Team-BHP - Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64351-intial-ownership-report-mhawk-2-2-vlx-mistic-purple.html)

I got my mHawk delivered on 19th. Got it through CAI Industries Coimbatore. On road Rs. 10,29,890/-. I got the RTO reg number the next day.

I was bit nervous for the first days, since I was driving only hatches and a Sedan for the last 10 years. This one is a big monster, took me two days to get the full feel and better control.

Since I used to driven only petrol vehicles, my experience with this SUV is bit different.

1. Drive: Overall driving experience is great, I feel like I am sitting in an Elephant or Camel, getting a better visibility on the road is something very important for a safe drive. I get this from this guy and I am proud that I have the pleasure now.

2. Steering: Much more better than my previous Sedan. But its bulky and I have many 90 deg turns within my apartment, and driving over such edges need better control with the steering, which is missing a bit, due to the bulky steering.

3. Horn : Not the best. My previous Aveo had an awkward horn position, I feel only a slight improvement with Scorpio horn positions. I can use both hands anyhow. The problem comes when during the curves, when you steer it more. Reaching the horn with your finger would be very difficult. I was wondering how great the old Mark II and III had its position for the Horns.

4. Engine: I am surprised that I do not feel the traditional diesel engine characters except at Engine Start, Stop and at the Gear knob. :-) M&M has done a wonderful job both inside and outside.

5. Gear shifts: Not the best, especially between 2 to 3, 3 to 2 and 2 to 1. 2 to 1 is sometimes irritating. Rest is fine.

6. Clutch: Initially bit hard for a Petrol Engine driver, Now getting better.

7. Brakes: Not good, But not too bad too. Need to check this next week at the Service people.

8. Interiors - I like the interiors which comes for this price. With an Art leather cover, I believe i can make it more interesting.

9. Seats - Comfortable for the driver, not sure about the rear seats. Kids said its not bumpy. Wife and friends said middle row is not bad. I bought a side facing rear seats 7 seater. This should help me to get huge boot space.

10. FE: Not sure about this. Got 10 liters of fuel free, I added 40 liters the next day, and the tank got full. Now completed 303 KMs and the meter reading shows less than half. I drove 100% within the city, had a chance to reach 5th gear only twice that too, less than 2 mins.

11. Exteriors: This is the best looking SUV to me ( I like this more than Tuscon, Endevour, Montero and Pajero) - But the panel gaps shows M&M's quality. If you see one picture, you will understand that how mud is entering into the foot steps etc. But I am sure its greatly improved. It looks like a Italian designed SUV.

12. Overall performance: Only Within the City, with the limited driving speeds and traffic, I feel the engine does an amazing job. Acceleration is great!

I will come back with my long drive reports soon. Now few pictures, Just to see, Sorry if they are not interesting.

Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-ms1.jpg
Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-ms2.jpg
Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-ms3.jpg
Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-ms4.jpg
Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-ms5.jpg
Intial ownership report - mHawk 2.2 Vlx Mistic Purple-ms6.jpg

Congrats Benny on the M-Hawk.

i personally liked the all black look. enjoy the beast and set the roads on fire :)

congrats benny. its a great machine. planning for any upgrades/accessories?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1453665)
Congrats Benny on the M-Hawk.

i personally liked the all black look. enjoy the beast and set the roads on fire :)

its not black buddy. its mystic purple.

Congratulations buddy, Post some interior pics.

Did you get Skid plates with the vehicle ( for protecting the door sils) ? If not do get them they are really useful

Just one point as your cladding is silver/grey all chrome bumper guards will look better then black and chrome IMHO.

One good think about Mahindra is that they change the color / shade offering every 1-2 year but I do not understand the logic behind naming colors mystic purple is actually black , Rocky beige is greenish Grey and so on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 1453905)
One good think about Mahindra is that they change the color / shade offering every 1-2 year but I do not understand the logic behind naming colors mystic purple is actually black , Rocky beige is greenish Grey and so on.

have you seen this colour on any scorpio on the road?

its very very different from black. its because of the poor lighting in the pics that it looks black.

have a look here to see the actual color-
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

else, look here, its benny's scorpio in better lighting-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-suv-109.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1454150)
have you seen this colour on any scorpio on the road?

its very very different from black. its because of the poor lighting in the pics that it looks black.

have a look here to see the actual color-
:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

Thanks for correction , LOL I was going by just how beige the rocky beige is but never saw this color on the road in Scorpio .
Albeit saw couple of Xylo in similar shade ( or Xylo purple is different ? )

Any way full marks to M&M for updating color range every 2 years.

Congratulations benny, welcome to the club :D. I cant stop grinning, looks like its raining SUV's here on the forum. Drive Safe

Quote:

5. Gear shifts: Not the best, especially between 2 to 3, 3 to 2 and 2 to 1. 2 to 1 is sometimes irritating. Rest is fine.
Just for the first few 100kms and then it gets easier.

Quote:

7. Brakes: Not good, But not too bad too. Need to check this next week at
the Service people.
Get it checked, I find the brakes to be adequate and excellent. ABS is a blessing in disguise.

Quote:

9. Seats - Comfortable for the driver, not sure about the rear seats. Kids said its not bumpy. Wife and friends said middle row is not bad. I bought a side facing rear seats 7 seater. This should help me to get huge boot space
Good you stuck to the 7 seater option. I checked the 8 seater extensively and found that once you have the last row front facing, it gets cramped.

Quote:

11. Exteriors: This is the best looking SUV to me ( I like this more than Tuscon, Endevour, Montero and Pajero)
LOLzz whatta comparision mate dude. In the sub 12 lakhs category guess Mahindra has done a good job.

Quote:

12. Overall performance: Only Within the City, with the limited driving speeds and traffic, I feel the engine does an amazing job. Acceleration is great!
Agreed city driving is a hoot and the torque is addictive from abt 2k rpm or so. Ideally the turbo lag is very evident .

welcome to Scorpio Country dude!
all the best and drive peacefully - anyway everyone else will typically leap out of the way when they see you coming!
cheers!

Congrats,

Car looks very aggressive.
Purple is really cute and well gel with the Silver claddings.
Due to the lighting,The car looks very dark in the photos attached.
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congrats Benny on your new macho guy, it certainly looks great, how about some interiors as well? Is the VLX the top vaiant of Scorpio with lots of goodies?

I am late, Sorry! Thanking you all of you. I will keep this thread live, and I also have a driving report and an accessory report which I will do it within this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raj_5004 (Post 1453855)
congrats benny. its a great machine. planning for any upgrades/accessories?

its not black buddy. its mystic purple.

I have added the following so far.

1. Sun control film - 3M - cost around 3k. I made a mistake by fixing a darker one and feel bad at the nights, especially when I need to turn at the signals. Can not see pedestrians running nearby, But disgusting.
I am planning to remove it this weekend with a lighter one. I thought I can keep Laptops and other valuables with little more privacy and safe, But I feel I made a mistake. Any strong recommendations on brand?
I feel the air conditioning is excellent with this sun control, so I afraid I may loose this if I change.

2. GSport Dual tone sat covers - I got Ivory and Pink (that matches with the car) will post some pics. Cost - Rs.12000 for the 7 seater

3. Added a Window visor, it looks fine to me. I will again post pics for you to comment on it. Cost Rs.2050

4. Fully Covered Floor mats - Rs. 1200

5. Ordered Ajanta Cosmic front guard - yet to receive it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitk26 (Post 1453905)
Congratulations buddy, Post some interior pics.

Did you get Skid plates with the vehicle ( for protecting the door sils) ? If not do get them they are really useful

Just one point as your cladding is silver/grey all chrome bumper guards will look better then black and chrome IMHO.

