Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2009, 01:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

The last post is incomplete without pics

Also who is neeliraven316? what happened to blueraven316?
Old 19th September 2009, 08:59   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
Hello R J,
I joined the party late but nevertheless congrats for the great buy. M hawk muscle looks really great compared to its predecessors. I would like to know which beam does your 3003 carry.How was the mounting done. Are the clamps welded on to the crash guard or fixed them over a seperate mounting bar ? I would like to see your car personally. can we plan it sometime ?
Methinks High Beam and has a parking light too. Drop me a PM sometime and we can catch up.Clamps had to be fabricated and then the lamps were mounted. Next DIY is to paint the clamps before it rusts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
The last post is incomplete without pics
Also who is neeliraven316? what happened to blueraven316?
Anna will try and do so today. neeliraven is blueraven(satya) in our local lingo except for the raven part.
Old 19th September 2009, 11:07   #78
Senior - BHPian

So sir, does the cost saving plus investment plus resale hit of baleno really make all that much sense one month down?
Old 19th September 2009, 11:20   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Spent close to 38k on ICE and sounds bliss to me. At the end of the day methinks every penny spent has been worth it.
Rich fella !!
38k for ICE and you keep bargaining for a vacuum cleaner worth 2k
Old 19th September 2009, 11:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

hey riju , congrats on your new truck , any plans on adding the petes?

and the ICe setup seem very exciting from what u've listed . pictures pleasseeeeee
Old 6th October 2009, 19:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

Just finished a 1400 kms road trip to Vagamon and am happy with the choice made. Absolutely no form of fatigue though I drove the complete 1400kms which included a good amount of off-road trail and excellent roads.

Whoever said that the hella's would cause cooling issues with the radiator, well I say it wasn't the case !! At no point in time during the whole drive did the scorp' miss a beat. Returned an avg of 13.63 as per our calculations and methinks that's a nice number.

I did some spirited driving and touched speeds of close to 135kmph at certain stretches. Cruising speeds were between 110-120kmph.Some pics for now from Vagamon.

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc_3369-large.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc_3471-large.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc_3720-large.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dscf4202-large.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dscf4226-large.jpg
Old 6th October 2009, 20:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

Where in Vagamon did you off road? And hope you have more pix. How are the Hellas? And you got Phillips Rallye?
Old 6th October 2009, 20:18   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely no form of fatigue though I drove the complete 1400kms which included a good amount of off-road trail and excellent roads.
I was kinda hope'g you'd say this.
A teammate of mine took a drive in a 6 month old top-of-the-line scorpio from Chennai to Thirunalvelli and he said he was completely worn down.

I always thought that Scorpio was good at munching miles.

I'd say then the teammate of mine does't really know what comfort is.

13.6 is pretty impressive.
You still have't posted the pics of the ICE.
Old 6th October 2009, 20:25   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Where in Vagamon did you off road? And hope you have more pix. How are the Hellas? And you got Phillips Rallye?
Offroading not to the extremes but to some extent within the Vagamon Heights property. Hellas were a blessing in disguise ,needs focusing and methinks it would require better wattage bulbs.However I was at the receiving end in Vagamon when I switched on the Hella's. A KSRTC bus coming downhill from the opposite side couldn't see a thing. The driver shouted " switch off something for me to see the roads" . Phillips Rallye looks fake to me since the light throw is really bad and I think the stock lights were better.
I had a tough time with the headlamps since the bulb upgrade was no good. Time to visit Satya.
Old 6th October 2009, 21:02   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Just finished a 1400 kms road trip to Vagamon and am happy with the choice made. Absolutely no form of fatigue though I drove the complete 1400kms which included a good amount of off-road trail and excellent roads.
Congrats on the Mhawk, wish you many happy miles with it.

OT, but would you have felt tired with your baleno driving 1400 kms? Just trying to figure out if a SUV is generally more comfortable than a sedan on longish drives. Wouldn't a good sedan be comfortable as well ? Is it the driving posture that adds to the comfort in a SUV ?

PS - If there's any thread on this, please point me to it. I ran a search but didn't find anything appropriate.
Old 6th October 2009, 21:09   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
I was kinda hope'g you'd say this.
A teammate of mine took a drive in a 6 month old top-of-the-line scorpio from Chennai to Thirunalvelli and he said he was completely worn down.
I always thought that Scorpio was good at munching miles.
I'd say then the teammate of mine does't really know what comfort is.
13.6 is pretty impressive.
You still have't posted the pics of the ICE.
It sure is a mile cruncher and I can vouch for it. The under-thigh support is not as bad I thought. I can now put my mouth where I put my money without a 2nd thought.Maggie (theMAG) was my co-driver and he sure can testify on the comfort of this vehicle.
ICE images will come up soon since a few niggles needs to be sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Congrats on the Mhawk, wish you many happy miles with it.

OT, but would you have felt tired with your baleno driving 1400 kms? Just trying to figure out if a SUV is generally more comfortable than a sedan on longish drives. Wouldn't a good sedan be comfortable as well ? Is it the driving posture that adds to the comfort in a SUV ?
Baleno yes, last years trip to coastal karnataka did bring in some tiredness. To me it looks like the driving posture, road visibility and the under thigh support(not that the baleno was bad).
Old 6th October 2009, 21:15   #87
BHPian

riju, great set of pics of a great machine. Love the last one with the Hella's and the rain. Waiting for the ICE images.
Old 7th October 2009, 00:00   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

One more of your steed, Riju.
Attached Thumbnails
Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-img_1313.jpg  

Old 16th December 2009, 12:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

The scorp's gone in for the 1st service at India Garage (Mahadevpura), a little late though. Quite a few niggles

1 - Voice Assist isn't working after the ICE install. Satya's(blueraven316) folks couldn't fix this so I asked them to leave it.
2 - Electronic fuel lid release aint working too.Again couldn't be fixed in-spite of 2 visits after the ICE install.
3 - The front door panels /dash trim needs to be refitted. Looks like the fall out of a the ICE job again.

I have been given an estimate of 2600/- for the change of the engine oil,oil filter and GB oil. Fluid top up's being done free of cost. Have been promised delivery by 6pm.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 16th December 2009 at 12:45.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:08   #90
BHPian

rjstyles69,
was the Speaker wires changed on the Driver side door? guess that could be the problem for the VoiceAssist not working. Didnt have any problems during my ICE install as they kept the OEM wiring.
Do let me know who's the best Service guys for the Scorpio in Bengaluru.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks