Team-BHP - Me & My Punto (MJD E Pack)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Me & My Punto (MJD E Pack) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64117-me-my-punto-mjd-e-pack.html)

It was in 2006 end when I first saw the Grande Punto. Immediately I started drooling .
As years passed, I started to get frustrated that the Punto is not getting released in India. Finally when the Linea was launched I was very happy as I knew the wait is getting to an end. After two years, now it’s finally the time. On June 20th I First test drove the car.
On 8th July I finally booked the car, that I had dreamed off.
Yes there are a few drawbacks in the Indian version, but they are not deal breakers for me.
For example: I always wanted the 1.3 MJD 90 hp but we got the 1.3 75 hp, But the drivability of the car made me not to think much on this.
The plastics to me look ok, as I cannot make out just by looks, whether it’s good quality or bad quality. Until things stay at its place I have no issues.
Agreed the fit and finish could had been better.
The most disappointing thing for me is the lack of the P on left side of the dash board as in the international version. It makes the dash look cool.
Finally on 29th July, I touched my Dream.
The car is a Medium Grey 1.3 Multijet Emotion pack.
I did have a small hiccup during the deliver due to which I have been promised floormats and the body cover as freebees and currently they have given me the Lineas floor mats as temporary adjustment.
The car till date has done around 2100 kms, out of which 700 kms is on highways. The car is really a very good cruiser on the highways. Just shift to 5th maintain the rpm above 1.5 k and it just drives like an automatic.
I am getting an average of 14-15 in city. Sometimes it even goes upto 16.5 in city, it is mainly dependent on the time I leave home and office.
In my highway drive to Chickmangalur, I did manage to get a overall FE of arnd 20 with 100% AC on.
The only problem I have till date is with the seat height adjuster, it does come down automatically.
Pics will follow soon right now my PC is not detecting any USB’s.

Congarts Bhagathgowda,

A very good color in Punto,IMO.
Some photos please
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congrats on your purchase. Snaps please :)

Congarts Bhagathgowda,

It sure is raining Punto's in the forum, the FE you seem to be getting also is quite good, some pics from your end would be fantastic. You must sure be feeling very nice to own a car you have been waiting for, for soo long.

Congrats Bhagath, Enjoy the Bold new drive!

Congrats Bhagath. I like the way you decide upon the quality of plastics. Yes, for me too, if they stay in place without making any khad-khad sound, they are good to go.

Congrats ! You have a very good colour and I think its the best of the lot !! Happy motoring !

Congrats. Its raining PUNTOS. PICS please. Drive safe

So many Punters on T-BHP. Congrats bro and get your USB problem solved so that you can post some good pics of your lovely car.

Congrats Gowdre,
Yep pics will do justice to the thread.

congrats gowda!

here's to the punto drive!

Congratulations on the Punto.
Post the pictures please!

Congrats to a new Punter!

IIRC, the seat adjuster problem was prevalent in Linea as well. So, does it mean that this issue is not yet fixed? Did you contact the A.S.S regarding this?

Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of a Punto. The people who have owned/driven this car have been praising it's abilities, especially as a city car, to the core.

Have fun, drive safe and do post some pictures and a detailed ownership experience too.

Thanks guys. The pics will follow soon i some how got my PC working but the problem was with teh size of the pics each was around 3 MB need to reduce the size first.

JVH: No, i havent visted the A.S.S for this issue. The car has already run 2200 kms, so will let them know during the visit for first service.