Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2010, 22:57   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Rattling Noise - Go for a check up and find out what they say this time.
Stereo - Have u tried a different cable
Noise from Cabin - Can tell more about this please
Tyre Pressure - Do you drive daily or once in week sort of....
Blades - Do you have a closed parking or its open and exposed to the sun?
Widon, thanks for your help.

I have to get it checked and doing it this saturday.
Stereo - Yes, tried different cables and different ipod and iphone. Same thing. It happening with the CD also so I doubt it is just the plugin assembly.
Noise from Cabin - Something like the seatbelt banging against the B pillar. But its coming from the rear or near the handbrake. Can't figure out.
Tyre pressure - Everyday for 9-12 KMS. Dont know what is wrong. Cant be a puncture as it is happening with all 4 tyres.
Baldes - nope covered and cool place.

I really appreciate if you can help me figure out.
Old 20th August 2010, 11:30   #407
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Widon, thanks for your help.

I have to get it checked and doing it this saturday.
Stereo - Yes, tried different cables and different ipod and iphone. Same thing. It happening with the CD also so I doubt it is just the plugin assembly.
Noise from Cabin - Something like the seatbelt banging against the B pillar. But its coming from the rear or near the handbrake. Can't figure out.
Tyre pressure - Everyday for 9-12 KMS. Dont know what is wrong. Cant be a puncture as it is happening with all 4 tyres.
Baldes - nope covered and cool place.

I really appreciate if you can help me figure out.

the same problem i had with the tyre pressure and the result came out is that there is a leakage between alloys and the tyres. sometimes the tubeless tyres cant get along fully with the alloys and result in some leakage b/w them. You can go to any tyre shop and they will do it with a very nominal charges, i have done this in my i20 and result is perfect.
Old 20th August 2010, 19:52   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Cant be a puncture as it is happening with all 4 tyres.
Are you using nitrogen or regular air?
Old 27th August 2010, 19:34   #409
BANNED

1 Year update with a new problem

My car is completed one year and overall its doing good.

First 3 free services are completed now but i'm facing a weired problem. I have pointed out this problem on 3rd free service but while checking at that time it was not appeared.

The problem is a kind of loss of power in all gears (it can happen to any gear). Its like when you change the gear and accelerate (smoothly or hardly) there is no acceleration for 5 to 10 seconds and then suddenly the car getting acceleration. I tried to change the pattern of my gear shift/ release clutch/ acceleration everything but all gone in vain. Also i have a doubt that my FE also gone down because of this.

Its a kind of feeling to me like somebody blocked my exhaust and opened it suddenly or like when a bike behaves after giving an indication that fuel is going to reserve mode

Yet to discuss this with service center,

What could be the reason? any inputs gurus ?
Old 27th August 2010, 20:10   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agg.arpit View Post
the same problem i had with the tyre pressure and the result came out is that there is a leakage between alloys and the tyres. sometimes the tubeless tyres cant get along fully with the alloys and result in some leakage b/w them. You can go to any tyre shop and they will do it with a very nominal charges, i have done this in my i20 and result is perfect.
Will try that agg.arpit. Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Are you using nitrogen or regular air?
Normal air. Any difference with Nitrogen?

Quote:

First 3 free services are completed now but i'm facing a weired problem. I have pointed out this problem on 3rd free service but while checking at that time it was not appeared.

The problem is a kind of loss of power in all gears (it can happen to any gear). Its like when you change the gear and accelerate (smoothly or hardly) there is no acceleration for 5 to 10 seconds and then suddenly the car getting acceleration. I tried to change the pattern of my gear shift/ release clutch/ acceleration everything but all gone in vain. Also i have a doubt that my FE also gone down because of this.

Its a kind of feeling to me like somebody blocked my exhaust and opened it suddenly or like when a bike behaves after giving an indication that fuel is going to reserve mode

A clogged air filter or Fuel Filter. Get it checked. Had this issue sometime in my Corsa.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:18   #411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Try resetting the ECU once by removing the battery terminals.
Also get the fuel injectors checked along with the spark plugs.Maybe one of the plugs has gone kaput.
Old 21st September 2010, 16:07   #412
BANNED

Thanks to Nidhin Sarath of carwale

Hyundai is came up with a Genuine Accessory called Auto Dipper

What it do is when it senses the incoming vehicle at night it auto dim the headlight beam from bright to dim. Cool feature although its exists in European countries.

Part No.08B06 - 92100
Rs. 2784/-

Also good news for old i20 Asta owners. Hyundai is coming up with an Genuine Accessory for the existing central locking , The Audio Buzzer

Expecting this in coming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-21092010006.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-21092010007.jpg  

Old 21st September 2010, 17:39   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to Nidhin Sarath of carwale

Hyundai is came up with a Genuine Accessory called Auto Dipper

What it do is when it senses the incoming vehicle at night it auto dim the headlight beam from bright to dim. Cool feature although its exists in European countries.

Part No.08B06 - 92100
Rs. 2784/-

Also good news for old i20 Asta owners. Hyundai is coming up with an Genuine Accessory for the existing central locking , The Audio Buzzer

Expecting this in coming weeks.
wildon, Is there an option to manually override the automatic dipper. You know there will be situation we need to force the high beam, due to the oppsoite "always high beamers".
Being a big follower of your advices, would like to understand the benefit of this feature. I used to drive on low beam most of the time, unless it demands or on high ways.
Old 21st September 2010, 17:39   #414
rbp
BHPian

Wildon:- What happened to the acceleration issue?
Are you buying the dipper? I would definitely be interested the Audio Buzzer. Wish they come up with Projector head lamps for the i20, at least give it as an option or accessorry.
Old 21st September 2010, 17:50   #415
BANNED

What i understand from the Accessory shop guy is you can override it by manually changing the high/low stalk controller as we do now.

He has promised me a demo for this unit so looking forward to it.

The auto dipper works at when it senses the incoming vehicle at 30meter distance.

@rbp

The acceleration issue is not coming always now, but it comes when you cruise at lower rpm's. Will going for a check up in the 1st week of October.

Reg Auto buzzer , all depends up on the price.

Last edited by wildon : 21st September 2010 at 17:55.
Old 22nd September 2010, 20:29   #416
Senior - BHPian

Wildon,
In case of the throttle not responding, have you tried downshifting? Not sure if its the same issue I felt, but downshifting did help me.

It'd be great if you could get the part number for the audio buzzer. I want to get it installed. There is not anti-theft alarm on older i20 Astas adn whe nI had asked about possibility of fitting teh ant-theft alarm from BSIV i20s on my i20, teh answer was negative.
Old 22nd September 2010, 21:27   #417
BANNED

^^
High revving solves the problem, also this problem occurs more when the car is in cold condition, when the engine heats up after few k.m run it disappears.

Sorry, the Audio buzzer is not yet launched, but it will be launching in the coming weeks as per the A.S.S accessory shop in-charge.

Also update on Rattling Noise, Done a 500+ run last week in good, rough, pothole roads and no sign of rattling sound. My steering is not as light as earlier but still smooth it is. Earlier after completing a turn and release the steering, it was coming to the straight position so quickly, but now it takes some time to come back or little touch needed to make it to straight.
Old 23rd September 2010, 08:14   #418
Senior - BHPian

For me the rattle is back to square one. Now they are talking of a newly designed urethane pad/yoke spring. That thing was installed on my car, it ran fine for about a week, then the rattle started again. When the matter was reported to the regional office and workshop, the WM was sent down to investigate. While he was initially reluctant to accept that the rattle has returned, even he heard the rattle when he drove the car. We told him that the steering rattle sound starts like this and it progressively gets louder as time passes. He went back saying that the issue shall be reported to the RO and we will be informed.

Now almost a week later, we were told by the Regional Manager and the Works Manager(who changed his colours like a chamaleon)that the distinct "kat kat kat" rattling sound is "suspension travel" noise. Having lived with this rattle since the car came to us, I can identify the steering rattle noise even if someone wakes me up in the middle of the night!!!! Now these jokers tell me it is suspension travel noise.

After all that circus in the past one year of inserting urethane pad/yoke spring, application of magnetic, heavy duty grease, changing the steering rack/column twice, application of correct torque setting for tightening the steering rack, now this....suspension travel noise!!!! This has now turned out be to be joke. They are still shooting arrows in the dark to fix it and are trying to ignore the issue. Anyway, I am trying to explore what other options can be considered because I know for sure that there's no point in talking to the workshop or the regional office over this issue because they are nothing but a bunch of incompetent buffoons who are now trying to ignore the issue.
Old 23rd September 2010, 22:23   #419
Senior - BHPian

Seems like the steering issue is present mostly on 2009 models. Any 2010 owners facing issues with the rattling?
Old 24th September 2010, 08:09   #420
Senior - BHPian

Well, the BSIV variants too have this problem

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...en&output=html

When the steering rack(and tie rod assembly) was replaced on my car for the second time, it was claimed by the workshop, the Area Manager and someone from Hyundai Regional Customer Care that the new rack is the one that goes into 2010 i20 models and it the problem has been rectified (I have an e-mail from them confirming this). Two months later and some more experiments by the workshop, the problem continues. I have been in touch with a gentleman from Vapi who is now thinking of getting rid of his "junk" i20 for the same steering rattle issue. Like me, the steering rack on his car was changed twice as well and yet the problem persists. Let those jokers from Hyundai come out and deny this.

For the same distinct steering rattle noise, they ended up replacing the steering rack twice, steering column once, inserted urethane bush/yoke pad twice, tried some bloody magical magnetic grease and now that they have nothing left, they are calling the noise as "suspension noise".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks