Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 19:41   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
If the clutch does squeal then its caused by a bad pilot bearing or bushing.In my case it was the bushing.

The list is as below for the replaced parts.

Clutch Driven Plate
Clutch Cover Assembly
Concentric Slave Cylinder
All these parts were changed? Do you have any pics of the replaced parts ?

Spike
Old 10th May 2011, 19:46   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
All these parts were changed? Do you have any pics of the replaced parts ?
Spike
Spikey I dint carry a cam with me then, but yeah I saw them all when the work was being done in my scorp. Last I wanted them was to bullshit again so made it a point to visit the place when the work was being carried out.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 10th May 2011 at 19:50.
Old 11th May 2011, 07:58   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Received a prompt call from the Assistant Manager Service , IG Group and was asked to drop off the scorp at India Garage. I was dealing with Sham Prasad from India garage and explained the problem , which he very well understood.

Have been driving around the scorp' now for the last few days and no issues what so ever. Sham Prasad and M&M were kind enough to follow up on the status and if I had any problems. Luckily none have come up and am happy .
rjstyles69, I hope you have an extended warranty for the Scorp. Good to know about your experience with them

I had a similar situation, with the same IG Workshop (Whitefield)

There was a clicking noise from the Alternator, to which the SA (Sharath), said it has to be replaced. The cost, 18000/-. I called the Mahindra Helpline to enquire if I could get a warranty on this part and they arranged a call back. Mr. Sham called me in a few minutes and said, they cannot offer a warranty, but they will check, if it can be repaired. Within a couple of hours, the SA calls and says, they were able to repair it.

Wonder, why they are always in the mindset of replacing parts, even without making an attempt to repair it.
Old 11th May 2011, 09:27   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
There was a clicking noise from the Alternator, to which the SA (Sharath), said it has to be replaced. The cost, 18000/-. I called the Mahindra Helpline to enquire if I could get a warranty on this part and they arranged a call back. Mr. Sham called me in a few minutes and said, they cannot offer a warranty, but they will check, if it can be repaired. Within a couple of hours, the SA calls and says, they were able to repair it.
This SA Sharath was the same guy who made the job card for the 4th service which turned out to be a complete disaster.

Sham is a good chap to deal with, he knows his stuff and doesn't beat around the bush. A very patient gentleman and has been around with IG for donkeys years now.
In-fact the Whitefield service works manager Hemanth also was a knowledgeable guy, apparently they decided on moving him to the Victoria Layout branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Wonder, why they are always in the mindset of replacing parts, even without making an attempt to repair it.
No rocket science , your car is out of warranty what better way to charge you ?

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 11th May 2011 at 09:28.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:35   #155
Senior - BHPian

Hi RJ,

Good report. Even my ride had got the clutch assembly, pressure plates etc replaced during last service at 45K. The clutch pedal pin must have been replaced 15 times now!! for the squeaking noise it makes once in every 2000 Km, which is irritating for me.

Except the 'minor' niggles, i am a happy customer thanks to my A.S.C at Hyderabad- AML motors!
Old 11th May 2011, 13:14   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi RJ,

Good report. Even my ride had got the clutch assembly, pressure plates etc replaced during last service at 45K. The clutch pedal pin must have been replaced 15 times now!! for the squeaking noise it makes once in every 2000 Km, which is irritating for me.
From what I heard this pilot bearing/bushing needs to be greased frequently, at-least every 5k kms. Might be a good practice to get this done every time the Scorp' goes in for the regular service.
I did read quite a bit of this from other forums and most have recommended that its a good thing to grease the same.
Old 11th May 2011, 13:25   #157
Senior - BHPian

Yes RJ, I get the greasing(white colour one, specially sent by M&M for clutch pins to its ASCs) done regularly. The spring and the pin arrangement, some how is not upto the mark.
Old 13th September 2011, 10:22   #158
Senior - BHPian

5th service done at 28k

A little late here to update this thread, right the odo stands at 30k clicks. However the 5th service was a pretty uneventful one with the so called mundane service. The vehicle has been running pretty well without any issues and returning a steady mileage of 13.xx with 90-95% AC on the highway runs.. Touche touche .

Had pre-booked my service slot with IG , Whitefield and dropped off the vehicle for service at 9:00am. With everything working well I made it very clear to the SA that I only need a regular 5k service and nothing else.

I was informed that the vehicle would be returned by 3:00pm and yeah it was stretched by a 45mins which I really had no gripes with. The final bill was at 5299/- considering the fact that this was a major service as per M&M. Well they have minor servicing for 600 bucks or so too.

The list is as below

-------------------------------------Rate-------- Taxable-----------
Consumables ----------------------- 100.00------- 100.00
Front Wiper Blade -------------------199.89--------399.78
Kit Shim Wheel Alignment-------------157.02--------157.02
Carry Out HPL Service----------------450.00
General Paid Service---------------- 2700.00
Wheel Balancing--------------------- 600.00
Wheel Alignment--------------------- 375.00

------------------------------------4125.00------- 656.80

--------------------------------Vat 14.00%--------- 91.95
----------------- Labour Service Tax 10.30%--------424.88
----------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------Rounded off to 5299.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------

From what I can see the HPL service is a rip off with 450 bucks being charged for a wash. Makes me wonder if they are using L'Oreal to wash the Scorpio .

The very next day after the service I did a 500kms drive and heck the scorp' was feeling torqueier .Thought I must have been hallucinating , but then my better half drove it and said it was much more responsive than before. For sure they dint add a Pete's box , but then who cares as long as it was a hoot to drive I never bother much. Mileage returned still is the same as before and am glad that hasn't changed.

Now comes the biggest goof ups I made. Got the insurance done in July itself(due in August) however I forgot pick up the extended warranty before the expiry of the standard warranty. It was on the back of my mind when I got the insurance done and thought I would get it during the next service, my bad I forgot about it.

Contacted M&M says that they cant sell me the extended warranty since their T&C states that this should be purchased before the expiry of the Standard Warranty. Have been interacting with the CC Manager Bangalore Area Office, Mr.Senthil and checked if their reps of dealers don't call and inform customers about the warranty expiry ?

I was told that they generally do, but I never received that call. Again cant hold anyone responsible for this since I forgot about it. Mr.Senthil said he would check and get back to me and very sternly informed that they don't have exceptions when it comes to extended Warranty .

Will have to live without the extended warranty for now with fingers crossed.

It's been 2 years since I picked up the scorp and decided to give it some TLC. An ICE upgrade is being done now with some FG work as I write this, will put up a separate thread on that next week once the work is done.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 13th September 2011 at 10:23.
Old 13th September 2011, 13:07   #159
BANNED

I noticed a few things here.

At SKS atleast, till Feb 2011, the paid service was INR 900.00 which included a pressure wash and polish.

Why does it show 2700.00 here? Also, the HPL to me looks like "High Pressure Line" which could be associated with the fuel lines to and from the HP pump to the rail and the filter etc and not a pressure wash.

Did you check it with IG?

I too am on the lookout for an ICE upgrade and will eagerly await your upgrade, its pics and cost breakup.
Old 13th September 2011, 15:17   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The very next day after the service I did a 500kms drive and heck the scorp' was feeling torqueier .Thought I must have been hallucinating , but then my better half drove it and said it was much more responsive than before. For sure they dint add a Pete's box , but then who cares as long as it was a hoot to drive I never bother much. Mileage returned still is the same as before and am glad that hasn't changed.
Riju, looks like they flashed the ECU. that would typically erase all the error codes and the ECU would be akin to that of a new car.

good to know that you are enjoying the Scorp to the hilt and it is performing well.....
Old 14th September 2011, 07:38   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I noticed a few things here.

At SKS atleast, till Feb 2011, the paid service was INR 900.00 which included a pressure wash and polish.
2700 was always the price for a so called major service. I must have gotten the minor service charges wrong instead of 900 bucks.

Quote:
Why does it show 2700.00 here? Also, the HPL to me looks like "High Pressure Line" which could be associated with the fuel lines to and from the HP pump to the rail and the filter etc and not a pressure wash.Did you check it with IG?
My 4th service was charged at 2700 and I think it's the standard price for the major service. I checked with IG regarding the HPL and the lady said it was a pressure washing. Will reconfirm with the SA again today.

Quote:
I too am on the lookout for an ICE upgrade and will eagerly await your upgrade, its pics and cost breakup.
Been asked for a 10 day window so I guess it will be up only by next weekend. Will sure post install pics and the cost break up. Dont expect much savings on the cost coz I picked up most of the stuff during my recent US trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Riju, looks like they flashed the ECU. that would typically erase all the error codes and the ECU would be akin to that of a new car.
Looks like it himanshu. It was quite different this time and yeah I pushed it to 3 digit speeds and was a hoot to drive. BTW congrats on your booking and welcome to the club. Here's me wishing you miles of happy driving with the Mhawk.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 11:39   #162
Senior - BHPian

Re: Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done

Finally the much awaited ICE upgrade was done, have put up a thread here. Got the Scorp a Nagoya Ham antenna purely for the looks part of it. Will put up a few pictures next weekend.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:52   #163
Senior - BHPian

The Nagoya mounted on the front bonnet

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-_dsc1821.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-_dsc1825-large.jpg
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 12:24   #164
BHPian

Hi Riju, just went through the ICE thread. Excellent set up. Loved the seat covers too. I guess the only thing pending are the alloys. Looking for a specific model for your yoko's?

Btw, the above 2 pics are stunning. Class apart!

Cheers
Avi
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 20:06   #165
BHPian

@rjstyles, really cool ICE setup. I like both the above pics too.

A curious question, what is the price of your front bull bar. I would definetely like to put one for my Scorp too.
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks