Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2010, 10:44   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
Hey Raj ...
i m sorry to hear this as well
I have a Blue 1.2 L Active which i have with me since 30th nov 09
I was constantly monitoring this Thread because just like you my riding is not too much
& i settled in for this car .

Frankly speaking i had bookmarked the URL to this thread & i m shocked to learn
about the battery and A/c relay which you made us all aware of

Mine is not run too much and infact not even touched 500 kms as of now

Since this is my very first Car and i am concerned about such issues to come up so i m keeping my fingers crossed .Can u let me know did u get the car serviced while it clocked up on first 3000 kms or 3 months after the delivery (which ever came up first)??

I would like to bring to your notice that i am getting a mixed avg of 8-9 km/l at the moment and the thing which is worrying me is the Mileage ... is it supposed to give me this figures as default or am i expected to get better figures post 1st car-service

I request you to keep updating this thread because i m damn sure there are many like you and me may be impacted by such issues and these discussions may turn up and would bring faces smile once again ...Its Always about Pleasure being a CAR BUFF more than a FIAT OWNER ..

Warm Regards
TND
Hey TND

Firstly congrats for buying a Punto.Well,the battery issue I would say could be a one off case and would probably never occur to other Punto owners.So I should say you have a great car and you can have peace of mind and not worry about the same.Enjoy your car, its a delight to drive it.Take it for long drives and feel the sheer pleasure.

You need to service your car when anyone of the above two conditions comes first.

The mileage of the car -- yea I would tend to agree very strongly that the mileage is low.I too never get more than 8-9 km/l.So when I read of 18-20 km/l for diesel owners it surprises me.I did not expect too much but maybe even 10-11 km/l would have made a difference.Being a 1.2 petrol variant it should ideally give more.Ask your service guy when you give your car for first service on the same and let us know what he says on the mileage part,I too shall enquire on the same.
Old 27th February 2010, 11:46   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hey TND

Firstly congrats for buying a Punto.Well,the battery issue I would say could be a one off case and would probably never occur to other Punto owners.So I should say you have a great car and you can have peace of mind and not worry about the same.Enjoy your car, its a delight to drive it.Take it for long drives and feel the sheer pleasure.

You need to service your car when anyone of the above two conditions comes first.

The mileage of the car -- yea I would tend to agree very strongly that the mileage is low.I too never get more than 8-9 km/l.So when I read of 18-20 km/l for diesel owners it surprises me.I did not expect too much but maybe even 10-11 km/l would have made a difference.Being a 1.2 petrol variant it should ideally give more.Ask your service guy when you give your car for first service on the same and let us know what he says on the mileage part,I too shall enquire on the same.
Even I'm from your category guys, meaning don't drive much. Distance from my home to office is less then 500mtrs!! So far done just 200KM's with my 1 month old car. Mine is 1.4 though.

rajinibm, I admire your love for car man. After facing issues with new car anyone would have lost his head and gone ahead blaming FIAT and the car as a product ignoring rest all positives of the product.

Coming to the milage, I remember guys at BUB telling me that 1.4 will give better milage then 1.2. At that time I though it may be their marketting stratergy to push 1.4 but then I monitored my friends 1.4 Linea for milage, he was getting 12KM/L in city like pune and 14-15 KM/L on highways.
Mine is currently giving 10KM/L. You must have checked other Punto 1.4 owners thread, even they are getting above 10KM/L in city and 15-16KM/L on Mumbai-Pune expressway.

Looking at you guys FE figures, I kind of believe BUB guys.
Old 21st March 2010, 11:58   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Hey TND

@ Raj -- Many thanks to you and Yes i earlier thought i always liked my Bullet way bit more than my punter but my bike is pulled out and i am settling in for the car and i have been liking it just & abit more

Darn things handles well !!! plus to
keep u posted that i have done 653 km total and i m scheduling my 1st service very soon (in a weeks time), now in regards to the FE and mileage what ever they say ...

I went radicle and changed the Pump from a BP & swtiched to IOC (xtra premium petrol) ...I know ,manual says 'NO PREMIUM' but it was advised by a car pal to experiment with on IOC ..which i did!

I m too surprised to tell you from 8-9 km/l , yesterday i checked my last trip which was like a 30 min city ride not bumper to bumper , did keep her in the 4th and made sure to use the power and did not allow the rpm to go below 1200 to achieve 12.7 km/l ( with Ac blower on 1 ) , nothing to fancy just getting used to the car . I m committed to achieve more from this as this is just the initial run - in period and after the 1st service

I should even have a GRIN to my FACE

@ Hammer
Well the 1.2 is still a performer , minus the weaker 1st clutch - release at once the engine stops , i m still getting used to it but thats the only thing
i have in my mind for the Service guy to answer me ...

Cheers
TND
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:46   #94
BHPian

The seats are not very comortable for long drives.

Is there any difference in seat design between EMO+ and active model. I have got a 2010 Punto E+ in which i have done a 715 Km journey in a day and i found it very comfortable and supportive in comparison with my other vehicle (2000 Accent GLS).
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:50   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post

Is there any difference in seat design between EMO+ and active model. I have got a 2010 Punto E+ in which i have done a 715 Km journey in a day and i found it very comfortable and supportive in comparison with my other vehicle (2000 Accent GLS).
Thats exactly what I wanted to ask.
I feel the seats are very comfortable for long drive. Can someone elaborate on seats not being comfortable? I mean what does it lacks?
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:28   #96
BHPian

@ cosmo+Hammer : Well trust me i feel like i m stuck in those SNUG fit seats each time i crank that engine and rev around and feel the cabin space . I have done some 653 kms no long journeys yet --- no fatigue no dizzy spells no aches no bruises ...
They are Super comfoy across all variants

Peace
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:47   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post

I find the seats comfy and just last week I took the car to tirupathi and back.Thats a total of around 400 kms and did not feel anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueyTND View Post
I went radicle and changed the Pump from a BP & swtiched to IOC (xtra premium petrol) ...I know ,manual says 'NO PREMIUM' but it was advised by a car pal to experiment with on IOC ..which i did!

I m too surprised to tell you from 8-9 km/l , yesterday i checked my last trip which was like a 30 min city ride not bumper to bumper , did keep her in the 4th and made sure to use the power and did not allow the rpm to go below 1200 to achieve 12.7 km/l ( with Ac blower on 1 ) , nothing to fancy just getting used to the car . I m committed to achieve more from this as this is just the initial run - in period and after the 1st service

I should even have a GRIN to my FACE
Cheers
TND
Hmmm I understand what you say -- just to play the devils advocate, well I too have tried and done all what you have mentioned above and yes even I have got a reading of even 13.5 km/l but this is only for one outing, when i see my overall fuel consumption on say a 1000 rs of petrol then the figure would be 8-9 km/l.
But if you are getting the above figures on a consistent basis then yes its good.

I have no idea about premium petrol, I too had heard it doesnt have much to do overall so I have stuck to ordinary petrol.

One more thing -- I keep reading about this lack of power in the 1.2 and that it doesnt zip on the highways I would like to stick my neck out and say that in the city it a very nippy car and its a pleasure to drive it and on the highways, well I find it really exhilarating to say the least.The car responds very well in fact and I dont feel any lack of speed as such.Ofcourse my personal opinion.Even when I climbed up the hills of Tirupati in the 1.2 it never showed any lack of power and felt rock solid.

Cheers
TND[/quote]

Last edited by rajinibm : 23rd March 2010 at 13:48.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:21   #98
BHPian

The Fiat Feeling ...

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2010 at 17:37.
torqueyTND is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th March 2010, 15:42   #99
BHPian

Fiat Punto - Fuel Economy FIGURES

Hi Guys ,

I hope this answers many Q's
Cheers
TND
Attached Thumbnails
Me and my Fiat PUNTO in this beautiful world - 1.2 petrol variant!-punto-1.2-vs-1.4-fire.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 16:50   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

I would reduce these mileage numbers by atleast 15% as a thumb rule to arrive at the real time average mileage in a city like Bangalore.

For the 1.4 Fire it would be around 11.5 kmpl and for the 1.2 FIRE about 13 kmpl. Seems not bad. These numbers do not seem bad.
Old 24th March 2010, 17:06   #101
BHPian

^ Agree with Krishna. With sedate driving, I am getting 13 consistently on ly Linea 1.4 in city and 19-20 on highway, all with ACC.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:24   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
^ Agree with Krishna. With sedate driving, I am getting 13 consistently on ly Linea 1.4 in city and 19-20 on highway, all with ACC.
+1 to that.
I get 12 in city traffic pune and 16 + on expressway in my 1.4 GP EP
Old 24th March 2010, 20:27   #103
BHPian

Ahhhhh....

SO guys if i m not wrong....enough

People SWAP Swifts for a PUNTO ?
Old 6th April 2010, 09:13   #104
BHPian

So guys ,
The first service of my car was done @ 687 kms & i think besides from an airgap in the clutch nothing too major hiccups was noticed , it was all done very well

Today as i m pening this down , i had a tank full of Regular Petrol from the IOC bunk
not to mention i didnt wait for the Warning Fuel LED indicator to come up for low fuel
i was craving to hav 7+ litres of premium from my last refuel (tank fuel) some 90 days ago (approx). I m curious to let know that the car is quite zippy and handling is top notch , nothing fuzzy , punter does all the dancing gracefully.

I really would say, before service i was having probs of the car staling immediately while slow or almost near negligible release of the clutch pedal release - i think i m still getting used to it but i think after the service i feel the gear & clutch has been worked upon.

Fuel economy : last 2 fuel refills (top up - top up) returned me
approx - 11.8 - 12 kmpl overall ( these fuels were only half of Speed &
one full tank top up of xtrapremium)

I m now sticking to regular petrol & will keep an eye on FE likewise &
should be most accurate with the figs thereof in my next tank full

Atm i think i am hunting for a pair of 15inch alloys plus upsizing the tyres as well +
will do bit of soul searching on options for floor carpets , carpet deodizer , dash board cleaner, and car perfume products ...ah just found out that the lock on the left hand pull down glove box does not latch & need to get it fixed

nothing much to add ..folks

cheers
TND

Last edited by torqueyTND : 6th April 2010 at 09:15. Reason: corrections
Old 6th April 2010, 10:37   #105
Senior - BHPian

^^
That's pretty good fuel economy, keep us posted on the numbers.

Most Viewed