Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 23:20   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
Dude

Congratulations on your ownership, but you know how the saying goes "All good things must come to end".

that was the best thing ever but even to date i can feel her exhaust note.
the sweaty palms and the gas pedal
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:57   #92

I bought this Merc 124 E 250 D from Delhi for 5 Lakhs. Good running condition with leather seats but wiring is a problem. My horn is giving me trouble otherwise it is a tank.
Attached Thumbnails
My DreamCar W124 E Class : Now Bought-merc.jpg  

Old 24th May 2010, 14:05   #93
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsc_pat View Post
I bought this Merc 124 E 250 D from Delhi for 5 Lakhs. Good running condition with leather seats but wiring is a problem. My horn is giving me trouble otherwise it is a tank.
Congrats on the E250! It is highly recommended to have the wiring harness changed on W124s that are over 10+ year old (pretty much every example is over that age now). Merc started using enviro-friendly wiring harnesses in the nineties that degrade with time.
Old 24th May 2010, 18:59   #94
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how much wiring harness costs to replace?

I know its really labour intensive and a case like that goes straight to scarp in the west due to the high labour costs.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:25   #95
BHPian

it should cost between 40K to 70K when i last checked about a year back. IMHO no Merc goes to scrap in international markets due to replacement of wiring harness change. Its a routine in merc service to change it in 10 years because its bio degradable.
Jai Ho !!
Old 5th October 2010, 13:29   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubin View Post
a small update on the bumper.....bought a new one and fixed it.....
all she needs now is a teflon coat.....and some Driving
any ideas about teflon coating......
How much does a new front bumper cost? I want to get one for my '93 300D.
Old 5th October 2010, 14:25   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime4wd View Post
I recently acquired an e220 too. I am looking at getting both bumpers changed. Any info would be useful
Old 10th November 2010, 12:28   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Any idea how much wiring harness costs to replace?
The wiring harness can cost around 45 - 50K. Got it replaced in my E220 recently. Labour extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime4wd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGekko View Post
I recently acquired an e220 too. I am looking at getting both bumpers changed. Any info would be useful
Both the bumpers have 2 parts. One part is the rail and the other part is, well the rest of it. On the front, the rail is the part where the number plate sits and the rear is the similar looking thing. You can get them separately so that you don't have to change a part that you don't need to.

The front costs about 9000 for the entire set. The rear also costs about that much. The rail costs about 3000 each. I don't remember the exact prices. I got a lot of work done on my E220, so it's a little hard to remember the prices even though I've only had it for only 3 months or so.
Old 13th November 2010, 21:17   #99
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i need some help regarding a W124. Can i get the exact tech specs of a 1995 W123 E300 Diesel, both mechanical as well as equipment.

Were Headlight wipers, sunroof etc part of a package or were they individual options?

And what would be the market rate for a Sparingly used single owner '95 300D in mint condition with all options?
Old 14th November 2010, 13:18   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Guys, i need some help regarding a W124. Can i get the exact tech specs of a 1995 W123 E300 Diesel, both mechanical as well as equipment.
I think you meant W124 E300 D.
Here's what all I know of the top of my head. Let me know if you need me to dig out more information.

Engine - 2996 CC, 6 cylinder (in line), 4 valves, 136 HP @ 5000 RPM, 210 NM @ 5000 RPM.

Suspension - Front has a cross lever system and rear has a cylindrical spiral spring.

Breaks - Disc brakes all around. ABS equipped.

Other stuff - Curb weight (MT) - 1560 Kg. Boot capacity - 520 L. Fuel tank - 70 L. Avg - 11 KMPL (city). Top speed - 200. Engine model - OM606 (if I remember correctly).
And yes. You should NOT be looking at the average. It's a Benz. Enjoy it.

Quote:
Were Headlight wipers, sunroof etc part of a package or were they individual options?
I think they were individual options. Only the top of the line models had that stuff as OE.

Quote:
And what would be the market rate for a Sparingly used single owner '95 300D in mint condition with all options?
It totally depends. How many KM's? How original are the components in the car? Are the import documents loophole free? Single owner in India or did it have owners wherever it came from? What kind of work is needed on the car?

My advice is that you take it to an authorised Mercedes Benz service center and get an evaluation of the car. They'll give you a list of exactly what is wrong and what has to be replaced. After that it is your choice if you get all of it carried out or only essential things.

Price would be between 4.5 - 6.0 lakhs. Diesels have more value. And this is an import so it'll have a bit MORE value. And if it is in mint condition IE does not even need a single thing replaced, then expect to pay in the range of 5.5 - 6.0.

Let me know if I can be of any more help. And if you don't buy it. Please tell me the contact info. I'm sort of in the market for a diesel merc.
Old 16th May 2011, 07:31   #101
BHPian

Re: My DreamCar W124 E Class : Now Bought

can any one help me with price of W124 E250 's clutch disk ,engine and GB mounting bush price? amy one from Mumbai?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks