Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2011, 10:47   #631
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
2) Is it possible to fold/minimize the roof antenna on the top? I am unable to change its direction or minimize it when required.
You can just unscrew it - rotate it anti-clockwise to remove it and keep it in the boot when you park it at some conspicuous location. I've experienced that most of the times, the radio reception is quite good even without the antennae.
Old 7th May 2011, 14:32   #632
BHPian

Quick Question Guys. My i20 is 5 months old, no problems as yet. Its done 5500km. But Im just not happy with the engine performace, Anything mods I can do to the engine? Im not looking at anything major.
Old 7th May 2011, 14:38   #633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
i can assure you there are many customers who are living with this problem either due to ignorance or chalta hai attitude which is milked by companies like Hyundai.
I know there are many out there and the company is metting out the same treatment to all of them. I have received lots of e-mails about this rattle issue as well. Its certainly not as if the problem is there on Indian i20s only , it is there on export i20s as well. If you see the steering rattle database( click the link below), you will see there are i20 owners from other countries too who have reported the issue as well.

What some of you may have noticed is that in the soon to be launched all new Verna, they have chosen not to have the telescopic adjust facility in the steering( though it has tilt adjust). I wonder if it is points to a possible flaw in their telescopic adjust system.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...en&output=html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I think we're on our own on this steering rattle issue!
Yes, we are. That is the bitter truth. The very fact that the rattle refuses to go away just shows that there is a manufacturing defect and/or design defect in the steering system.

Yesterday I left our car in Rajkot for checking the steering rattle, servicing, repairing/repainting some rust spots in the hatch door and a few other issues(details of which I will post later in my thread). I know that the WM and staff in Shreenath Hyundai, Rajkot are a million times better than those incompetents in Om Hyundai, Junagadh and will do a better job at fixing things in the car. There was not one thing that the Om Hyundai greats could fix without screwing something else up.

There was something else which I noticed while the job sheet was being generated in Rajkot yesterday. It looked as if someone had fooled around with the database system and changed our car's details in Hyundai's Central database. Whether it was a technical glitch or some one did this on purpose, I will never know. Later, the correct details were updated.
Old 7th May 2011, 15:14   #634

Quote:
...Is it possible to make the player recognize all the songs in USB pen drive and play it in random order, ignoring the folder structure?...
Yes it is possible. Just press and hold the "RDM" button for a few second until the display shows "ALL RDM" instead of just "RDM".
mon'l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2011, 22:40   #635
BHPian

Also I've noticed the music player fails to play songs from 8 gb pen drive. Is this the case with everyone?
Old 7th May 2011, 23:57   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Also I've noticed the music player fails to play songs from 8 gb pen drive. Is this the case with everyone?
I don't know about the 8 GB pen drive, but my cellphone has 8GB internal memory, and when I connect it through USB cable and select "Mass Storage" mode, it is always recognized and there is no trouble in playing songs either.
Old 8th May 2011, 09:52   #637
BHPian

Is your 8 GB pen drive formatted FAT32 or NTFS? (The filesystem) The i20 only reads FAT32 formatted drives. I have 8GB and a 16GB pen drives, both formatted as FAT32 that work perfectly well.
darksoul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2011, 13:38   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon'l View Post
I don't know about the 8 GB pen drive, but my cellphone has 8GB internal memory, and when I connect it through USB cable and select "Mass Storage" mode, it is always recognized and there is no trouble in playing songs either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul View Post
Is your 8 GB pen drive formatted FAT32 or NTFS? (The filesystem) The i20 only reads FAT32 formatted drives. I have 8GB and a 16GB pen drives, both formatted as FAT32 that work perfectly well.

It worked. Changed it to FAT32 & now its working.
Thank you.
Old 8th May 2011, 20:44   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is possible. Just press and hold the "RDM" button for a few second until the display shows "ALL RDM" instead of just "RDM".
Thanks mon'l. I'll try this out.

-Ravi
Old 8th May 2011, 20:56   #640
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from a very quick Bangalore-Madras-Bangalore trip, in my new (just 5 days old) Berry Red i20. Being a new car, drove between 80 to 100 kmph speed throughout and ensure not to cross 100. (though couple of times touched 110 unknowningly for very short time, in the stretch between Krishnagiri-Vellore )

Fuel Efficiency
Without A/c, got 19 kmpl
With A/c, got about 14.5 !!!

Happy with FE, Road grip and stability of the car. Steering, GearShift, Brakes are too good

With 41 degree celsius temperature in chennai yesterday, A/c managed to meet above expectations, but not great to say a WOW !

At times, felt 2nd gear is under powered and need to shift down to 1st gear for quick over taking.

With A/c full time in highways, felt the Accelerator pedal had a slight "Grrrr" type vibration, but didn't notice it in without a/c drive. Anyone else felt the same?

-Ravi
Old 8th May 2011, 21:36   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
You can just unscrew it - rotate it anti-clockwise to remove it and keep it in the boot when you park it at some conspicuous location. I've experienced that most of the times, the radio reception is quite good even without the antennae.
Thanks kalpeshc. Appreciate it. I can now keep the antenna in the boot .

-Ravi
Old 8th May 2011, 21:50   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fuel Efficiency
Without A/c, got 19 kmpl
With A/c, got about 14.5 !!!

Happy with FE, Road grip and stability of the car. Steering, GearShift, Brakes are too good
The other point which @Ganesan (I think) had mentioned is that when you go to Madras from Bangalore, you are going down the altitude (800m to sea level).

Then while coming back, you climb up. That is another thing which he felt can reduce the FE. So even if you put off the AC while coming back, you may not get the same FE even then.

Just a theory though, we need to confirm. But the point seems logical.

EDIT: Last but not least, congrats on the new car!

Last edited by ampere : 8th May 2011 at 21:51.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2011, 18:08   #643
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ampere

Couple of more things i observed in my drive last weekend.

1) When we switch on the Air conditioning in AUTO mode, the air circulation mode is not automatically set to circulate it within the car. I have to manually set it, to refresh and circulate the air within the car and not to circulate from outside.

2) In Bluetooth mode, every call i make or receive, the volume by default is set to maximum level ( 34 or 35 points ) and it really blasts in all the speakers of the car. It doesn't remember/retain the volume level set in current paired mode. For e.g., if i make a call and set the volume level to say 10 points, the next call i make or receive is not retained at 10 points, but defaults to max 34 or 35 points. Anyone knows how to make the volume level configured in blue tooth mode for calls?

-Ravi
Old 9th May 2011, 22:35   #644

Quote:
...Anyone knows how to make the volume level configured in blue tooth mode for calls?

-Ravi
The default volume of the speakers can be set using following method :

First press the SETUP and scroll down to Bluetooth Option and enter it.

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-bluetooth-menu.jpg

Then select the BT VOLUME option and enter it.
Here you can set the default volume level. It should do the trick.

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-bluetooth-menu-inside.jpg

P.S. These pictures were taken from cellphone. Can anyone comment on the quality?
I only take snaps like this to upload here and there. Should I buy a digicam?
mon'l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 11:11   #645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The default volume of the speakers can be set using following method :

First press the SETUP and scroll down to Bluetooth Option and enter it.

Attachment 542269

Then select the BT VOLUME option and enter it.
Here you can set the default volume level. It should do the trick.

Attachment 542270

P.S. These pictures were taken from cellphone. Can anyone comment on the quality?
I only take snaps like this to upload here and there. Should I buy a digicam?
Thanks a lot mon'l. Its very useful. Until i read the comment at end, didn't realize the snaps were taken from cellphone. They are really at good quality. Don't think, you need a digicam unless you like to click a lot

-Ravi

Most Viewed