Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 21:30   #211
BANNED

Got the Car back and they have done a fantastic Job. My now car is as good as a "just rolled out from factory" piece. for guys in Bangalore i recommend this shop rather than going to the official service center for dent work /Mods/ painting etc...

Saw a Stretched Innova there getting ready . Its for the use of "Last Journey".
Unfortunately i didn't carry my camera but visiting again them to take the snap of that.

Hyundai repair rates for painting is like Mount Everest. I have called up both the dealers of Hyundai in Bangalore and got a different rates, which is too high like 'Gene' and other said. They are just trying to milk the customers. Even for the new bumper they have quoted different rates. Why Hyundai is not publicizing the rates of the parts for the transparency.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Got the Car back and they have done a fantastic Job. My now car is as good as a "just rolled out from factory" piece. for guys in Bangalore i recommend this shop rather than going to the official service center for dent work /Mods/ painting etc...
Looking for a place like this in Mumbai, actually. Suggestions, anyone?
Old 18th February 2010, 00:17   #213
BHPian

Quote:
thanks wildon. My car has a nasty scratch on the rear-left of my car - I guess I'll pay them a visit when I'm back.
Old 21st February 2010, 11:14   #214
BANNED

Being Sunday, I was preparing myself to wash the car and to my surprise i saw the flat tyre on front left side. (distance covered till now is 8500+)

I removed the Flat tyre and put the brand new spare tyre and checked for some nails in the flat tyre but nothing i could find. I washed the flat tyre and found a crack developed on the tyre. Attaching the picture of the same.

I do recollect that whenever i used to go for checking the air pressure this particular tyre have a low pressure 2-3 psi compared to the rest.

Is this a tyre defect ? I'm yet to give this for a fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05431-large.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc05432-large.jpg  

Last edited by wildon : 21st February 2010 at 11:21.
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:22   #215
BHPian

That is terrible, seems like a tyre defect from the look, but maybe I am wrong.

While opening the fuse box below the steering, I found a fuse of 25A written against AMP. I am not sure, for which AMP this is provided. Since there is a separate fuse of 20A for AUDIO, I think this could be for an external amplifier. Is there any external amp in export model i20?
Old 22nd February 2010, 17:11   #216
BANNED

Just inspected my tyre at the Hyundai A.S.S and they found that the side wall got a crack and they have called up the appollo guys and he is likely to come for a visit by tomorrow.

Regarding the 25 Amp fuse , i can find 3 under the steering column fuse box for Power windows LH & RH, and front Wiper.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:37   #217

Hi Friends,

I am very happy to join the BHPian Team. Today i got my login credentials. Thanks to Team-BHP administrators.

I am very much impressed by reading this forum and got lots of valuable information's from each one of you.Great work.

Special thanks to Wildon to make this forum more interesting with his efforts on R&D's

Kudo's

Last edited by Dippy : 2nd March 2010 at 13:43. Reason: Removing font tags. Do not copy paste from external text editors into your posts.
Old 27th February 2010, 08:10   #218
BANNED

Thanks and Welcome to the forum Kathidev.

Regarding the "Side Wall Crack", the apollo guys came and inspected the tyre and found that its not a side wall crack. Its because of some object scratched the side of the tyre resulted a nail hole.

They informed me that there is nothing series in it and i can patch this from a tyre shop, they recommend General Tyres in J C tyres. I went there and they patched the tyre from both side which cost Rs.180/-. Any way i'm using this tyre as standby now.
Old 20th March 2010, 09:33   #219
BANNED

10000 K.M Update

Car has completed 10K, and doing great. Few things i have noticed now a days are,

1.Clicking sound from the right front side while going through rough road ( This is reported earlier in i20 models). so have to check up on the next service.

2. Sometime on bumper to bumper ride feels like the car is not stopping when applying brake , this may be because of the clutch/ brake usage at that moment, but sometime this make you uncomfortable.

3. When goes through the potholes little sound comes from the left rear side of the car. (may be the suspension spring sound).

Rest are fine and good and enjoying my i
Old 20th March 2010, 10:48   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_R View Post
Wildon,

I had checked with Sharayu motors, Navi Mumbai regarding changing the HU, since mine is a May, 2009 model 1.2 Asta. I was told that the HU will not be replaced. This is an issue & I am not supposed to eject the cd without ignition ON. I am trying to take up this issue with Hyundai.
With respect to my post above, After my mail to Hyundai, Customer Care from Sharayu Hyundai called me up & asked that they need to inspect the car to identify the problem. I showed them the issue & how the fuse pops. I also showed them that the version no. is S69 & not S71. They immediately asked Hyundai for a replacement HU under warranty. After a weeks time, I was called again after they received the new HU. Now they have replaced the HU. Also there was a rattling sound from the front, so they have changed some bushing in the steering column & now the rattling sound has disappeared. I am happy with the service they offered. Customer care executive from Sharayu apologized that the Advisor with whom I had talked earlier regarding the HU might not have understood the issue & hence the problem.

A big thanks to Wildon for pointing out the issues with the HU.

Last edited by Bala_R : 20th March 2010 at 10:49.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:28   #221
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
1.Clicking sound from the right front side while going through rough road ( This is reported earlier in i20 models). so have to check up on the next service.

Hey, is this clicking sound coming from the right front wheel?

In my car I get a clicking sound from the right front wheel, when I got it checked the mech said some metal piece was touching the brake calliper and he did some changes, but the prob still exists, need to get it checked again.
Old 21st March 2010, 17:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Sometime on bumper to bumper ride feels like the car is not stopping when applying brake , this may be because of the clutch/ brake usage at that moment, but sometime this make you uncomfortable.
I've only just done some 500 kms but i'm facing the same issue too. I've already gotten used to the car going forth effortlessly in bumper2bumper traffic, but its quite funny that i must brake more heavily now than when i initially took delivery. The brake feels spongier. Thinking i should take this up at my first service.

Do you get noise from the front passenger seatbelt hitting against the B-pillar when you're driving alone? The noise bugged me for 2 full days before i realized where it was coming from The buckle doesn't sit well against the pillar at times & gives off noise whenever i'm going over rough roads. Do you think the belt needs to be tightened?
Old 21st March 2010, 17:34   #223
Senior - BHPian

Hey wildon, how's the A.C working in your car? Is it effective in hot weather?
Old 21st March 2010, 17:42   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Hey, is this clicking sound coming from the right front wheel?

In my car I get a clicking sound from the right front wheel, when I got it checked the mech said some metal piece was touching the brake calliper and he did some changes, but the prob still exists, need to get it checked again.

Yes , its coming from the right from side wheel side. No metal piece issues or whatever touching... its a known issue. You need to change some bush or steering wheel column for rectifying this as many done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 View Post
Do you get noise from the front passenger seatbelt hitting against the B-pillar when you're driving alone? The noise bugged me for 2 full days before i realized where it was coming from The buckle doesn't sit well against the pillar at times & gives off noise whenever i'm going over rough roads. Do you think the belt needs to be tightened?
No i use to buckle up the passenger seatbelt to avoid the irritating sound when it touches the B-Pillar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hey wildon, how's the A.C working in your car? Is it effective in hot weather?
Not very effective, but if you are on a solo drive close the vents of the passenger side then you will feel more comfortable.
Old 22nd March 2010, 22:34   #225
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , its coming from the right from side wheel side. No metal piece issues or whatever touching... its a known issue. You need to change some bush or steering wheel column for rectifying this as many done so.
From what I have read, I thought the steering wheel column noise comes inside the cabin near the steering, where as this clicking sound clearly comes from the right front wheel, guys can you confirm if this is the famous steering column issue

Most Viewed