I will post some interior pics, I hope with the seat covers, It looks better. :-)

Mystic "beyond ordinary understanding" (ref: wordweb), so you are correct. The names and frequent color changes are beyond ordinary understanding.

For the Bumper Guard - I have added one which comes with the body color in the center fiber area (purple)and cladding color for the rest of the portions. Will keep you updated when I fit that.

Hey Benny the Scorpio really looks good in this colour. How much have you clocked on her so far? It would be nice if you could explain the working of the micro hybrid option that your car has come with.

Keep munching up the kms.

Benny, congratulations on your scorpio, seems raining of SUV's here.Scorpio within 12L budget looks awesome without doubt and new MHawk engine is surely a gem to drive.More pictures awaited.Enjoy your ride.

Beautiful Machine AG. Great choice of colour! Congratulations.
BTW, gear shift and clutch will smoothen out in 4-5k kms. Mine has already become very smooth in 4000 km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1523332)
Hey Benny the Scorpio really looks good in this colour. How much have you clocked on her so far? It would be nice if you could explain the working of the micro hybrid option that your car has come with.

Keep munching up the kms.

A micro-hybrid is actually an Engine start stop system works with the battery and the starter-motor. The car’s engine control unit shuts off the engine when the car slows down or comes to a stop (when the gear is in neutral for 2 seconds). As soon as you press the clutch to change the gear, the battery helps the starter motor which quickly starts on the engine. Stopping the engine while vehicle is at idle conserves fuel, but there are disadvantages to this type of system in Scorpio are, you can feel the Engine jerks when starts and stops. Another disadvantage is the AC stops working and you get only the fan blowing, which might not be good under the hot sun while you stop at a signal.

Mahindra calls it as Micro-Hybrid, (Note: Not Semi-Hybrid or Hybrid), and I do not think it is mis-leading, since Hybrid technology and Fuel Saving are Hot cakes, and every car manufacturer is thinking about it. Micro-Hybrid (or by any name) is a good initiative.

Hydridcars.com says "Europe sees micro-hybrids as a key strategy for reaching stricter emission standards. Industry analysts forecast that micro-hybrids will exceed all other forms of gas-electric technology. More than 1 million vehicles could use micro-hybrid technology in 2010. Strategy Analytics Automotive Electronics Service forecasts that global sales of stop-start micro-hybrid systems will reach nearly 20 million units a year by 2015. Auto supplier Bosch has sold more than a half-million stop-start systems to BMW, which offers the system as standard equipment in its 1-series vehicles. Supplier Valeo—which estimates that in cities, cars spend up to one-third of their time idling at a standstill—announced last year that it agreed to supply 1 million systems to PSA Peugeot-Citroën by 201"

Micro hybrids will be useful in the cities which is not HOT or , and at signals which has lengthy duration or lots of traffic when you have to stop many times. You can save fuel, no doubt. But I am not sure if this will be useful in a city like Coimbatore, where the traffic signals are unorganized, and you require AC all the time.

Here is another thread - should explain in detail. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...o-hybrids.html

I have clocked 3500 now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijaythacker (Post 1523345)
Benny, congratulations on your scorpio, seems raining of SUV's here.Scorpio within 12L budget looks awesome without doubt and new MHawk engine is surely a gem to drive.More pictures awaited.Enjoy your ride.

It comes only 10.35L. I am sure this is the best VFM SUV in India. I have posted few pics here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post1521591

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopoe (Post 1523350)
Beautiful Machine AG. Great choice of colour! Congratulations.
BTW, gear shift and clutch will smoothen out in 4-5k kms. Mine has already become very smooth in 4000 km.

I hardly find any Purple one on the road. :)

I believe the clutch is better now, But still I beleive I need to press more - 1CM down, otherwise sometimes the gear shift from 2nd to 1st becomes vary hard.
I just reached 3500 Kms.