Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 19:02   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
There is a relay in the car already. So go to Hyundai and get it done, or go to an accessory shop and pick out a Bosch / Hella whatever and get it installed. No cutting wires since relay's already there.
that is good news since I was hoping to get a better horn fitted

btw Has anyone faced issue of squeaking noise from Rearview mirror? I noticed it yesterday when I was driving without any music and later Fighter_82 told me it was a rearview mirror damping issue,which he also had faced
Old 12th February 2010, 19:14   #197
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
that is good news since I was hoping to get a better horn fitted

btw Has anyone faced issue of squeaking noise from Rearview mirror? I noticed it yesterday when I was driving without any music and later Fighter_82 told me it was a rearview mirror damping issue,which he also had faced
I faced this squeaking noise when there was some sand at the bottom of the mirror, so when ever I used to close the mirror, the mirror used to brush against the sand and cause this squeaking noise, once the sand was removed the noise vanished.
Old 14th February 2010, 12:45   #198
BANNED

8000 K.M Update

Done a 1300 + Trip this week and now back in Bangalore. Due to official commitments i had to travel from Bangalore> Mysore> Hassan> Mangalore> Hubli> Bangalore. I chose to drive rather than taking Tran/Bus and it was indeed a wonderful experience.

Here are the driving outcome of that trip in short

1. Top mileage achieved is 19.23 (Yes i double checked) with using very little A/C and keeping my top speed @ 80 kmph ( Mangalore - Hubli ).

2. Worst mileage clocked is 14.53 (Hassan - Mangalore)

3. Top speed comfortably achieved 150 Kmph. (Hubli - Bangalore)

Took the Shiradi Ghat route for going to Mangalore and it was very nice to drive on. Only some 500 Mtr stretch was bad due to construction. I could manage only few snaps as i wanted to finish the trip on time so there was little stopping.

The most dangerous route was the Karwar - Hubli . I have witnessed an accident in which 3 persons (Father - Mother -Son) dead on the spot. I lost count on the vehicles which i have seen met with accident in this particular route.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05402-medium.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05405-medium.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05408-medium.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05409-medium.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05411-medium.jpg  

Old 14th February 2010, 13:26   #199
Senior - BHPian

Nice FE figures. Could you confidently hold on to 150 kmph? What about grip and steering feedback? I wouldn't be too reassured when doing those kinda numbers with a car equipped with EPS. I particularly love pic no.2 with the trees. And regarding the last pic, the more I see the i in side profile and rear quarter, the more I feel that blackening the B-pillar (maybe with matte black vinyl or something) will further enhance the look of this sweet lookin' hatch.
Old 14th February 2010, 13:40   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Nice FE figures. Could you confidently hold on to 150 kmph? What about grip and steering feedback? I wouldn't be too reassured when doing those kinda numbers with a car equipped with EPS. I particularly love pic no.2 with the trees. And regarding the last pic, the more I see the i in side profile and rear quarter, the more I feel that blackening the B-pillar (maybe with matte black vinyl or something) will further enhance the look of this sweet lookin' hatch.
Yes I was doing confidently with ease , the grip was good and the steering was tight. I clocked 150 two times on different long empty stretch. yes a Black B-pillar gives a good look to the car.
Old 14th February 2010, 14:01   #201
Senior - BHPian

Wildon, the last pic is superb. I've seen the Beach area only in Dubai and that too wasn't so picturesque as this. Which place is this?

Moreover, if you want pic of i20 with blackened B-pillars let me know as I've matt black sticker on my'n and it looks good.
Old 14th February 2010, 14:51   #202
BANNED

The beach was in between Udupi and Murudeshwar. Its nice place to relax inbetween a long drive.
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05412.jpg

Yes i love to see the mat black B-Pillar sticker on i20. If you have please do post.
Old 14th February 2010, 15:56   #203
BANNED

Bought a Britax - First Class Plus 0-18 kg Car seat for my kid. Cost Rs.11.495/-.Bought it from Mother Care , Indira Nagar.

Following are the features.

1. Rearward facing for newborn babies (birth to 13kg), then forward facing for children from 9kg to 18kg
2. Unique pitch control system reduces forward movement in the event of an accident
3. Performance chest pads
4. 5 recline positions (when forward facing)
5. Newborn insert can be used rearward and forward facing for extra comfort for the younger child
6. Extended recline position and newborn insert create a more natural sleeping position (when rearward facing)
7. Spring loaded belt locking mechanism allows easy installation
8. Side Impact Protection with deep, softly padded side wings

More product into for this specific model can be found here.

I wanted to ask you guys, is it recommend to install it at the rear center seat ?! Well i have just tried and wanted to know your opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05419.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05420.jpg  

Old 14th February 2010, 17:28   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Moreover, if you want pic of i20 with blackened B-pillars let me know as I've matt black sticker on my'n and it looks good.
Yes, please do !! How did you get it done, costs etc. It's no.1 on my to-do list. And the only external mod I'm planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Yes i love to see the mat black B-Pillar sticker on i20. If you have please do post.
+1.
Old 14th February 2010, 19:06   #205
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
The beach was in between Udupi and Murudeshwar. Its nice place to relax inbetween a long drive.
Attachment 287887
This place is called Marwante, a beautiful place to watch sunset, the beauty of this place is that on one side of the road you have the sea and the other side the back waters.

Last edited by rbp : 14th February 2010 at 19:09.
Old 15th February 2010, 21:24   #206
BANNED

Finally decided to do the repair work of my i20's front bumper . As i earlier mentioned it got cracks and the Right Fog lamp fitting is broken and gives some irritating sounds whenever i drives on rough roads/ potholes.

The car given to Sai Colorium, JP Nagar and estimated cost is Rs.4500/- for following works.

Front Bumper Repair and full Painting
Rear Bumper 1/2 side painting
Full body Rubbing and Polishing
Fog Lamp Fix/repair and proper installation

Is the charges are OK ?! promised delivery on 17th morning.
Old 16th February 2010, 00:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally decided to do the repair work of my i20's front bumper . As i earlier mentioned it got cracks and the Right Fog lamp fitting is broken and gives some irritating sounds whenever i drives on rough roads/ potholes.

The car given to Sai Colorium, JP Nagar and estimated cost is Rs.4500/- for following works.

Looks quite ok. Hyundai charged me around 2000+ for a full bumper paint job on my i10.
Old 16th February 2010, 09:56   #208
im_driver

Hi,

Anyone know a place in Mumbai to take care of paint etc. I asked Hyundai and they say scratches etc won't go, which I don't buy.

On a seperate note, the rattling noise in my car has reappeared, and even after raising a complaint with CR@Hyundai, all I have got is a reaasurance that they are looking for 'parts'. I have already gone to them twice for the same problem and on both occasions, they seem to have corrected it, only to have it recur. My car has had 5 trips to Hyundai service stations so far (in 6 months, 3K kms) and appears older everytimg it comes back from a trip.

Mumbai BHPians, any suggestions.

Regards

Old 16th February 2010, 13:35   #209
BHPian

Quote:

This could have been covered under insurance right? why not opt for that?

Quote:
Comparing the quote with hyundai's rates, it is sounds reasonable.

Recently got both the bumpers repainted, the estimated cost was about 7-8k (can't remember the exact amount), but since it was covered under insurance I ended up paying 1.2k (for two separate claims)

Last edited by Fighter_82 : 16th February 2010 at 13:39.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:03   #210
BHPian

Quote:

Any day it is cheaper than Hyundai Rates. They charged me Rs. 6500 for painting front bumper only. But the paint job was fantastic. There was no shade difference between the bumper and the body. Together with other repairs it came to around Rs. 11000, I claimed insurance and ended up paying 2k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks