Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 09:10   #76
BHPian

Hi Guys ,

Even i am hearing the thud sound whenever i go over a hump on the left or right rear .
Old 21st October 2009, 10:49   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
congratulations!! wow i cant believe it looks so good!!

i have a few questions.

if i were to buy punto 1.2 which i am thinking of in the near future!

i would like to make few small changes!!

1) can we change the black plastic door handles and just the ORVMs to body colour by paying little extra at dealership. i dont mind paying some extra charge i just dont like plastic bits!! because i would go for the red color and if i couldn't then my choice would be to go for black color to camouflage the cheap mirrors and door handles!! actually i like both colors! its just visually it would look great with body coloured handles and ORVMs in Red..

2) interiors!! i just wanna know are they better than swift or better!! which car other car you can compare it to!! ritz perhaps!? (talking about plastic quality and dashboard area)

3)ooh and what about key-less entry!! i think if you installed auto-cop warranty probs arise!! or else can these be fitted at the dealer without warranty issues??

i understood that you can get the central locking done from outside!! great.

just concerned about the warranty and some basic stuff!! wondering these changes can be made by paying something extra!!

and have you thought about alloys?? are you into this or this is just a car for commutes. no pimping !!
Hi Caramelo .

Pt 1 : Yes you can get it painted to body colours , you would have to pay extra , when i picked up my punto saw one of the employees of that Fiat dealership , he had purchased the Active variant and had got these done , also he had got the front grill and fog lamp holders painted black .

Pt2 : IMO having owned the Swift , and having TD the Ritz i feel that the plastics are a bit better in Ritz [ fit and finish wise ] , Averagely better in looks & feel , but i personally feel that the Punto's plastic is better as i feel that it wont look faded sometime down the line.

Pt 3 : And yes the Punto i was referring to in pt1 had a central locking installed and , the owner says it worked just fine .

Also he had slapped on 15" alloys 195 Profile tyres [ Yokohoma i think ] i can ask him where he got it , the model & make . but it did cost him 45,000 Just for the tires .

Quote:

oh and one more thing if you can tell me!! how is the leg room at the backseats on the punto !! is it okayish!! or what?

6 People have sat in the backseat, average height of 5" 5" and they all said that back space is adequate and nice .

Quote:
what!! this is crazy! so basically if you do any kind of mods. simple thing like ICE installation then your warranty goes for a toss???

so raj your warranty is gone???. should we care for warranty because its gonna go anyways it seems.
I think as long as you consult the Fiat dealer and then get the ICE fitted , it wont void the warranty , check with your dealer first .
Old 21st October 2009, 11:47   #78
BHPian

[quote=wind_rider;1541128]
6 People have sat in the backseat, average height of 5" 5" and they all said that back space is adequate and nice .

Are you saying 'six' people sat in the backseat all at once??Hmmm how is this possible?!Or is it point number six you have mentioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post

i filled petrol for Rs.3000/- and drove around blr-slm-cbe-blr (around 900 kms [25% city, 75% highway] with 75% AC). still there is 15-20 lts in tank(pointer is in between 1/4 and 1/2 of the tank).
I kept the instant consumption on and drove in 40-50 kms so I could drive kind of optimal and I was getting 9.3 kms/litre in city and on my trip now to tirupati I got 12.9 kms/litre.Nothing more than this.

Quote:
highway drive on the 1.2 ltr punto should be interesting drive safe man!! and do post a report and some pics too if possible.
Hey Caramelo was a very interesting trip, took the 1.2 up the hills and back down and yea will write down the entire experience bythe weekend.Had jitters going up the hill-had lots of rattling in the car from inside the bonnet while coming back.Will pen it all down.
Old 21st October 2009, 14:42   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Are you saying 'six' people sat in the backseat all at once??Hmmm how is this possible?!Or is it point number six you have mentioned!

[/b]
No it is Six different People .
Old 21st October 2009, 14:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_rider View Post
No it is Six different People .
Ha Ha Ha Ha - cant believe my stupidity! This joke made my day!
Old 16th December 2009, 15:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

rajinibm, Any further updates on your lady in gray?

Don't no why suddenly there seems to be no update on most of the Punto threads?? Is is just me??
Old 16th December 2009, 15:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Even now when the car comes off a bumper the rear of the car gives a thud sound even if I go real slow.
?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I also sometimes hear a thud while coming off a bumper, like something bounced in the boot. Dont know if that is an issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mech View Post
the same for me frequently in left rear and sometimes in the right rear also. need to check that in 1st service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajeshi View Post
Hi Guys ,
Even i am hearing the thud sound whenever i go over a hump on the left or right rear .
HI Guys , even i hear that Thud .! every time i go over a hump , if i am very slow then i don't hear it else it is there .

Sometimes from Left / sometime from Right .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post

Don't no why suddenly there seems to be no update on most of the Punto threads?? Is is just me??
This year end means : holidays : means travel for TBHPians : means more posts .
Old 16th December 2009, 17:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind_rider View Post
HI Guys , even i hear that Thud .! every time i go over a hump , if i am very slow then i don't hear it else it is there .

Sometimes from Left / sometime from Right .
I have also heard the same sound every time I go over a hump in speed. I believe it is the spare tyre in the boot that lifts up and then falls back in it's place. The tyre is kept loose in the boot and there is no way to fix it, if I am not wrong.
Old 19th December 2009, 07:08   #84
BHPian

Yes, the spare tyre is the culprit. There is no thud when you go over a speed breaker with your boot loaded. There must be some way to fix it. Got to take a look at it
Old 8th February 2010, 11:44   #85
BHPian

update on my punto on 6k kms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post

Hey Hammerhead

Well,yeah been a while since any updates -- but then I was in two minds as most of the times when I was inclined to update this thread, it was for all the wrong reasons ( read as problem with my car) or I wanted to write down a disclaimer stating this thread would contain what all problems my car faced date wise and how it was resolved/not resolved for my personal reference kind of!Hmmm well the car did 5000 kms in 2 months of its purchase, first service done and then in the last 4 monts the car has clocked clocked close to 1k kms!!

The issue is that its a constant headache taking the car out as you feel extremely insecure as to when the car would/could stop while driving in the middle of the road and its feels mighty embarrassing to be stuck in the middle of the road during rush hour with a hundred people honking even when they know your cars not moving and its being pushed to the side of the road!

The issues started as small ones -- the car would not start on the first time it would be started.Had to tug the key a couple of times.Then one fine evening tried starting the car and it refused to ( the battery had drained out) had to call the TVS 24 hrs service and jump start the battery.Was told no problems now and bang the next day again the car stops on the road and had to rush to my wife and call TVS again and yet again the battery is jumpstarted and next day had the battery checked and it was feb 09 battery on a august 09 car but I said fine not such a major issue.TVS mechs said the battery is a dud and needs to be replaced and I said fine.Concorde guys called up exide and they checked the batt and they said no probs run the car and it wont fail again and then bang the car stops the next day right in mount road at seven thirty pm and that was extremely bad with a huge pile up of cars.Again called TVS and they said this time you need to pay and I was like hello -- why should I pay???but then had to as they said now they cant do free for Fiat tie-up!!!!Then yet again had the battery checkup and was adamant that the battery be replaced but to no avail.The battery was checked and was told its fine even when the charging was hovering at 11.25-11.5 and the optimum is supposed to be over 12.5(if i am not mistaken)

Anyways took the car again after being told if the car stops get the battery to exide office and dump it and we would exchange it!

Took the car on a ride with wife to chidambaram and on way back it stops in the highway!Car stops at around 9 30 am -- call up 24 hrs service and they say its paid service and i say ok just start the car so i can reach home and i promise never to take it out again.They say ok someone would be there in an hr max.The mech arrives and tries to jumptstart the battery and nothing happens then after two hours he finds that the electrical relay has problems and also the AC relay clutch stays on even when car is off!I in meanwhile call up TAFE head from where I got the car and ask him what the hell is happening and why is the car which I already had issues with behaving this way being a car just five months old and he says strange about the battery and says its peculiar how a new car has electrical problems and says he would check it the next day.Anyways after 3 hrs in the highway we start the car and drive down saying prayers that we reach home and the car doesnt stop again.

Then the next day TAFE sends down its exec and he takes the car and goes and keeps the car for 2 days and gives it back and i am assured the car if fine.The next day morning being a saturday, take it out to test it and it goes for a 100 meters and stops again!Same problem yet again and i was told the electrical lines were changed in the car but in the invoice all that was written was battery check up and pick/drop!Again called TAFE and said boss the car i on the road and i am pushing it back into my house and they say impossible, how did this happen!I said why did you not replace the battery and check the A?C relay as was told and they say we did a check up on the battery and thought it was fine and I was speechless so i told them to come home and see the car I had to show them what the problem was!!Then they again took the car and now have given it back again but still they maintain that they hope it works fine!The batt has finally been replaced!
My wife went ahead and got a new car and I have mine so dont intend to use the punto during weekdays and lets see been a while now.
The point is I dont want to waste my energy and health over such issues.

Hmmm so there the answer why this thread was left an orphan!:-)

Well asked fiat if they would buy back my car -- ofcourse at a loss and they said mysteriously , lets see if they problem arises again then he would tell me what to do with the car!(wonder whats the solution he has in mind!)

But overall , i would say its my bad luck I got the car from where I got it else I would say the cars a gem and a pleasure to drive!

Also , I would like to add here that the 1.2 engine as I personally feel is great to drive and is no way a deterrent for prospective buyers!

Last edited by rajinibm : 8th February 2010 at 11:50.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:16   #86
BHPian

Seems like the battery is the culprit. Do check and update if the car stalls even now
Old 8th February 2010, 13:01   #87
BHPian

Sad to know that you had issues with your Punto. So have you "dumped" the Punto?
Old 8th February 2010, 14:10   #88
BHPian

Hey you have been very unlucky... Probably got a defective battery.. May be you should think about writing to FIAT directly.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:55   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Seems like the battery is the culprit. Do check and update if the car stalls even now
@ palio2005 and soccerfan

The battery was one of the culprits along with the a/c clutch relay and some electricals in the car.Havent driven the car as I am travelling from past few weeks and my wife would not take the punto out for a spin.
Would do so once back.But making sure the car is started daily for a couple of mins.
Not dumped the car but usage has gone down drastically.

@gene

yup the battery was a dud.If you look at my cars history me and FIAT have innumerable instances of interaction and I am not in the mood to write to them as I sure fiat dealers can sort small issues out.

Last edited by rajinibm : 8th February 2010 at 17:58.
Old 25th February 2010, 19:24   #90
BHPian

Hey Raj ...
i m sorry to hear this as well
I have a Blue 1.2 L Active which i have with me since 30th nov 09
I was constantly monitoring this Thread because just like you my riding is not too much
& i settled in for this car .

Frankly speaking i had bookmarked the URL to this thread & i m shocked to learn
about the battery and A/c relay which you made us all aware of

Mine is not run too much and infact not even touched 500 kms as of now

Since this is my very first Car and i am concerned about such issues to come up so i m keeping my fingers crossed .Can u let me know did u get the car serviced while it clocked up on first 3000 kms or 3 months after the delivery (which ever came up first)??

I would like to bring to your notice that i am getting a mixed avg of 8-9 km/l at the moment and the thing which is worrying me is the Mileage ... is it supposed to give me this figures as default or am i expected to get better figures post 1st car-service

I request you to keep updating this thread because i m damn sure there are many like you and me may be impacted by such issues and these discussions may turn up and would bring faces smile once again ...Its Always about Pleasure being a CAR BUFF more than a FIAT OWNER ..

Warm Regards
TND

Most Viewed