Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 19:46   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Now i confirm, you were right, i20 sportz comes with a 6 speed manual transmission
Only the CRDI comes with 6-speed M/T. The 1.2 still has the 5 speed.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:38   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Excuse the ignorance: does six gears mean an extra, higher gear, like an overdrive, or does it mean that the gear ratios are closer together?

If it is an extra, higher gear, then, as a mostly-city driver, that doesn't do much for me. I don't even get into 5th very often.
Old 9th April 2010, 09:38   #258
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Excuse the ignorance: does six gears mean an extra, higher gear, like an overdrive, or does it mean that the gear ratios are closer together?

If it is an extra, higher gear, then, as a mostly-city driver, that doesn't do much for me. I don't even get into 5th very often.
With the extra 6th gear, the gear ratios will be a lot closer to each other and also help highway cruising. The CRDI badly needed a 6th gear as above 3K rpm the engine sounds very noisy.

My i20 CRDI does 100 in 5th gear at 2.1K RPM, now I expect it to do the same at probably 1800 or 1900 rpm in 6th gear. So that should help a lot in the mileage stakes too.
Old 9th April 2010, 11:55   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, rbp... but does this mean more frequent gear changing in normal city driving? Driving at up to 60kph?
Old 11th April 2010, 14:58   #260
BHPian

hello guys. i would like to know if anyone who is facing the steering column rattle has got the problem permanently fixed or not. i have been facing the same problem of rattling noise from steering column when the car goes over bad roads. Also the steering vibrates and becomes loose. the first time i complained to the dealer i was told that the steering column assembly would be replaced. they took my signature on the order form for the steering column and even recorded the noise coming from the steering column. i was told to come after 8 days when the steering column assembly arrives from hyundai. After 8 days i gave my car to them and while taking back the car i was told that only a bush was replaced. i didn't argue as the problem seemed to have been fixed. now i don't understand is if they only wanted to replace a bush why make me wait 8 days and take my signature to order the whole assembly. Is the dealer ordering parts and keeping for himself from the company using my VIN and signature?. Anyways the problem cropped up again a after 500km.This time they said its some spring making the noise. I gave the car for second service and they said they have adjusted it. Again the noise was gone. I was skeptical and knew the problem would occur again. Took the car on a drive to mumbai and realized that the steering had become tight so my whole right arm started to ache.during the drive the steering started becoming lighter and the steering column rattle started coming more frequently. I'm surprised that even though the company knows about this issue and is very common they are not straight away resolving it but a trying to hide the problem temporarily by changing some bush. Kudos to honda and toyota who accept faults in their cars and recall them. I bought a premium hatch like the hyundai i20 to avoid problems like these.
Old 11th April 2010, 22:44   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Completed 6000 K.m so far. Doing good without any issues. The car became smoother.

I have a question for you guys. Imagine manufacturer replacing some of your car parts under warranty which is free of cost, but doing silently with the help of dealers.

What if i'm not gone for that replacement, and still the dealer claimed that parts from the manufacturer and taken against my VIN number !!!

Has anyone faced this situation ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead666 View Post
i was told that the steering column assembly would be replaced. they took my signature on the order form for the steering column and even recorded the noise coming from the steering column. i was told to come after 8 days when the steering column assembly arrives from hyundai. After 8 days i gave my car to them and while taking back the car i was told that only a bush was replaced. i didn't argue as the problem seemed to have been fixed. now i don't understand is if they only wanted to replace a bush why make me wait 8 days and take my signature to order the whole assembly. Is the dealer ordering parts and keeping for himself from the company using my VIN and signature?. Anyways the problem cropped up again a after 500km.This time they said its some spring making the noise. I gave the car for second service and they said they have adjusted it. Again the noise was gone. I was skeptical and knew the problem would occur again. Took the car on a drive to mumbai and realized that the steering had become tight so my whole right arm started to ache.during the drive the steering started becoming lighter and the steering column rattle started coming more frequently. I'm surprised that even though the company knows about this issue and is very common they are not straight away resolving it but a trying to hide the problem temporarily by changing some bush. Kudos to honda and toyota who accept faults in their cars and recall them. I bought a premium hatch like the hyundai i20 to avoid problems like these.
This is already pointed out by me and its happening, Yes they do order parts using your VIN.

Last edited by wildon : 11th April 2010 at 22:48.
Old 12th April 2010, 00:57   #262
Senior - BHPian

Wildon, got any update on the price of the New Chrome Grille or the Stick-on? I saw the new Chrome Grille on White i20 and want the same for my old White i20.
Old 12th April 2010, 01:12   #263
BHPian

thanks for the reply.i have sent a mail to Hyundai customer care and am waiting for their response.the bill i had got after they changed the bush the time had not details of spare parts used. they said its on their system but wont show on the bill. now i know why. i guess its the company's loss if the dealers are looting them. now i wont settle for anything less than changing the entire steering column assembly.
Old 12th April 2010, 08:56   #264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Wildon, got any update on the price of the New Chrome Grille or the Stick-on? I saw the new Chrome Grille on White i20 and want the same for my old White i20.
The last time when i inquired the dealer didn't had a clue about the prices. will update you soon.

Quote:
thanks for the reply.i have sent a mail to Hyundai customer care and am waiting for their response.the bill i had got after they changed the bush the time had not details of spare parts used. they said its on their system but wont show on the bill. now i know why. i guess its the company's loss if the dealers are looting them. now i wont settle for anything less than changing the entire steering column assembly.
The dealer should provide the details of the spares which changed and you have every right to know that. Well i'm too going for a check up for the steering column issue and let see how they handles it.
Old 12th April 2010, 09:42   #265
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thanks, rbp... but does this mean more frequent gear changing in normal city driving? Driving at up to 60kph?
Nope, I dont think you will need to change gears frequently, just use the four gears, thats it, I never use the 5th gear in city, so it should be the same even for the new 6 speed gear box.

By the way my car too has begun to show the same steering column rattling issue, this happens only on bad roads and is very very annoying to listen to.

Guys,

Today a A C Neilsen guy came to my house to take feedback on i20, I am sure even you too will be contacted for the same, have told them that the AC is pathetic, the worst I have used till date. I hope you all complain about the AC , so that Hyundai does something regarding it.

@Wildon :- We have totally hijacked your ownership thread. I wish there was a thread where we could put up all these queries.
Old 12th April 2010, 10:02   #266
BHPian

Quote:
hello guys. i would like to know if anyone who is facing the steering column rattle has got the problem permanently fixed or not. i have been facing the same problem of rattling noise from steering column when the car goes over bad roads. Also the steering vibrates and becomes loose. the first time i complained to the dealer i was told that the steering column assembly would be replaced. they took my signature on the order form for the steering column and even recorded the noise coming from the steering column. i was told to come after 8 days when the steering column assembly arrives from hyundai. After 8 days i gave my car to them and while taking back the car i was told that only a bush was replaced. i didn't argue as the problem seemed to have been fixed. now i don't understand is if they only wanted to replace a bush why make me wait 8 days and take my signature to order the whole assembly. Is the dealer ordering parts and keeping for himself from the company using my VIN and signature?. Anyways the problem cropped up again a after 500km.This time they said its some spring making the noise. I gave the car for second service and they said they have adjusted it. Again the noise was gone. I was skeptical and knew the problem would occur again. Took the car on a drive to mumbai and realized that the steering had become tight so my whole right arm started to ache.during the drive the steering started becoming lighter and the steering column rattle started coming more frequently. I'm surprised that even though the company knows about this issue and is very common they are not straight away resolving it but a trying to hide the problem temporarily by changing some bush. Kudos to honda and toyota who accept faults in their cars and recall them. I bought a premium hatch like the hyundai i20 to avoid problems like these.

Yep i've faced the same problem with the steering column rattling. There's a whole thread here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...oblem-i20.html

The car had to make 3 visits to the service center to have the problem fixed. Now there is no rattle but the steering is tight as well and my arms do hurt.

The people at HMP claimed that that's par for course and that they have replaced the steering column. However just as in your case, the HMP people have not given me the bill mentioning steering column replacement under warranty. Certainly very frustrating when they are so defensive and closed about the whole thing.
Old 12th April 2010, 11:35   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Guys,

Today a A C Neilsen guy came to my house to take feedback on i20, I am sure even you too will be contacted for the same, have told them that the AC is pathetic, the worst I have used till date. I hope you all complain about the AC , so that Hyundai does something regarding it.
I was contacted too, only thing was that I was a little busy so I told them to call at a specific time because I was genuinely wanted to contribute my feedback. Dumb fellows didn't call only, they must have assumed another case of "leave me alone" stalling.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:05   #268
BANNED

Quote:
Today a A C Neilsen guy came to my house to take feedback on i20
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I was contacted too,
Well I have been contacted over phone by JD Power !!

Most of them where YES/NO, so some questions i have not agreed to say YES/NO. It took 15 min or so and i have given my feedback about car which includes the A/C too.

Quote:

@Wildon :- We have totally hijacked your ownership thread. I wish there was a thread where we could put up all these queries.
As long as the discussions are informative i don't mind.
Old 16th April 2010, 09:15   #269
BHPian

Hey guys me too have this steering rattling noise from yesterday, so far mileage is 1200 km

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Only the CRDI comes with 6-speed M/T. The 1.2 still has the 5 speed.

Yes you are right ..

Hey guys, did any one changed your music system to any other manufacturers unit like pioneer or kenwood 2 Din touch screen and you still have the steering controls work for you ? pls advice on this ... i just want to make sure that these features will work for me if i change the music system.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th April 2010 at 10:12. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 17th April 2010, 13:42   #270
BANNED

^^ If steering control to work, you need to source the steering/Stalk control adapter from the respective brands.

If you are installing a CarPC then its easy as you need to purchase this.

Also you can use the Steering control of adapter of i10/i30 as its similar.

A Kenwood Steering Wheel Interfaces of i30 info is giving below.

http://www.kenwoodasia.com/home/prod...000/index.html

For Hyundai cars.
http://www.kenwoodasia.com/home/tech...x.html#hyundai

Sony steering control for i10/i20/i30 found here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Hyundai-S...23143002r14553

Last edited by wildon : 17th April 2010 at 14:02. Reason: Added more info
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks