Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 11:03   #151
Senior - BHPian

@HEADERS: I agree with spike here that you might have a potential problem. I suggest that you get the problem escalated as the Workshop people have the habit of brushing off everything as normal. My coolant consumption issue was one such case in point.
Old 7th February 2010, 17:10   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Headers,

If it is cold cranking condition and taking more time then you have a problem at your hands. Assuming that your battery is charged, a little time delay is considered to be normal (normal starting time is within 3 seconds even for cold starting). You are right, IIRC VLX has a geared starter with 2.2 KW rated capacity. I have sent you a PM

Spike
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@HEADERS: I agree with spike here that you might have a potential problem. I suggest that you get the problem escalated as the Workshop people have the habit of brushing off everything as normal. My coolant consumption issue was one such case in point.

Well M&M, where are thou? BD Sir - Hear me?

Spike / MC: yeah whether hot or cold it takes a few seconds to start, but once in a blue moon, it starts immediately.

Ofcourse - I do NOT touch the A-pedal until the vehicle starts and settles into a idle - ANything wrong here?
Old 8th February 2010, 16:45   #153
BHPian

Hey Headers,

I too don't have issues with the starting. Infact two-crank starting is very rare even in my case, considering that I use my Bolero only during the weekends and it's lying in the basement Mon-Thu. I've seen mine start with a single crank even on some real cold and misty mornings down in the estate and have been pleasantly surprised!
Old 20th February 2010, 16:54   #154
Senior - BHPian

Yup, my starter packed up last week and M&M and I are fighting

BTW, Just added ICE to the Storm - A Kenwood HU, A Kenwood 10 CD Changewr, with a Kenwood Amp and 12" Kenwood sub with 4 6x9 [2 kenwood and 2 JBL] speakers in place of the stock system.

I just needed it to pep myself
Old 20th February 2010, 16:58   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Yup, my starter packed up last week and M&M and I are fighting

BTW, Just added ICE to the Storm - A Kenwood HU, A Kenwood 10 CD Changewr, with a Kenwood Amp and 12" Kenwood sub with 4 6x9 [2 kenwood and 2 JBL] speakers in place of the stock system.

I just needed it to pep myself
Did you have to change the seating recesses for the speaker or were they a direct fit?

IIRC the stock is 4" in the front and 6" at the rear.
Old 20th February 2010, 17:06   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Did you have to change the seating recesses for the speaker or were they a direct fit?

IIRC the stock is 4" in the front and 6" at the rear.
Hey MC, they are custom built and custom fit. The front 6x9 fits on the front doors and the rear ones on the 5th door on MDF panels..
Old 20th February 2010, 17:12   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey MC, they are custom built and custom fit. The front 6x9 fits on the front doors and the rear ones on the 5th door on MDF panels..
Ok. My front speakers have gone kaput so getting them replaced under warranty so was toying with the idea whether I could upgrade to 6" on the front if space permits
Old 20th February 2010, 20:55   #158
Senior - BHPian

Space is not a constraint, but your door pockets become smaller
Old 25th March 2010, 22:30   #159
BHPian

Quote:
The Jokers at M&M A.S.S put a 1.5" bolt per hole to fix the lips, but they came off within 10 kms. Got the lips removed altogether and have done something better. Will post pics soon.Cheers
Quote:
Hey MM, i changed my tyres to Michelin XM1s last week as was feeling bored . The steering effort has reduced drastically. Basically swapped the coopers with my gypsy Michelins. Now to test the gypsy too in an OTR.... Will post pictures soon.
Well headers, you had a few pics due from quite some time. I thought I'd never see the pics until I stumbled upon a pic of your storm on the JT-5A thread. Aha! Finally! The pic covers both the points of yours quoted above. But... what exactly is it that you've done with those bumper lips apart from the black paint?

97BHP, 25.5 Kgm, Common Rail - The Bolero CRDe Storm-headers.jpg
Old 26th March 2010, 07:25   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Well headers, you had a few pics due from quite some time. I thought I'd never see the pics until I stumbled upon a pic of your storm on the JT-5A thread. Aha! Finally! The pic covers both the points of yours quoted above. But... what exactly is it that you've done with those bumper lips apart from the black paint?
I'm sorry MM, got carried away in other things.

1. Well, I've removed those bits of pieces that become loose every 100kms or so and stickered the area to cover the holes in the bumper.

2. Guess you have see my tires now
Old 9th April 2010, 07:32   #161
Senior - BHPian

So finally the storm lost its virgin hubcaps last week.

Due to excessive stunts that the vehicle was subject too, I also had some minor issue with the TOE-IN of the vehicle.

Now I understand why IFS is just not reliable for a little bit of OFFROAD activities.

In the same line, I should mention that the engine has AMAZING TORQUE, just amazing that it climbs over 1 ft pavements / sidewalk with ease.
Old 9th April 2010, 11:24   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the same line, I should mention that the engine has AMAZING TORQUE, just amazing that it climbs over 1 ft pavements / sidewalk with ease.
Where did you try that in the city?!!
Old 9th April 2010, 14:43   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Where did you try that in the city?!!
Site 1: Hotel Park Sheraton near the bus stop [opp boat club road]

Site 2: R K Salai, near the BP petrol bunk before the left turn onto J J Road.

BTW: You wanna try your GETZ anywhere? Shall I Volunteer
Old 13th April 2010, 01:08   #164
Senior - BHPian

Whoa!! You have a noble heart to volunteer for the risk of driving a car under nerve-"wrecking" conditions

They Getz has developed rear shox problems even without me trying these stunts, or caving in to popular demands of seeing it kick some fenders with 110 turbocharged galloping horses... :(
Old 25th May 2010, 19:04   #165
Senior - BHPian

OK guys, BReaking news:

I bid farewell to my Storm this afternoon. He was with me for 8.5 months and I had completed 22169 kms.

The vehicle was well behaved under standard conditions and what impressed me time and time again was the NEF 2.5 CRDe engine with its amazing torque and power.

What did disappoint me ? Well a lot of things, but lets not talk about it now!

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed