Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:30   #181
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala_R View Post
Wildon,

I had checked with Sharayu motors, Navi Mumbai regarding changing the HU, since mine is a May, 2009 model 1.2 Asta. I was told that the HU will not be replaced. This is an issue & I am not supposed to eject the cd without ignition ON. I am trying to take up this issue with Hyundai.
Its a defective piece of equipment and they can't wash off their hands saying like that, shoot a mail to the customer care id of hyundai @

cr@hmil.net and CC to gsatish@hmil.net , ankitbahri@hmil.net

The defective HU's are equipped in those vehicles which were produced inbetween 15th October 2008 - 21st July 2009

If they still denies your claim don't hesitate to ask me the proof for the same so you can take this matter upwards.

Last edited by wildon : 3rd February 2010 at 11:40.
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:12   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its a defective piece of equipment and they can't wash off their hands saying like that, shoot a mail to the customer care id of hyundai @

cr@hmil.net and CC to gsatish@hmil.net , ankitbahri@hmil.net

The defective HU's are equipped in those vehicles which were produced inbetween 15th October 2008 - 21st July 2009

If they still denies your claim don't hesitate to ask me the proof for the same so you can take this matter upwards.
Thank you very much wildon,
I have already shot an email to their customer care id. I will forward the same mail to the other mail ids you have mentioned.
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:07   #183
BHPian

My i20 is March '09 manufactured. I dont have any problem with my HU so far, but are you saying if I eject the cd while ignition is off, my HU will start malfunctioning?

Quote:
Wildon,

I had checked with Sharayu motors, Navi Mumbai regarding changing the HU, since mine is a May, 2009 model 1.2 Asta. I was told that the HU will not be replaced. This is an issue & I am not supposed to eject the cd without ignition ON. I am trying to take up this issue with Hyundai.
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:03   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmshaw View Post
My i20 is March '09 manufactured. I dont have any problem with my HU so far, but are you saying if I eject the cd while ignition is off, my HU will start malfunctioning?
It will not malfunction. The fuse will pop. i.e. If you switch on your HU, it might not switch on. You will have to remove the fuse & again put it back for the HU to function.
Old 5th February 2010, 11:24   #185
BANNED

Quote:
It will not malfunction. The fuse will pop. i.e. If you switch on your HU, it might not switch on. You will have to remove the fuse & again put it back for the HU to function.
Hyundai called this as its " due to the audio assembly software malfunction "
Old 5th February 2010, 22:26   #186
BANNED

Update - Alarm and ECU Cover

Well the Alarm installation is done, but not active now as i have to counter check the wirings and a way to activate the same. There are some combination of numbers to be entered through pressing the switch provided. The fitting are done without cutting any kind of wires and person helped for this had lots of patience.

Regarding the ECU cover, Called the service guys and other 'good friends' and what they said was the cover is already providing for the VERNA model and i20 Diesel models and they have not received any info for fitting in to the i20 Petrol.
Any how the person promised me to give the ECU protection cover for my car by tomorrow or Monday.
Old 6th February 2010, 01:32   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Well the Alarm installation is done, but not active now as i have to counter check the wirings and a way to activate the same. There are some combination of numbers to be entered through pressing the switch provided. The fitting are done without cutting any kind of wires and person helped for this had lots of patience.
wow, thats great news.Now waiting for the final news when the Alaram is all done and working

Quote:
Regarding the ECU cover, Called the service guys and other 'good friends' and what they said was the cover is already providing for the VERNA model and i20 Diesel models and they have not received any info for fitting in to the i20 Petrol.
Any how the person promised me to give the ECU protection cover for my car by tomorrow or Monday.
If its been provided in i20 Diesel version,then Why isnt it provided in Petrol version Did u get any clarifications for the it?
Old 6th February 2010, 13:24   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for the good news & review.
Old 6th February 2010, 13:55   #189
BANNED

High pitch Horn

The ECU protection cover for the petrol version was not in stock and the service manager updated me the same in advance. I spoke to him regarding a high pitch horn and he said it can be done.

After lunch i head straight to the service center and High pitch horn added to the existing lower pitch one. Now the Horn sounds decent ..finally

Cost - Horn Assy- High Pitch - Rs.208.85
Labour+fitting - 250
Including service tax Total - 511.00

Update on Alarm:-

Some of the connection i made and one by one testing it out. Initially there was no beep sound came. I opened the bonnet , cranked the engine,then switched off the engine and removed the keys and there it comes ......

There were 3 beep sounds and Headlights plus indicators flashed... now later i will be testing the door protection connections and update you the same.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2010, 14:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Totally amazing info and great job on the regular updates!

I too got the 'Auto-lock @40kph' activated etc.
and got the 'Rheostat illumination control' fitted!

I had to literally persuade the guys that they connect the 'G-Scan' tool and I'll take care of the rest!

Thanks man!
It wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for your regular updates and pics!
Old 6th February 2010, 15:16   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Totally amazing info and great job on the regular updates!

I too got the 'Auto-lock @40kph' activated etc.
and got the 'Rheostat illumination control' fitted!

I had to literally persuade the guys that they connect the 'G-Scan' tool and I'll take care of the rest!

Thanks man!
It wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for your regular updates and pics!
Hi Sohail, I also have got the auto locking enabled from Rishabh Hyundai itself, but where did you get the "Rheostat illumination control" fitted from in Delhi?
Rishabh Hyundai guys have no knowledge on this and on contacting Hyundai Motor Plaza, they politely refused, you had to pre-order or just went in and got it done? Also let me know the complete price (including labour + Taxes) and time taken to install the part.
Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 12:12   #192
BHPian

Changing HU

Hi wildon,

I'm planning to change the stock HU in my i20 magna,will it void the warranty?
As per the dealer if you do any changes including alloy wheels will result into warranty void,you ideas on this?
Old 10th February 2010, 14:51   #193

Quote:
The ECU protection cover for the petrol version was not in stock and the service manager updated me the same in advance. I spoke to him regarding a high pitch horn and he said it can be done.

After lunch i head straight to the service center and High pitch horn added to the existing lower pitch one. Now the Horn sounds decent ..finally

Labour+fitting - 250

Update on Alarm:-

Some of the connection i made and one by one testing it out. Initially there was no beep sound came. I opened the bonnet , cranked the engine,then switched off the engine and removed the keys and there it comes ......

There were 3 beep sounds and Headlights plus indicators flashed... now later i will be testing the door protection connections and update you the same.

Hi Wildon...you've mentioned that u got the high pitch horn added to the existing one, which we all agree is pretty much dead n buried... did they cut the horn wire to add the second horn ? I might be wrong, but the i20 doesnt have a relay for 2 horns... I was told at Hyundai Motor Plaza that I can change the existing horn without cutting any wires but cant add another one... thanx..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Also Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th February 2010 at 16:26. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
fusion123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 16:16   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Labour+fitting - 250
I was charged only Rs.100 for labour for the same job, just FYI. No biggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion123 View Post
Hi Wildon...you've mentioned that u got the high pitch horn added to the existing one, which we all agree is pretty much dead n buried... did they cut the horn wire to add the second horn ? I might be wrong, but the i20 doesnt have a relay for 2 horns... I was told at Hyundai Motor Plaza that I can change the existing horn without cutting any wires but cant add another one... thanx..
There is a relay in the car already. So go to Hyundai and get it done, or go to an accessory shop and pick out a Bosch / Hella whatever and get it installed. No cutting wires since relay's already there.
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2010, 22:12   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion123 View Post
No cutting.... they looped it from the existing low pitch horn with proper clips.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks