Team-BHP - VW Jetta - Test Drives & Initial Ownership Report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   VW Jetta - Test Drives & Initial Ownership Report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64331-vw-jetta-test-drives-initial-ownership-report.html)

Hi All,

I am sorry I am posting too late, I was so enthusiastic to become bhpian to write my test drive experience but now I got my car and wants to share the experience to owning it.

I have gone through a lot of confusion before finalizing my car. I read lots of review on almost all the available cars in "C" segment. After going through lot of review I was confuse to choose to any one.

I took test drive of Fiesta, NHC, Aveo and Magnam and Linea. I was suppose to finalize Honda City and then I thought to have a look at “Volks Wagen Jetta”. I fall in love and booked the Jetta and last Friday that is 21st Aug 09 I got it.

Congratz! Do share a more detailed report of the buying and ownership experience and pictures also.

Welcome to teambhp friend. Congrats for the purchase. Which variant you purchased? petrol or diesel? Post some pics of your car please. How was the buying experience? Waiting for the initial reports.

Have fun, drive safe.

Congrats. I love the VW Jetta too. Jetta Petrol or Diesel ?. Do tell us what made you make that big leap from C-segment and choose Jetta a C+/D segment car.

Congrats !!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by irphan007 (Post 1453267)
Test Drives & Initial Ownership Report

Title of this thread is quite unique agree:

Thanks everyone!!

I started looking for new car in mid of Jun and read reviews from Ritz to Punto. I was driving Alto for last 5 years and completed around 73000 km so I feel I have to go for a new car now. I thought to go for Ritz from Maruti but my wife doesn’t like to go for hatchback car and wants a sedan.

First test drive was Ford fiesta 1.6 sxi, I like the car and they were giving very good discount to Wipro employees but after looking New Honda City, my wife likes it and I was feeling it is unnecessary costly (10 lac, without alloy wheel and leather seats). So I think better to go for Magnum 2.0 diesel top end model, it was costing around 10.5 lacs on road in Bangalore.

I went to Tata motors for Linea TD and sales person told me to send the vehicle on next day to my office and he didn’t respond me 4-5 days then I wrote to Mr kapoor, CEO Fiat and then they send the car for TD. I like the features but the interior quality and the performance was my concern. I don’t feel comfortable with clutch and gear. Fiat person said its test drive car; in new one it will be very smooth.

In All this process July was gone and I was still in dilemma. While returning from Chevrolet showroom on hosur road, I asked my wife to check the Jetta in VW showroom on hosur road, Bangalore.

I like the car but it was not in my budget so I told the sales guy and he asked me, Sir what is your budget. I said 10-11lac, then he said we have Jetta 1.6 Petrol, which is used by our general manager (8800km run), and these dealers use temporary registration, so I will be the first owner. I asked about the price and he said it will be 2.5 to max 3 lac less.

Jetta 1.6 petrol on road price in Bangalore is around 15.5 lacs so he asked about 12.5 lacs, I said will let you know. After 2-3 days I send a message with my offer price 10 lac and he replied that his management expects 12.5 lacs. I like to own a German car and I prefer it over the new City or Magnum, after some discussion I convince him like it’s a test drive car and I can’t go more then 11.5 lacs. He takes some time and gets the go ahead from his bosses.

He promise to give the car in showroom condition after the servicing and complete check up and I was happy to own a Jetta. I believe for a German car 8-9k km is nothing.

I took the car delivery on Friday evening 21 Aug 09, I was happy to own my dream car but feeling very bad to leave my Alto to the same sales person in VW. It was our first car and after giving it we feel, how much our family was attached to it.

I started from VW showroom and stuck in hosur road traffic for sometime and I think it was the first time I didn’t frustrate in traffic. I took the u turn from bomanhalli and get my Car’s tummy full on Shell petrol bunk. It was evening and some raining starts, I use the wiper and it stuck in the ribbon and make some sound, I thought it will make its way and it was raining so I didn’t remove the ribbon. When third time I use the wiper it make some sound and right hand side one broke away, next day I get it fixed and it cost 1400 for single blade. It’s almost a week now and I am enjoying the Jetta ride.

Whoa!!! Now thats an upgrade. Congrats on the Jetta !! Havent seen too many petrol Jetta's on this forum. Kindly attach some interior pics and a detailed review. Cheers:thumbs up

wow congrats dude - the jetta is beautiful and oozes quality.

quite a leap from a alto to considering a ritz to a jetta!

cheers

Well done - you paid the right price for that car

Congrats and i experienced Jetta when i was in US few years ago.
it is a well built car.

Is this car having MT or AT?

-MUKE

Congrats Irfan on the Jetta. What an upgrade you did, alto to Jettaclap:

Have always been a fan of the Golf, but the old Jetta never used to look as good as this one. Enjoy your ride and do post your detailed highway driving experience

Congrats! The car looks real classy. I don't think I have ever seen a petrol Jetta on the road. Are you eligible for full warranty from the date of your purchase?

Congrats Irphan. fantastic car and a very good deal that you got youself

Now this is what I call a fair deal. I like the honesty of the dealer, who could have sold it as a brand new car. 8800 KM are nothing on this german lady. Take care of her.

CONGRATS!! Good deal and BTW whats the general FE on this car?