Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 19:18   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
. The only grouse I have is the front bumper lips keep coming off and the jokers have no clue how to fix that. Will probably find a solution on my own. Cheers
Get them riveted. I got them done on the 1st service itself. Till now they are staying put
Old 13th January 2010, 20:21   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Get them riveted. I got them done on the 1st service itself. Till now they are staying put

The Jokers at M&M A.S.S put a 1.5" bolt per hole to fix the lips, but they came off within 10 kms. Got the lips removed altogether and have done something better.

Will post pics soon.

Cheers
Old 13th January 2010, 20:40   #138
BHPian

Hey Headers could you post some pics of your tyres as well? Also, I liked the shade of your tints - nice & light, could you tell which one these are > brand & shade specification?
Old 13th January 2010, 20:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Where do you get the rivets, I want to use them for something else.
Old 21st January 2010, 08:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Hey Headers could you post some pics of your tyres as well? Also, I liked the shade of your tints - nice & light, could you tell which one these are > brand & shade specification?

Hey MM, i changed my tyres to Michelin XM1s last week as was feeling bored

The steering effort has reduced drastically. Basically swapped the coopers with my gypsy Michelins. Now to test the gypsy too in an OTR.

W.r.t the shades, it basically the lightest green tint available in garware or similar. I wanted it to be light to ensure visibility at all times. Seems to be a right decision.

Will post pictures soon.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

Where did you get the tints done ? I need to get it replaced for front driver window, using a light shade from garware as well
Old 21st January 2010, 20:27   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Where did you get the tints done ? I need to get it replaced for front driver window, using a light shade from garware as well
I have a hotline to call. You get home service
Old 28th January 2010, 18:52   #143
Senior - BHPian

For M/s Spike Arrestor / Behram Dhabhar:

I have the following queries:

1. Can i have a manually operated 4x4 in the storm?
2. Cost of conversion and who will do it ? Dealer or should i do it myself?
3. Can I have the additional information display unit as in the Xylo on the Storm. Basically my instantaneous FE as well as other details.

[ Spike I know we had a detailed discussion on the above, but thought about sharing it on the forum]

Behram Sir, I would want your input on the above - Somehow I missed meeting you at the Bangalore OTR and hence the queries!

Thanks in advance
Old 28th January 2010, 20:39   #144
BHPian

Quote:
+1 here. I mean it's ridiculous, every week after zooming across 270kms, getting past the last 1km is a struggle .

97BHP, 25.5 Kgm, Common Rail - The Bolero CRDe Storm-dscf4822.jpg97BHP, 25.5 Kgm, Common Rail - The Bolero CRDe Storm-dscf4825.jpg

The only other '4X4' option I can think of is to have a wild elephant from the nearby jungle pull the storm for 'last mile connectivity'.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:02   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For M/s Spike Arrestor / Behram Dhabhar:

I have the following queries:

3. Can I have the additional information display unit as in the Xylo on the Storm. Basically my instantaneous FE as well as other details.

[ Spike I know we had a detailed discussion on the above, but thought about sharing it on the forum]

Behram Sir, I would want your input on the above - Somehow I missed meeting you at the Bangalore OTR and hence the queries!

Thanks in advance

Headers- i had replied to your query at the OTR site (while you were sipping something), as i told earlier it is possible, your storm comes with a NGT530R transmission, a 530R tranny with transfer case has a different adaptor plate specifically made for 530R (530's adaptor plate cannot be used here),also the no. of studs used are more when compared to 530,as you know you will require a cutout for the 4wd lever in the floor panel,you will have to fabricate axle mounting points,also i doubt that the driveshaft of the axle will foul with your coil spring,regarding who should do it only Behram sir can tell this,why do you need an additional info display unit,the ratios of xylo and bolero are different(Xylo uses a V1 tranny and bolero a V4, also axle ratios are different) so u have a problem on which data set to use, as otherwise it will lead to erratic readings.Hope that answers your query,

Spike
Old 1st February 2010, 16:24   #146
BHPian

Got them done in ASC itself. They were kind enough to do it for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Where do you get the rivets, I want to use them for something else.
Old 1st February 2010, 19:11   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Headers- i had replied to your query at the OTR site (while you were sipping something), as i told earlier it is possible, your storm comes with a NGT530R transmission, a 530R tranny with transfer case has a different adaptor plate specifically made for 530R (530's adaptor plate cannot be used here),also the no. of studs used are more when compared to 530,as you know you will require a cutout for the 4wd lever in the floor panel,you will have to fabricate axle mounting points,also i doubt that the driveshaft of the axle will foul with your coil spring,regarding who should do it only Behram sir can tell this,why do you need an additional info display unit,the ratios of xylo and bolero are different(Xylo uses a V1 tranny and bolero a V4, also axle ratios are different) so u have a problem on which data set to use, as otherwise it will lead to erratic readings.Hope that answers your query,

Spike
Not so fast Buddy.

I understood very well what you are trying to say. Forget the additional info unit. I can live without it. Now How about the 4wd conversion. Can you get Behram sir "to guide me in totality" as to where to get it done?

BD Sir, hope you can help me..oops guide me in totality
Old 1st February 2010, 21:39   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Now How about the 4wd conversion...
the coil spings at the front will have to go...torsion bars to replace them...not so easy, me thinks .
Old 7th February 2010, 07:48   #149
Senior - BHPian

Update: 15K third and final FREE service:

The vehicle went to 3rd service with no complaints but ONE: Its been there since I bought the vehicle and the service manager @ MPL thinks its normal.

The Self starter in the VLX takes more than 1 crank to get started whether hot or cold: I guess the VLX is running a geared starter and hence this time delay but I've owned other cars with geared starters that do NOT display this character - Any pointers?

My man SPIKE - where are you?

Routine service done within 2 hours and vehicle returned
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2010, 10:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update: 15K third and final FREE service:

The vehicle went to 3rd service with no complaints but ONE: Its been there since I bought the vehicle and the service manager @ MPL thinks its normal.

The Self starter in the VLX takes more than 1 crank to get started whether hot or cold: I guess the VLX is running a geared starter and hence this time delay but I've owned other cars with geared starters that do NOT display this character - Any pointers?

My man SPIKE - where are you?

Routine service done within 2 hours and vehicle returned
Headers,

If it is cold cranking condition and taking more time then you have a problem at your hands. Assuming that your battery is charged, a little time delay is considered to be normal (normal starting time is within 3 seconds even for cold starting). You are right, IIRC VLX has a geared starter with 2.2 KW rated capacity. I have sent you a PM

Spike
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks