Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2009, 00:11   #76
BHPian

Alarms -- I also want to know for the i20 I've just booked

Hi Wildon -- First of all thanks for detailed postings as yours and the the postings from JayD, AbhiJ, Appachan, DrasitKhanna, gotovamsee, flyingspur & many other members of this forum helped me narrow down & go ahead with booking an i20 Asta 1.2 Berry Red.

I had posted in the below "I Booked My Car Thread" on my booking along with few queries but doesn't look like you guys are checking that thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1580874

Would greatly appreciate if you & other experts / i20 Owners check that post and provide your advices / suggestions

[ Or should I actually create a new thread itself and post these queries to get good attention & responses - Any advice? ]

I would also like to know about the alarm -- did you manage to check with the service centre? Waiting for your update on that too.
Old 15th November 2009, 11:48   #77
BANNED

I' have checked up with the Service center in Bangalore. So far 1 person is keen to look into this. The only problem so far found is Immobilizer in i20 Asta. which is integrated. Its called as CAT2 system. The i20 needs to be upgrade CAT1 system in order to get the Alarm feature.

Checking on the International forum there is a Upgrade KIT available for i20 in the UK. But as far as the official in UK as well as the Service Guy is Bangalore they are not sure whether this is compactable to the Indian version of i20. What they are saying is the product line is different and so many option/circuitry are not included in the Indian version.

Any how i'm going to try for it.

In i20 Magna model Alarm installation is very easy as it doen't have the immobilizer feature.

Last edited by wildon : 15th November 2009 at 11:51.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:19   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanG View Post
Hi Wildon -- First of all thanks for detailed postings as yours and the the postings from JayD, AbhiJ, Appachan, DrasitKhanna, gotovamsee, flyingspur & many other members of this forum helped me narrow down & go ahead with booking an i20 Asta 1.2 Berry Red.

I had posted in the below "I Booked My Car Thread" on my booking along with few queries but doesn't look like you guys are checking that thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1580874

Would greatly appreciate if you & other experts / i20 Owners check that post and provide your advices / suggestions

[ Or should I actually create a new thread itself and post these queries to get good attention & responses - Any advice? ]

I would also like to know about the alarm -- did you manage to check with the service centre? Waiting for your update on that too.
Hi ShanG,

I think Flyingspur has replied to your queries. In case you have any more, you may send PM to me I am having i20 for last 5 months and driven 6500kms so far (3 real long drives). I would be more than happy to provide any inputs you need on i20.

Anuj
Old 18th November 2009, 01:27   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

In i20 Magna model Alarm installation is very easy as it doen't have the immobilizer feature.
Immobilizer feature is standard across all variants of i20 in India I think, for magna model the chip is inside the plastic head of the key.
Old 18th November 2009, 08:30   #80
BANNED

^^^
You are right. I think the integrated Keyless entry in the Asta model making the life difficult to do a After Market alarm installation. I have checked up with Autocop and they said they cant do it. Now i'm just waiting for the Reply from the dealer.
Old 18th November 2009, 10:35   #81
BHPian

Quote:
^^^
I think the integrated Keyless entry in the Asta model making the life difficult to do a After Market alarm installation. I have checked up with Autocop and they said they cant do it.
so does that mean we cant do any after market installation on itcant even Hyundai provide a solution,i mean something on the lines of an after-market solution?
Old 18th November 2009, 12:45   #82
BHPian

After market fit - Warranty Void

I had visited the accessories department @ sharayu Hyundai, inquired about the autocop options - none they said, as i20 has central locking fitted. I was also told my the dealer that if I fit any after market fittings it may void the warranty of the car. I'm still irritated with the central locking system not locking automatically, when the car is started.

The only option is to lock it manually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
so does that mean we cant do any after market installation on itcant even Hyundai provide a solution,i mean something on the lines of an after-market solution?
Old 18th November 2009, 12:48   #83
BANNED

Hyundai do provide a solution in UK. read this:-

Hyundai | Accessories | Technology

But here in India they are not responding to this particular query
Old 18th November 2009, 13:14   #84
BHPian

Security Upgrade

What does CAT 1 System add to the central locking? is it just the anti theft alarm ?

Are you planning to fit the same in your car (CAT 1 System) ? sourcing it from UK? That would be cool

Quote:
Hyundai do provide a solution in UK. read this:-

Hyundai | Accessories | Technology

But here in India they are not responding to this particular query
Old 18th November 2009, 14:23   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
What does CAT 1 System add to the central locking? is it just the anti theft alarm ?

Are you planning to fit the same in your car (CAT 1 System) ? sourcing it from UK? That would be cool
Yes i'm getting it from UK, But in much cheaper rate compared to the listed price in the Official Hyundai UK Site.

Regarding the Automatic Central locking/unlocking i have send the details with diagram (Official) to the dealer to have a look at it.

Also i got a friend in UK who bought i20 through the Govt.Scheme and successfully upgraded to CAT 1. So he is checking with his technician whether its possible with the Indian Version.
Old 18th November 2009, 16:07   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
I'm still irritated with the central locking system not locking automatically, when the car is started.
The only option is to lock it manually
It is a setting which can be altered.Ask your Service center to do it for you.I have got mine to lock automatically when crossing 40kmph.I was told you can even have the doors lock automatically at your preferred speed,say 20 instead of 40
Old 18th November 2009, 16:14   #87
BANNED

^^^^
I know it can be done. but the problem is that the Hyundai service guy in Bangalore not willing to do it.

Also can you tell me from which dealer you have got it done so these dumps can call them and learn how to do it

Last edited by wildon : 18th November 2009 at 16:24.
Old 18th November 2009, 16:36   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Also can you tell me from which dealer you have got it done so these dumps can call them and learn how to do it
Wildon,it was done at Suryabala Hyundai Coimbatore
Old 18th November 2009, 17:38   #89
BANNED

^^^ Charged up by reading your post I immediately rushed to the nearest Hyundai Service Center, Thankfully met a nice person this time, Spoke to him. Here comes the G-Scan tool and the feature is enabled.

Unfortunately it all happened before i take out my Cell phone to shoot. Now when the car reaches 40 Kmph all doors automatically get locked.

The other thing is when you unlock the door manually or remote , switches off the engine and remove the key, just wait for 20-30 seconds the doors again automatically locks.

I'm loving it.

Last edited by wildon : 18th November 2009 at 17:43.
Old 18th November 2009, 17:51   #90
BHPian

Great.
I am eagerly following your security system alarm info.Hope something positive comesup on that front

Most Viewed