Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 13:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
rjstyles69,
was the Speaker wires changed on the Driver side door? guess that could be the problem for the VoiceAssist not working. Didnt have any problems during my ICE install as they kept the OEM wiring.
Do let me know who's the best Service guys for the Scorpio in Bengaluru.
Pal my ICE setup is a tad bit big and you cant pull it off with the OE wires. Hence the wiring had to be changed fully and apparently the voice assist system has a separate cable which is plugged to the speaker.

Here's details on the ICE

ICE
  • - HU KDC-BT7043U
  • - Boston Acoustics sxi 606 Front Door components
  • - Rear Door eFX 6 x9
  • - 2 Amps from my older car ( eFX and Volfenhag)
  • - RCA cables from Stinger
  • - Power cables from Sound Quest
  • - Distribution Block from eFX.
  • - eFX components for the center doors
  • - 12 " Subwoofer from Hifonics in a ported box.
Old 18th December 2009, 08:35   #92
Senior - BHPian

With the 1st service done, India Garage (Mahadevpura) has lived up to my expectations. Every single niggle has been fixed and I was offered pick up and drop from the service center to my office.

I was billed 2237/- for the change of GB oil, oil filters and engine oil. They offered synthetic oils , however I said I will change it during the 10k service.
The SA never tried to over sell any of their goodies and listened to every single thing I wanted fixed before delivery.

As of now, I would give them a rating of 9/10 since its pre-mature for me to comment. I have only used their services once and maybe over time I will update this thread on their service standards also.

I noticed something different here, these folks are ready to listen to all your problems and fix it up. During delivery they insisted that I take the SA for a test drive , personally check the vehicle for anything else that needs attention and then leave.

Anyways I have driven the vehicle for over 5k kms and the mileage in the city hovers around 9-10kmpl mark with AC on almost 80% of time. I have no gripes and yeah that mileage is good enuf for me.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear about your experience at India Garage.

One quick question after seeing your updates in alloy wheel thread, did you buy new alloys for Scorp ?
Old 18th December 2009, 10:13   #94
Team-BHP Support

Riju, good to know you had a good experience with the service.
Hows the alloys hunting coming along? Decided on something, or still looking?
Old 18th December 2009, 13:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
One quick question after seeing your updates in alloy wheel thread, did you buy new alloys for Scorp ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hows the alloys hunting coming along? Decided on something, or still looking?
Well folks this is what happens, I find a set of alloys I like and they are 7J alloys. I am looking at something in the range of 7.5J so that I kinda get the negative offset.

Tomorrow again am off hunting for something worthwhile other than the Chinese brands. There are umpteen chinese brands available which aint worth spending and taking the plunge.
Old 18th December 2009, 13:33   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Swamy,

How about them Acelere wheels - even if you have to sit on Saravana's head ?!
Old 18th December 2009, 13:49   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

The problem is the Acelere wheels look pretty bad. Of course, looks are subjective, but the one model available in Acelere for the Scorpio is ugly.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:44   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Swamy,
How about them Acelere wheels - even if you have to sit on Saravana's head ?!
Swamy done already and like Nikhil said they aint all that great on the scorp'. Here's an image of a set sent to me by a good friend. I love it, apparently 7J again.

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc00279jj-medium.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc00272j-medium.jpg
Old 18th December 2009, 17:51   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well folks this is what happens, I find a set of alloys I like and they are 7J alloys. I am looking at something in the range of 7.5J so that I kinda get the negative offset.
Did you actually mean positive offset? Dabahar, in his post on Scorp alloys thread, says that scorp alloys have +55 offset.

Can you also share the thought process behind picking up 7.5J as opposed to sticking to 6.5J? My 'funda' isn't very clear on these matters so I did not understand the "I kinda get the negative offset part"
Old 19th December 2009, 22:45   #100
BHPian

Riju, what were the accessories you got from India Garage on your purchase - other than the bull guard? I understand they are family friends or something - just want to know how far I can push. I've booked the Vlx (diamond white - again) today. They are only offering free insurance right now. Since I have a 25% NCB from my last car, it makes sense to negotiate insurance outside the dealership. However, they say they can't reduce the price of the car if the insurance offer is not taken. Strange!
Old 4th January 2010, 23:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Pending update. Had gotten the scorp' shod with Yoko' Geolander ATS on the 21st of Dec' before I left for my vacation. Size is 255/65/R16 and costed me 6450 per tire. Manufacturing dates , ugghh I couldn't miss that since samurai's recent experience. They are just 2 months old as per the dates.

Here's what the deal was like

6450/- x 4 for the ATS
2500/- per tire for my older BS Dueler's which had run 5k.
Alignment and balancing free. Please do the math yourself. I know the price was a steal,well it was too sweet of a deal for me to let go off.

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dscf5161-medium.jpg

These tires are simply awesome compared to the Dueler's. Super silent and grippy, will post a review once am done with my mundane office work.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:42   #102
Senior - BHPian

rjstyles, that is a good bargain for Yokos!

Can you post some side profile pics?
Old 1st March 2010, 10:50   #103
Team-BHP Support

Riju, do you have captain seats in the rear or the regular bench seats? How good is the leg room for long distance travel? I am not sure if you've tested that yet.
Old 1st March 2010, 11:06   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Riju, do you have captain seats in the rear or the regular bench seats? How good is the leg room for long distance travel? I am not sure if you've tested that yet.
I think captain seats are available as an option only in VLX & VLX automatic variant. SLE variant would have side facing rear seats in third row.
Old 1st March 2010, 13:09   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I have the regular bench seats Kiran. Apparently with the captain seats the last row hardly has any leg space. If I were to even fold the seats and not use them the luggage space is minimum when compared to the bench seats setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
I think captain seats are available as an option only in VLX & VLX automatic variant. SLE variant would have side facing rear seats in third row.
Nopes mate, SLE also has the front facing seats in the last row as an option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed