Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2011, 21:29   #571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

^ Got it from US! - Blinking Smart Stop - Flashing Brake Light

Bought the 'blinking smart stop delay version'

Cost me approx. 2k!! Will post a videos of it soon!
Old 6th March 2011, 22:48   #572
BHPian

Would installing the Kahtec smart stop module have any effect on your warranty?
Old 7th March 2011, 08:21   #573
Senior - BHPian

Check out the vid -

btw installing it does require you to cut just one wire(that is after bypassing that wire through the module!)
Old 7th March 2011, 09:17   #574
BANNED

Thats some really coll add-ons. I really liked the fit and finish of the Sil Guards.
What about the "Kahtec smart stop module" is it "plug n play". is the unit is visible from inside the car?
Old 7th March 2011, 11:32   #575
rbp
BHPian

Had been to Mysore this weekend, I was shocked by the heat in Mysore, but more shocking was the i20's AC cooling prowess inspite of Hyundai's so called AC fix, Mysore was blazing hot with temps reaching 35+, and the shity AC in the car was as bad as it can get, the AC set to full blast, recirculation mode and the blowers screaming their lungs out, all it felt was as if there was a blower with tiny fans put into it, my wife at the back was cursing me and my kid was crying non stop unable to bear the heat.
Hyundai was cunning in highlighting its AC fix in all major news papers during the rainy season, the summers are gonna expose your lie. Hyundai is a CHEAT, I am gonna take the car to the dealer and give the dealer a mouthfull, I want to talk to some one in Hyundai, Hyundai this is my last car from your stable I will never ever buy a Hyundai again.

PS:- My cars AC was recently serviced and the so called AC fix was also in it.

Note :- People looking out to buy an i20, I would advice you to stay away from it, there are other better cars in the market.

Last edited by rbp : 7th March 2011 at 11:37.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:18   #576
BANNED

^^ I was expecting this, and expecting this from the one who gone to the so called A/C Fix.

Hyundai's timing for this particular fix added fuel to the doubt. Its shows they don't care about the customers, they only know to cheat the customers.

Guys in Bangalore who is having steering and A/C problems we will meet up once and together we will fight it against the Hyundai.

Also i request other members from other locations to get in touch with each other who has issues with i20 and fight against the company.

Inviting suggestions from other members so we can move forward as a group.

Last edited by wildon : 7th March 2011 at 12:23.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:33   #577
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Guys in Bangalore who is having steering and A/C problems we will meet up once and together we will fight it against the Hyundai.

I am in, we got to do something, I have paid so much for this car it hurts man.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:44   #578
BHPian

this is actually pretty poor, a premium hatchback and that too which sells in good numbers having these niggling problems.
hope your problems find a permanent solution.
thanks to team bhp and updates from you guys i advised my cousin to stay away from the i20 and finally she got the swift zxi, needless to say she is very happy with it though it does rattle somewhat but at least the ac does work.
Old 7th March 2011, 12:54   #579
BANNED

^^
I got a call now from the Hyundai customer care, Dehli asking about whether HASS called me up for the issues i reported.

All i can say is i'm not going to visit the HASS anymore until a written commitment is given from the company as well as from the dealer about the solution they are providing and the assurance of its wont crop up again.

Its not one or two time i have spent my time with HASS for fixing the problems and I totally lost faith in Hyundai and its support.

Till now i have co-operated with them and sorry to say i'm not going to go with to their oral commitments any more.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:00   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats some really coll add-ons. I really liked the fit and finish of the Sil Guards.
What about the "Kahtec smart stop module" is it "plug n play". is the unit is visible from inside the car?

Yes! its merely a minute's job! and the module goes behind the 3rd mount lamp inside the top part of hatch door and is actually between the interior and exterior metal sheets! So, completely discreet!
Old 7th March 2011, 16:15   #581
BANNED

Update:-

Got a call from the local HASS asking me to come down for "inspection" and i have replied them that several "inspections" are carried out earlier too and nothing worked for me really. I have asked them this in written communication and they said 'OK' and kept the phone.

What else you can expect from your local HASS !

2nd half of the day i got a call from our humble lady from HMIL, Chennai asking about my convenience and to fix up an appointment so that the factory technicians can drive down from Chennai to Bangalore for inspecting the car.

I have replied her back, if the same can be communicated through email i can confirm the appointment for any given date.

I will confirm the date to my fellow Uber heater's here once i receive the confirmation mail from HMIL and if you have time and patience to take part of this FINAL exercise, all are welcome for the D day.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:14   #582
rbp
BHPian

@wildon :- Sure buddy. Please keep us informed.

By the way I hate the Uber coool word associated with i20 it should be Uber Hoooooot :(.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:44   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also i request other members from other locations to get in touch with each other who has issues with i20 and fight against the company.

Count me in. I will be happy to assist in any way I can. I have already filed a case against Hyundai.

Quote:
Update:-

Got a call from the local HASS asking me to come down for "inspection" and i have replied them that several "inspections" are carried out earlier too and nothing worked for me really. I have asked them this in written communication and they said 'OK' and kept the phone.
Don't expect too much. They will not give it in writing or they could give something which is totally irrelevant. Trust me, they did this to me and I can even forward you the e-mails, including identities of the people who were writing those e-mails. You can forward those e-mails to the HMIL Chennai lady.

Quote:
factory technicians can drive down from Chennai to Bangalore for inspecting the car.
In September first week last year, one guy from Chennai(he claimed to be from Mondo, India) came down to fix the issue in our car and installed some new urethane pad and promised( over phone) that the rattle will not come back again. The rattle started again just days later.

Then, in the last week of September, some steering system wallahs from HMIL( which included the Junagadh workshop's Works Manager and the Area Manager from HMIL RO, AHmedabad) visited us in September last year, saying that only our car was giving them so many complaints. They had said this with a big silly grin. That big silly grin would have been met with some very stern words had the car been of some goon or some politician. We were polite and friendly with them(come to think of it now, we should not have been). Some exchanges in brief from that visit:

1. HMIL , Delhi wallahs :"Rattle is not from steering but from the dashboard and that it would be fixed on subsequent visit". This included a very irritating question asked by one of them to me mockingly during the TD "where is the rattle now". Only when one of their guys drove the car, that they accepted rattle is there.
End Result : Car ran fine some time after the "fix" and the rattle started again, Proven to be a big fat lie as it was the same bloody steering rattle)

2. HMIL, Delhi wallahs :"Rattle is also because of telescopic tilt steering and EPS.
When questioned why our old Swift didn't have it, the reply came, Swift doesn't have telescopic steering.
End Result : Again proven to be a lie, proving a fault in their steering design( as one team-bhp member posted in my thread that the Fabia too has telescopic /tilt steering and doesn't have this issue)

3. HMIL , Delhi wallahs: "Your roads are bad."
We shot back that our old Swift and Accent too ran on the same "bad" roads and they never had an issue with the steering.
End Result : Again proven to be a lie, roads have nothing to do with it, and it proves a fault in their steering design

4. HMIL, Delhi wallahs: We request you to send the car one last time, all rattles will be fixed. If the rattle comes back again later, please inform us, we will see what to do, we will even come back again all the way from Delhi to your residence again.
End Result : Rattle started barely a week later after this supposed "last" visit" and the workshop screwed the car royally in a cowardly attempt to extract revenge from us. Endless calls and e-mails regarding the steering rattle and damage caused to the car by the workshop were never answered(which included a detailed report sent to all their offices)

Quote:
I have replied her back, if the same can be communicated through email i can confirm the appointment for any given date.
Even before letting those technicians anywhere near your car, and this is extremely crucial, take it in writing from them that this the last time they are being allowed to inspect the car and that this is the final solution to this steering rattle issue. If the steering rattle issue crops up again,then........<FILL your desired result in>( for e.g in case the rattle crops up, HMIL will take your car back and refund the entire amount + charges for the mental torture>. Make sure you do this because in future, they will shamelessly deny ever telling this. They have done this to us.

Make sure you get this in writing. I(we) have been taken for a ride like this several times and now those great people in HMIL are not even bothered to reply or respond to me, leaving me feeling cheated and hurt. The car was made a guinea pig and I a bakra, the end result is that our car is in shambles today in more ways than one. Those people don't care and never bothered to respond. The company shamelessly sides with their good for nothing workshop in Junagadh, inspite of proving every possible proof proving their incompetency and how they are responsible for the car's current state. I dare say HMIL does not have the guts to take action against the dealer - Om Hyundai, Junagadh. We are the ones who are suffering and feeling hurt seeing our car like this, while they sit extremely cosily in their offices referring to customers as jhik jhik waalas and paagals. and enjoying their "Hyundai life" with their new thinking and new possibilities.

Be warned, you could be metted out a similar treatment like me and could soon be joining Hyundai's "jhik jhik waala" and "paagal" customer category. So make sure you do everything as per your plan. They will try to intimidate you by saying there is not rattle, nothing can be heard. Stand your ground and make sure that they "hear" the rattle. make them write that the car has rattles.

Quote:
if you have time and patience to take part of this FINAL exercise, all are welcome for the D day.
Flock to the place, the more the better. This is something I could not do here in Veraval. In big cities, you have a great chance to catch hold of Hyundai, don't let them go unless they provide you satisfactory answers.

Good luck to you and whoever takes part in this.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 7th March 2011 at 18:52.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:10   #584
Senior - BHPian

I went through all the pages in this thread at one go. Indeed a sad thing Wildon, rbp, skanchan95 and others, that your i20 has been giving you such problems. I have a friend who has got an i20 asta 1.4 CRDi and has clocked almost 35k in a Year and he never had any issues with the car yet. Its saddening to hear about the state of Hyundai A.S.S, hope HMIL takes a stand and fix such niggling issues ASAP and once it for all. Take Care, Drive Safe !

Last edited by ShortShifter : 7th March 2011 at 19:13.
Old 7th March 2011, 20:08   #585
Senior - BHPian

Hey Wildon,
Sad to hear about the steering rattle issue.
I just checked with my colleague at office who has a 1 year old Asta 1.2 which has clocked 12K kms.
He too, has the steering rattle issue. Incidentally, his car is back from its third service just yesterday. It was left for service at Advaith Hyundai near the Graphite Factory junction, whitefield.
The service advisor has told him that the rattle is because of a faulty rubber bush and it needs to be replaced, but the bush is not in stock.
Let us know if you get to hear something from HASS.
Cheers,
Deepak

Most Viewed