Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 09:45   #166
BANNED

Yesterday my 1.7 year old daughter surprised me by displaying some text message in the Trip meter screen while playing with the HU Unit Control buttons. Since i was driving i was not able to look at what button combinations she pressed to display that text.

I slowly parked my car and allowed her to continue and surprisingly she was able to display that once again with some other text which displayed GUI, firmware, Region etc..

some kind of message came looking for firmware disk... writing/read fail etc.. etc and the display went off. I switched ON the HU and went to the set up and found some other settings menus are added to the list . Like News and other frequencies.

When i searched for channels it displayed RDS search !

I have experimented with some button combination and was able to display the text which my daughter displayed at the first time. I think its related to the Software Version of the HU.

The text displayed was VER M08 S71 D29.

Here are the button combination for displaying this text ( Press one by one but immediately)
1. Press and Hold 2RDM, 3INFO, 6, 1FF
2. Press and Hold 2RDM, 6, 1FF
3. Press and Hold 3INFO, 6, 1FF
4. Press and Hold 1FF,6

But i was not able to display the second text which my daughter was able to display it, IMMIC it was like VER M58 S71 D29

little googling found that this is actually the software version and if you have a version VER M08 S69 D18 then your HU have some issues like

1. HU automatically switches OFF while running
2. HU fuse pops up when you press Eject button while ignition is at OFF position.

Last edited by wildon : 18th January 2010 at 09:49.
Old 18th January 2010, 10:19   #167
Senior - BHPian

^ Wow! amazing info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon
some kind of message came looking for firmware disk... writing/read fail etc.. etc
Hmmm... that means there might be a possibility of upgrading the firmware of the HU somehow!

Thanks man! will try it out on my i20's HU!
Old 18th January 2010, 17:17   #168
BHPian

wow,that is some really interesting information unearthed Thanks to your Daughter

Hope that more such hidden features(if any more are left) are unveiled in the near future,which will be useful for all the UberTroopers
Old 25th January 2010, 14:40   #169

Hi

My stereo on the i20 asta stops working whenever the power button is pressed with the engine switched off.

I need to open the fuse box , remove the relevant fuse and put it back again, has this happened to any of you?

Is there any way in which this can be avoided
Old 25th January 2010, 18:01   #170
BANNED

Just read my last post about checking HU software version and if you found the software is old version then contact your dealer and they will replace it with new HU.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:57   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Just read my last post about checking HU software version and if you found the software is old version then contact your dealer and they will replace it with new HU.
They'll change the entire HU? Anyway my rear speakers have been weak since day one, the rear passengers wonder if there are any speakers at the back. Anyone else faced this problem? I'm going to report this when I send the car in this week.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:05   #172
BANNED

Yes they will change the HU if the software version found old, because of that old SW version only the HU stop working all of a sudden in older i20 models . This is 100% confirmed from reliable sources.

Flyingspur - Please check the setting of your HU may be someone changed it , check the Fader,balance and other things are OK.

Last edited by wildon : 25th January 2010 at 19:10.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:38   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Flyingspur - Please check the setting of your HU may be someone changed it , check the Fader,balance and other things are OK.
Obviously I checked all that Everything's fine there. The speakers need to be rewired or whatever, they have to sort it out. It's their headache.
Old 25th January 2010, 23:27   #174
BANNED

i20 Asta alarm setup- Update

Whooop.... a little update about the i20 alarm setup.

Successfully traced all the wires which needs to connect it to the i20.

This is a passive type method that means i need not to cut wires of immobilizer or any other. Now i have to make a diagram through which i can explain it to the technician.

Tomorrow is Holiday so have enough time to work on the diagram.
Old 25th January 2010, 23:47   #175
Senior - BHPian

By the way, for those of you who aren't satisfied with the horn, the HMP service centre Mumbai told me that the i20 already has a relay for those of you who (like me) want a dual horn arrangement. No cutting wires = no voiding warranty.
Old 25th January 2010, 23:53   #176
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
By the way, for those of you who aren't satisfied with the horn, the HMP service centre Mumbai told me that the i20 already has a relay for those of you who (like me) want a dual horn arrangement. No cutting wires = no voiding warranty.
Thats a good news. Have you changed it already? if so which make and whats the cost?
Old 26th January 2010, 01:00   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a good news. Have you changed it already? if so which make and whats the cost?
As of now they're refusing to fit a Hella / Bosch bought by me. Since I don't take no for an answer if logic is shining bright, they've offered to fit a low-tone second horn OR fit the Santro / Accent horn. The Santro horn is crap too but I was happy with the horn on my Accent for 9 years. So if they can fit that I'm going to settle for that, else they're going to have to fit a Bosch / Hella whether they like it or not, and honour my warranty too.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:40   #178
Senior - BHPian

By the way, I have one urgent little query. When I bring the car to a stop, I usually press the clucth at the last moment before the car will start shuddering. Doing this made the engine boom a little, so I became a little observant and realized that the tacho climbs almost 5-600 rpm when I dump the clutch and bring the car to a standstill. Is this normal?

Haven't noticed this in my other cars, so I was wondering if something is a little off, which might cause premature clutch wear in the long run. Any tips? A little urgent, since the car's going in on Friday morning for the horn replacement.
Old 27th January 2010, 20:47   #179
BANNED

In our Santro i noticed this behavior, but as of now in i20 its not there.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:34   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Yes they will change the HU if the software version found old, because of that old SW version only the HU stop working all of a sudden in older i20 models . This is 100% confirmed from reliable sources.
Wildon,

I had checked with Sharayu motors, Navi Mumbai regarding changing the HU, since mine is a May, 2009 model 1.2 Asta. I was told that the HU will not be replaced. This is an issue & I am not supposed to eject the cd without ignition ON. I am trying to take up this issue with Hyundai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks