Team-BHP - Ritz Vdi (ABS) gone bust in 7 days. EDIT : Solved. PICS on pg. 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Ritz Vdi (ABS) gone bust in 7 days. EDIT : Solved. PICS on pg. 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64357-ritz-vdi-abs-gone-bust-7-days-edit-solved-pics-pg-3-a-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by subbusos (Post 1453924)
OT: You may have had bitter experience with them, but its totally unnecessary to comment here in this thread.

No need to jump on the gun. Architect is a Fiat Palio owner himself so no bad intentions here. Its was just pun intended:D
ECM is a part which almost no serv centre stocks, i read a thread here where even a Santro guy had to wait for some days, for fiat parts come from Pune which takes around a max of 1 week that too after launch of Linea and Punto.

Seems Maruti has spare warehouse in delhi itself so its taking less time, also ECM is damn expensive who would want to stock such a part which is needed once in some 500 cases.

ECU going bust in early life cycle is quite rare but since it is packed with electronic components an early burn out of some weak part is very much possible. That is the reason ECU's are rarely stocked with MASS or dealers , mind you it is damn expensive.

To reduce the chances of early failure the batches of electronic components are subjected to Burn-in, it is the process by which components of a system are exercised prior to being placed in service.

The intention is to detect those particular components that would fail as a result of the initial, high-failure rate portion of the bathtub curve of component reliability. If the burn-in period is made sufficiently long (and, perhaps, artificially stressful), the system can then be trusted to be mostly free of further early failures once the burn-in process is complete.

Such practical steps are taken to increase the reliability of electronics components but no test can guarantee a 100% result. Even NASA with all its might cannot achieve it. Closest practical is around 6 Sigma which is around 3.4 parts per million.

By the way I had a Intel Pentium IV Processor failure (Not due to fan failure) some 4 years back which was promptly replaced by the dealer as it was under 3 years warranty. So remember Mighty Intel product also fails.

So lets accepts that fact that parts are subjected to early life failure and it is up to the manufactures how well they handle the situation.

Please let us know in detail how was Maruti's response in handling your problem. Also lodge a formal complaint to Maruti if the dealer is acting too smart in resolving your issues.

Hope your issue is resolves smoothly. Please update the thread

Nasty! I wouldn't expect this of a Maruti dealer nor of a new hatch like the Ritz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by studdocs (Post 1453681)
(Promised me silver colour in 20 days. Had to settle for White after 1 month as now he said silver is another 1 month away.

Quote:

Promised me 4yrs warranty is included in the price. Mentioned only 3 yrs in extended warranty book.
Quote:

Had to follow him like a dog the next day to get cars papers for regd, bill etc. Jst disappeared once the sale was done).
Rogue dealer. I hope you have lodged a complaint about this particular salesman too.

Quote:

The digital meter which they connected tells that Injector No. 3 is not working and to check its wiring.
:Shockked:

Quote:

It was then that i called up Maruti on 18001800180 and asked them to get my repair expidited as the vehicle has still not even done 500kms and is jst 7 days old. The guy on Maruti helpline was very courteous and heeded to my problem very carefully and promised me to forward to his concerned department on priority.
Quote:

In the evening received a call from them that senior engineers from maruti had come and examined the vehicle and have recommended a change of ECM and wiring harness and the components will be here by tomorrow. please:
Smart move. Sorry to hear about your issues and hope its solved to your satisfaction at the earliest. Do keep us updated.

Wow. I hope you get your issue sorted out quickly. Did any one from Maruti contact you?

Just called up the workshop. They informed that parts from maruti have arrived but will be changed after a team of senior engineers from Maruti, Gurgaon arrives around 2:00pm as they want to study in detail why the problem with ECM and wiring has happened in the 1st place. The dealer has been asked to hold off till then.

Will probably goto the workshop around then to see whats going on and will update you guys further!

Thanks for all your concern. I will take up the bad purchase experience with maruti later on. But for now i feel the Guys at Maruti, Gurgaon are acting quite pro actively. Lets see what happens by the end of the day!

@Studdocs, that is a particularly painful experience. It can happen though, and the good thing is that the issue has been acknowledged and is being promptly handled by Maruti. Am sure your car will be back to its best soon.

Quote:

P.P.S. If it were a Punto or even a Palio, I wonder how long the owner would have to wait for ECM and wiring harness:D?
Hehe....architect, we only expect the best from TASS. Besides, there is *never* a problem with a Fiat. "Saar, it is like this only.....":D

Don't flame me, I own a Palio myself (1.6, and not the MJD like architect), and we are just too full of the A.S.S humorous stories to resist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palio_2005 (Post 1454141)
Wow. I hope you get your issue sorted out quickly. Did any one from Maruti contact you?

Not exactly, though it seems they working with the workshop guys for sure!

Going to the workshop when the Maruti engineers are there would be a very smart thing to do, IMO. Please check if you can manage that.

Hi guyz ...

I couldn't make it to Rana Motors Workshop when the maruti team was there but was confirmed by the workshop at 6:30pm that the team has rectified the problem. The problem was in the ECM which has now been replaced. The team had 1st checked the wiring harness which was found to be ok and the ECM was found to be the culprit. At 6:30pm they said they are awaiting a code for the new ECM from the factory.

Then at 7:30pm it was confirmed that the vehicle is now fully rectified and is working properly. The injector is working fine and the missing problem is also gone. The workshop manager requested me to bring the duplicate key of the vehicle for re-calibration with the new ECM and take the vehicle delivery. clap:

However since it was already 7:30pm and reaching the workshop would have meant another 1hour, i decided to take the delivery tomorrow and also get the 2nd key calibrated with the new ECM.

Will update further when i take the delivery of the rectified vehicle tomorrow.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by studdocs (Post 1455384)
Hi guyz ...

I couldn't make it to Rana Motors Workshop when the maruti team was there but was confirmed by the workshop at 6:30pm that the team has rectified the problem. The problem was in the ECM which has now been replaced. The team had 1st checked the wiring harness which was found to be ok and the ECM was found to be the culprit. At 6:30pm they said they are awaiting a code for the new ECM from the factory.

Then at 7:30pm it was confirmed that the vehicle is now fully rectified and is working properly. The injector is working fine and the missing problem is also gone. The workshop manager requested me to bring the duplicate key of the vehicle for re-calibration with the new ECM and take the vehicle delivery. clap:

However since it was already 7:30pm and reaching the workshop would have meant another 1hour, i decided to take the delivery tomorrow and also get the 2nd key calibrated with the new ECM.

Will update further when i take the delivery of the rectified vehicle tomorrow.:)

good to know that your problems have been solved.
Do take long drive along with the service engg before you drive away.
hope that you do not face any more issues hence forth.:thumbs up

Although it is regrettable the problem occured in the first place, one must commend the speed and professionalism it was dealt with.

Wish you trouble free miles ahead :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantyrocks (Post 1455557)
good to know that your problems have been solved.
Do take long drive along with the service engg before you drive away.
hope that you do not face any more issues hence forth.:thumbs up

Thanks for your wishes buddy! Look forward to a trouble free experience from now on! I'll keep ur suggestion of a long TD in mind when i take the vehicle tmrw.

Good to know that the problem is now solved. When you go tomorrow to take delivery ask what went wrong with the first ECM.

I hope Skoda is reading this. Just compare this thread to the one we have about the new Superb dying on the road while being driven. In both cases, the customers were frustrated and angry (and rightly so) but look at the owner's expereince here as compared to the Skoda owner.

Great!! I am impressed with the customer service from Maruti. Get to know from them exactly what went wrong with the ECM.

Shame on maruti for such a vehicle having passed the QC. No one can ever expect a brand new car to fail and that too such a major failure!
@Sawyer - things do fail, but how many posts on Team-BHP have you seen where a brand new car has failed. IMO it is a BIG DEAL.