Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2009, 07:56   #151
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
I compared the e-brochure with the brochure available with me and Yes e-brochure does mention Vanity mirror and Ticket holder in the features list,which isnt there in my brochure but it also comes with a disclaimer at the bottom [check attached pic], while Body Coloured radiator grill is present even in the brochure available with me

Other noteable things present in the e-brochure and not in the regular brochure are 1) DTE(Distance to Empty) Signal 2)Illuminated Glove Box

Link ->Hyundai I20 e-brochure
The brochure which i got it from my dealer (B&W) mentioning all the features projected and all marked as Standard features. There is NO *mark on any of the features, also brochure is for Indian i20. Look at the address mentioned and as per my knowledge magna, asta models are only sells in India.
Old 17th December 2009, 13:11   #152
BHPian

Awesome wildon, thats some great R&D job on the hidden features of i20. Hope there are many more hidden features which might be of great use and maybe as flyingspur said a Transformers Kit too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The brochure which i got it from my dealer (B&W) mentioning all the features projected and all marked as Standard features. There is NO *mark on any of the features, also brochure is for Indian i20. Look at the address mentioned and as per my knowledge magna, asta models are only sells in India.
I guess now they have changed the brochure and it might have been the case that, initially they would have been using the same brochure in both India and UK and later on changed it. Anyways You can certainly try and push the Hyundai guys to include these on your Asta and the rest of us will follow You
Old 17th December 2009, 14:08   #153
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
The other thing is when you unlock the door manually or remote , switches off the engine and remove the key, just wait for 20-30 seconds the doors again automatically locks.

I'm loving it.
Wildon :- This does not happen in my car, though the 40kph auto locking works. Should this feature also be activated by the service engineers?
Old 17th December 2009, 14:49   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
wildon The other thing is when you unlock the door manually or remote , switches off the engine and remove the key, just wait for 20-30 seconds the doors again automatically locks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Wildon :- This does not happen in my car, though the 40kph auto locking works. Should this feature also be activated by the service engineers?
Happens in mine. And it's a very thoughtful feature.
Old 17th December 2009, 21:27   #155
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I don't think there is separate activation needed for this. As what i saw from that G-Scan equipment screen is a single selection and save.. viola all worked well.

Try one thing.. start the engine, move the car little bit, switch off the engine, remove the key, get off from the car, close the door and wait for some time around 30-50 sec to see whether its auto locks. If not you need to recheck with the service center.
Old 18th December 2009, 09:29   #156
BHPian

Another query

what happens if you switch off the engine, remove the key, manual unlock the doors move out of the car and accidentally forget the keys inside the car.

will the car lock itself automatically or it remains in the unlocked state?

Quote:
I don't think there is separate activation needed for this. As what i saw from that G-Scan equipment screen is a single selection and save.. viola all worked well.

Try one thing.. start the engine, move the car little bit, switch off the engine, remove the key, get off from the car, close the door and wait for some time around 30-50 sec to see whether its auto locks. If not you need to recheck with the service center.
Old 18th December 2009, 19:47   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
what happens if you switch off the engine, remove the key, manual unlock the doors move out of the car and accidentally forget the keys inside the car.

The car would get locked automatically even with the key in . Although I have observed that if the windows are open, the car does not lock. With everything shut tight, it locks.

It happened the other day, I was talking to a friend and I pressed unlock but did not get in and Voila, the doors got locked automatically.
Old 18th December 2009, 20:33   #158
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post

The doors will automatically locked if the Key is not in the ignition hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
The car would get locked automatically even with the key in . Although I have observed that if the windows are open, the car does not lock. With everything shut tight, it locks.

It happened the other day, I was talking to a friend and I pressed unlock but did not get in and Voila, the doors got locked automatically.

For me doors didn't got automatically locked when i left the keys in the ignition hole and all doors/windows closed. Thats what "Ignition key reminder- CLS (Central Locking System) disabled" feature.
Old 25th December 2009, 08:55   #159
BANNED

Philips X-treamPower

Upgraded my i20's headlamps to Philips X-treamPower H4 12V 60/55W.
Definitely its throwing more light on road. On the cover and in the bulb its printed as Made in Germany.
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc04809-medium.jpg
Bought it from A.K Traders - J C Road. Cost Rs.800 which includes VAT.
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc04810-medium.jpg

What you see in the packet is the OLD Bulbs which taken out from my i20 and its a PHILIPS too

Today testing it on the highway as we are heading for a long vacation. will update you the results after that.
Old 25th December 2009, 10:05   #160
BHPian

Nice.!
Can you post a comparison pic showing the default bulbs and the upgraded ones illumination in high and low beams ?
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess you didn't need a relay as the default bulbs are 60/55 too.
Old 25th December 2009, 11:05   #161
BANNED

^^^ Well i have taken a short video before the change in bulb, but light pointing towards the bushes near by, will take a video with new bulbs at the same spot when i come back after the vacation.

Last edited by wildon : 25th December 2009 at 11:09.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:06   #162
BANNED

Completed 6000 K.m so far. Doing good without any issues. The car became smoother.

I have a question for you guys. Imagine manufacturer replacing some of your car parts under warranty which is free of cost, but doing silently with the help of dealers.

What if i'm not gone for that replacement, and still the dealer claimed that parts from the manufacturer and taken against my VIN number !!!

Has anyone faced this situation ?
Old 14th January 2010, 17:46   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Completed 6000 K.m so far. Doing good without any issues. The car became smoother.

I have a question for you guys. Imagine manufacturer replacing some of your car parts under warranty which is free of cost, but doing silently with the help of dealers.

What if i'm not gone for that replacement, and still the dealer claimed that parts from the manufacturer and taken against my VIN number !!!

No, but I hope I don't. I wouldn't like stuff done to my car without prior intimation or my approval. Meanwhile, I'm having trouble trying to expain to the Hyundai Customer Care that the stock horn is bloody useless and I need a dual horn fitment without warranty being voided !!
Old 14th January 2010, 20:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:

can this be done,without owners knowledge?

Quote:
^^^ Well i have taken a short video before the change in bulb, but light pointing towards the bushes near by, will take a video with new bulbs at the same spot when i come back after the vacation.
Do the Philips X-Treme Bulbs give out the normal yellowish light common on the roads or the White light? Anyways,waiting for the video comparison of the two bulbs

Also what is the current status of DIY Alarm and Horn fitment?
Old 15th January 2010, 09:47   #165
BANNED

Quote:
can this be done,without owners knowledge?
It can be

Quote:
Do the Philips X-Treme Bulbs give out the normal yellowish light common on the roads or the White light? Anyways,waiting for the video comparison of the two bulbs
Its not white and its yellowish only. will update the video soon

Quote:
Also what is the current status of DIY Alarm and Horn fitment?
Got stuck in 4 wire color codes which is not matching with the provided diagram, i mailed the manufacturer for the help, hope i ll be getting a reply from them soon.

Most Viewed