Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 12:19   #241
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics and the blackened B-pillars look good. The seatcovers (atleast the headrests) need refitting. The bad fit takes away a a bit of the sheen of a well looked after car.
Old 5th April 2010, 12:38   #242
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Guys, are you all happy with the AC performance in severe heat[37 degree and above], the performance in severe heat has been horrible. It cools only when the outside temp is cool, it requires a minimum of 10 to 15 mins for the cool air to start blowing properly. I am terribly disappointed with the i20's AC.
The main reason i have installed the cool film is because of that. The rear passengers having a horrible time. The i20 a/c is not adequate in Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Nice pics and the blackened B-pillars look good. The seatcovers (atleast the headrests) need refitting. The bad fit takes away a a bit of the sheen of a well looked after car.
I do understand the problem. The main reason i have installed this cheap cover is to protect the original one. The rear seat is occupied by my kid all the time, who is now started drawing with crayons every where she can.

I have to live with it for another 2 or 3 year.

A Good fit and finish job for Seat cover in PU will cost around 7.5 k - 8.5k in Bangalore.
Old 5th April 2010, 15:54   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
A Good fit and finish job for Seat cover in PU will cost around 7.5 k - 8.5k in Bangalore.
Here is the link to the seat covers i installed for my i10. These are Dolphin seat covers. Got it installed @Konark Car Accessories, koramangala, Bangalore.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1732485
Old 7th April 2010, 00:57   #244
BHPian

My new i20 Asta Euro4 is here

Hi everyone.

I have been doing a lot of research over the past few months over which car to buy as my second car to replace my aging Santro.

This forum is a real minefield of information, and a big thank you to all the members who really helped me to make my decision, just like 4 years ago when I purchased my Black Chevy Optra 1.6.

I booked the i20 1.2 Asta (dark grey) in beginning March in Gurgaon, and was promised a delivery date of March 26. The car did arrive on time and when I was just going to the dealer to pick it up, I got a call from the sales person that the car's rear bumber got damaged when the driver was taking it out from the washing deck where they were readying the car for me! Ouch!
Went to see it, and asked for a replacement.

The replacement car started from Chennai for Gurgaon on 26th and was due to arrive on 2nd April. Wonder of wonders, the truck did not reach the dealer and as far as I know, is still missing out there in transit!

I was really beginning to doubt if I was doing the right thing with getting the i20 by now - it was almost as if I was being told that this isnt meant to be!
In the meanwhile, another truck that started on the 30th of March was received at the dealer yesterday, and I got a call that I can pick up my dark metallic i20 Asta yesterday afternoon.

Finally!!

And I was in for some pleasant surprises.

I was supposed to get a Euro 3 car last month, and this one was a Euro 4. Along with this change, there are some more changes that Hyundai has done to the car -
- The side EORVMs now have turn indicators on them.
- Passenger side vanity mirror has been added
- The HU is now in a good looking silver finish
- The display is in blue (really refreshing after the red color that was there earlier, I was all set to buy the rheostat switch which will NOT be needed now!)

All in all, I am one happy camper!!
Old 7th April 2010, 08:46   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
These I wish my car had. Hmmm.

Quote:
- The display is in blue (really refreshing after the red color that was there earlier, I was all set to buy the rheostat switch which will NOT be needed now!)
Thank God my car doesn't have these
Old 7th April 2010, 08:52   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure you got the indian variant delivered

It will be great if you can post some pics of the features mentioned
Old 7th April 2010, 09:53   #247
BHPian

the pics for sportz and new magna models are already posted in another thread .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...details-5.html
Old 7th April 2010, 14:40   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, are you all happy with the AC performance in severe heat[37 degree and above], the performance in severe heat has been horrible. It cools only when the outside temp is cool, it requires a minimum of 10 to 15 mins for the cool air to start blowing properly. I am terribly disappointed with the i20's AC.
+1 on that. AC performance is the only downer for me as well. In Bangalore heat during the summer, it just doesn't cool fast enough or effectively. Can something be done about this? I mean are there any aftermarket upgrades or dealership upgrades available?
Old 8th April 2010, 13:32   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
its not there on the i10 asta either. Sigh!
Quote:
Hi am Mohammed , me too owned a new i20 crdi with sunroof recently. I too felt the same thing about the AC thing.
Old 8th April 2010, 13:41   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone.

I have been doing a lot of research over the past few months over which car to buy as my second car to replace my aging Santro.
Please post some pics, i am dissapointed hearing those changes, i have got delivered my i20 crdi full option 2 weeks back and a sudden changes occured ??
Old 8th April 2010, 14:06   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Please post some pics, i am dissapointed hearing those changes, i have got delivered my i20 crdi full option 2 weeks back and a sudden changes occured ??
check this thread for new i20 features
Old 8th April 2010, 14:29   #252
BHPian

My all New i20 CRDi with Sunroof

Hi guys, Please check out the pics of my all new Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta with Sunroof.

Small upgrade has done so far with the tyres replaced with Yokohama S drive and 15' Evo Alloys
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-1.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-3.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-2.jpg  

Old 8th April 2010, 14:50   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
Ooops , i am okie now, those changes will not affect me, because there is no changes on my version which i took. mine is Asta crdi with Sunroof
Old 8th April 2010, 15:26   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Ooops , i am okie now, those changes will not affect me, because there is no changes on my version which i took. mine is Asta crdi with Sunroof
I think CRDi got 6 speed manual transmission instead of 5 speed.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:18   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbhp View Post
I think CRDi got 6 speed manual transmission instead of 5 speed.
Now i confirm, you were right, i20 sportz comes with a 6 speed manual transmission

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks