Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:05   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Dude @Webblescott ur ride looks Drop dead Gorgeous man, AWESOME!!

CRDI ASTA WITH SUNROOF, 15" ALLOYS WITH YOKOHOMA RUBBER, TINT.......COULD U POSSIBLY WANT ANYTHING MORE??
Thanx buddy, Hmmm yes i guess i need to have a complete music system Preferably PIONEER 2din and my steering controls work for me on this pioneer.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:17   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
@webblescott :-

Could you post pictures showing the width of the tyre?

Pictures of tyre width ... chk it out
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-10.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-11.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2010, 15:55   #288
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
Hyundai better do something about the weak a/c. After tinting the side and rear windows, how does the a/c perform?
Well, my car has premium 3M sun film and still it is path...........
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:56   #289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I was wondering whether its possible to get colored interiors like the one in the pic attached
I think its only available for the export models.

Also have you noticed the following , and rear middle seat head rest too.
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-hyundaii20.jpg
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:47   #290
Senior - BHPian

Yup! but I was interested in only the seat covers + the door arm rest colors!!

and yes these pics are of the euro spec model!

If the export models are made here, maybe we can get em fitted with the help of a few connections!
(they are making them here!)

check these out! they had me like 'Wow!'
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-hyundaii20_3door_2009_800x600_wallpaper_17.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 26th April 2010, 22:20   #291
rbp
BHPian

Hey guys the second service report of my car is ready, check out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1857071
Old 26th April 2010, 22:33   #292
BANNED

Update - Steering rattle and A/C

Entire day wasted at the Service center. Last Friday SA informed me that the Column & Shaft Assembly - Upper Part (Part No.563101J990) has arrived. I have confirmed him that i ll reach the service center on Monday morning. On Friday i personal saw the part which has arrived and which was sealed.

Reached the Service center on time, from morning till lunch time nothing happened as my car kept parked . I took lunch and came back only to see that its been kept there. Met the SA and SM again and asked the reason , and all they say was the work will be carried out. Few more hours passed, they took the car in and all i could see was one mechanic was tuning the steering wheel left to right .

Called the SA again and he told me something different now. They are going to change the Yoke Pad , Yoke Spring , 2 bushes and not going to change the Column Assembly now. Waited for some more time and nothing happened. This time SA said they don't have that part with them now and it has to arrive from their other service center. Frankly i felt something fishy.

He suggested me to take car back to home now and return it when he confirms the availability of the required parts.

Regarding the A/C , the measuring equipment was not working and the new equipment is supposed to arrive in the next day. Mean time i got a call from Hyundai Chennai regarding the A/C issue asking whether i received any call from the dealer for the same. All i replied was i'm at their service center and the equipment is not working for testing the A/C grill temperature. Checked a i20 Magna A/c and felt its same as the Asta level cooling. I'm sure nothing going to be done from dealers end and the fact is that I have to live with it.

Quote:
My conclusion about its A/C performance - Very Poor for a Premium Hatch. Our 10 year old SANTRO gives a better cooling than i20.
I also inquired about the black dust forming on the wheels and SA shown me a TSB from Hyundai explains the same. All they are saying in the TSB is, its normal and not required to change any parts related to the same under warranty.

Also forgot to add one more thing, My car was dragging towards left when braking and wheel balancing/alignment has done to correct this. I have to check this alignment again with another shop. Can any one suggest a good shop for Wheel alignment please.

Last edited by wildon : 26th April 2010 at 22:42. Reason: more info.
Old 26th April 2010, 23:54   #293
Senior - BHPian

Wildon have you ever felt slight vibrations in the seat when the car is idle? I was stuck in a jam in my bro's i20 and could feel the seat vibrating. On pressing the accelerator (in neutral), the vibrations stopped but returned when the RPM came back to normal.
Old 26th April 2010, 23:57   #294
BANNED

Which seat ? driver or front passenger?

For me no vibrations noticed in any of the seats. Is it Diesel or Petrol?
Old 27th April 2010, 03:29   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Wildon have you ever felt slight vibrations in the seat when the car is idle? I was stuck in a jam in my bro's i20 and could feel the seat vibrating. On pressing the accelerator (in neutral), the vibrations stopped but returned when the RPM came back to normal.

I faced the exact same issue in my SX4 last year and you witnessed it yourself. I'll suggest that you go to HASS and get the lower engine mount tightened / adjusted or changed under warranty and that should solve the issue. That how my car's seats stopped vibrating.
Old 28th April 2010, 00:10   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Which seat ? driver or front passenger?

For me no vibrations noticed in any of the seats. Is it Diesel or Petrol?
It's Petrol and the seat in concern is that of the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I faced the exact same issue in my SX4 last year and you witnessed it yourself. I'll suggest that you go to HASS and get the lower engine mount tightened / adjusted or changed under warranty and that should solve the issue. That how my car's seats stopped vibrating.
How can I forget the full scale investigation at your end. I shall check with them at the 10k service.
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:26   #297
rbp
BHPian

ECU problem in my car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1865826
Old 5th May 2010, 19:42   #298
BHPian

Wildon - Anyone please help???

Iphone, iPod does not connect in my i20. It keeps going ON off ON off ON off!!

What is the problem here? Anyone tried an I in the i20 yet? Also, the stereo resetting to USB mode after 6-8 times of blowing HORN is still persistent and dont know what to do.

I got the Skoda horns fixed from Satya about 3 months back and it started with it.

Wildon sorry for asking these in your thread!!
Old 5th May 2010, 20:04   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Iphone, iPod does not connect in my i20. It keeps going ON off ON off ON off!!
You connect via USB or aux?

Quote:
Also, the stereo resetting to USB mode after 6-8 times of blowing HORN is still persistent and dont know what to do.
That is just ridiculous. It's one of those frustrating things which is so bizarre that makes you go "why me?"...
Old 6th May 2010, 00:02   #300
Senior - BHPian

My ipod works pretty well with my system... and I have non standard horns on the car as well...

I use the standard ipod cable..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks