Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 20:35   #331
rbp
BHPian

I was on my way today to see my son in Shimoga. I had just crossed the first toll gate near Nelmangala and the dreaded malfunction lamp came up again, with sudden loss of power, this is the second time this has come up. Parked the car on the road side and reset the ECU, by disconnecting the battery. The issue went away, but I did not want to take risk on a 1000km trip and had to cancel the trip. I am taking the car to the service center tomorrow. I dunno what the A.S.S guys are gonna do, the last time they plugged in their analyzer software nothing was detected, if they say the same tomorrow, I am gonna blast those guys, I am not taking the car back, what's the point in taking the car if this damn thing keeps on reoccurring again and again, with these guys unable to detect anything.

I am loosing hopes on this car and brand. Hardly six months old and I am loosing confidence in taking the car on long journeys.

Looks like this is my last Hyundai.
Old 5th June 2010, 16:04   #332
BHPian

Does anyone have rattling noise from rear left outside ?

Guys, Does any one have issues with rattling noise from rear right soutside of your car on a bumby roads ? In my first 1000km steering column rattling started, after a 500 more km this rear right side rattling started, And on my first service they messed up with my Seat belt Chime, Even after wearing the seat belt still its beeping, sometimes goes off, sometimes again coming up, Took back to service center, They said they will check with G Scan and let me know, I am waiting, and the conclusion is that they cannot find anything wrong, we only do the "Restore Default settings" with G Scan, may be it could be any of the seat belt buckle issue etc, We need to have a detailed check up.

I said sorry for now and left the APCO service center Kasaragod. Guys please suggest me good service center in Bangalore where i can claim for my steering column complaint and fix all my other issues in my next service.
Old 5th June 2010, 22:21   #333
BHPian

Hi,

I have an issue with a slight/not often rattle from under the dash/steering column too...but the rattle is felt only when I am negotiating extremely bumpy/pothole ridden stretch...otherwise I have no such issues so far. My Sportzy has touched 1700 KM mark in just about 15 days.

and i20 Gurus...please tell me if my sportzy is giving me good mileage...

I got a return of 18.5 KM to a litre (full highway, 50% A/c) when I checked today. I checked using the usual method of filling the tank to the brim and driving for some distance and topping the fuel again. I did 350 KMs in 19 litres of petrol.

And also the car was fully loaded with 5 adults + my 3 yr old son and luggage that filled the boot.

I have taken some snaps of the trip...will upload the photos and write a detailed ownership experience and this trip's experience in travelogue.

please tell me if my sportzy is giving me a good mileage.

cheers!
Old 6th June 2010, 16:09   #334
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
if it is a minor scratch there's nothing to worry. there is a 3-4 inch rubber strip attached to the bottom of the front bumper which cleans all the road-humps well. most of the time, it is that one which is touching the humps
Just realised today that my car, the BSIV version does not have this rubber strip at all !!!
Old 6th June 2010, 23:01   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I was on my way today to see my son in Shimoga. I had just crossed the first toll gate near Nelmangala and the dreaded malfunction lamp came up again, with sudden loss of power, this is the second time this has come up. Parked the car on the road side and reset the ECU, by disconnecting the battery. The issue went away, but I did not want to take risk on a 1000km trip and had to cancel the trip. I am taking the car to the service center tomorrow. I dunno what the A.S.S guys are gonna do, the last time they plugged in their analyzer software nothing was detected, if they say the same tomorrow, I am gonna blast those guys, I am not taking the car back, what's the point in taking the car if this damn thing keeps on reoccurring again and again, with these guys unable to detect anything.

I am loosing hopes on this car and brand. Hardly six months old and I am loosing confidence in taking the car on long journeys.

Looks like this is my last Hyundai.
Hi,

I think you need to get your vehicle to good Hyundai service center. If it does not work, may be you can write to Hyundai. It may be the faulty electricals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Krish View Post
Hi,

I have an issue with a slight/not often rattle from under the dash/steering column too...but the rattle is felt only when I am negotiating extremely bumpy/pothole ridden stretch...otherwise I have no such issues so far. My Sportzy has touched 1700 KM mark in just about 15 days.

and i20 Gurus...please tell me if my sportzy is giving me good mileage...

I got a return of 18.5 KM to a litre (full highway, 50% A/c) when I checked today. I checked using the usual method of filling the tank to the brim and driving for some distance and topping the fuel again. I did 350 KMs in 19 litres of petrol.

And also the car was fully loaded with 5 adults + my 3 yr old son and luggage that filled the boot.

I have taken some snaps of the trip...will upload the photos and write a detailed ownership experience and this trip's experience in travelogue.

please tell me if my sportzy is giving me a good mileage.

cheers!
Hi,

I think for Petrol its quite good FE. Enjoy your new car and drive safe.

Anuj
Old 10th July 2010, 15:20   #336
BANNED

RDS in Indian Hyundai i20 HU

I was able to change my HU region to Europe, so the RDS feature was enabled. It's nice to see your Local FM station name too in the Display.

But i was not able to reproduce the combination until today for the benefit of others ..

1. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.

2. Now you can see the display in MID as VER M58 S71 D29, immediately press button 6 so you can see your present region as General in MID.

3. Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe to change the region to Europe and Press/Push the Knob, now you can see the display as area changed.

4. Switch ON the HU by Press/push the Power Button and press the SETUP button, Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe and enable the features you want and press/push the knob to store the settings.

I'll be adding a video soon.

Note: when you press only 1FF and 6 it shows a different Version display like
VER M08 S71 D29, in which you cannot enter the setup.

There are other parameters can be changed after you enter the setup, but its not worth it, so i'm not mentioning here.

Last edited by Eddy : 10th July 2010 at 20:13. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 10th July 2010, 17:05   #337
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I was able to change my HU region to Europe, so the RDS feature was enabled. It's nice to see your Local FM station name too in the Display.

But i was not able to reproduce the combination until today for the benefit of others ..

1. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.

2. Now you can see the display in MID as VER M58 S71 D29, immediately press button 6 so you can see your present region as General in MID.

3. Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe to change the region to Europe and Press/Push the Knob, now you can see the display as area changed.

4. Switch ON the HU by Press/push the Power Button and press the SETUP button, Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe and enable the features you want and press/push the knob to store the settings.

I'll be adding a video soon.

Note: when you press only 1FF and 6 it shows a different Version display like
VER M08 S71 D29, in which you cannot enter the setup.

There are other parameters can be changed after you enter the setup, but its not worth it, so i'm not mentioning here.
Tried it and failed miserably. Most of the times got this ER M08 S71 D29. Eagerly waiting for your video.

did u check out the new i20's, they have auto closing mirrors, as soon as you lock the car the mirrors close automatically, nice feature.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th July 2010 at 21:43. Reason: Point #1 in quote changed.
Old 10th July 2010, 17:14   #338
BHPian

Quote:
did u check out the new i20's, they have auto closing mirrors, as soon as you lock the car the mirrors close automatically, nice feature.
I terribly missed this. I really wanted this. Is there anyhow we can get it done on the older versions ?
Old 10th July 2010, 17:19   #339
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by senindra View Post
I terribly missed this. I really wanted this. Is there anyhow we can get it done on the older versions ?
Only Wildon can answer this question. Where are you magic man?
Old 10th July 2010, 18:19   #340
BANNED

Method is same for old and new i20's . The only difference will be the Firmware version numbers.

My camera battery is in charging mode now. and will update with a video in an hours time.

Regarding auto mirror closing, this is first time i'm hearing it, will have a check on that.

Last edited by wildon : 10th July 2010 at 18:21.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:10   #341
BANNED

Update:- There was an error in my post please read the first point as this

Last edited by wildon : 10th July 2010 at 20:23.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:04   #342
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Update:- There was an error in my post please read the first point as this

in

Finally got it working. It managed to search three stations Radio City, Mirchi and one more.

Now if you could get the auto mirror closing puzzle cracked, that would be great.
Old 11th July 2010, 14:17   #343
BANNED

Quote:
Method is same for old and new i20's . The only difference will be the Firmware version numbers.

My camera battery is in charging mode now. and will update with a video in an hours time.

Regarding auto mirror closing, this is first time i'm hearing it, will have a check on that.
Hi Wildon You got a wonderful car and i just love i20s dash and quality of interiors ,BTW what cam do you use? I saw the first set of pics in page 1 and looks awesome with clarity.
Old 11th July 2010, 16:43   #344
BANNED

Thank you,

Its a SONY DSC-H3, 8.1 Mega Pixel, with 10x Optical Zoom
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-sony.jpg  

Old 11th July 2010, 18:01   #345
BANNED

Quote:
in

Finally got it working. It managed to search three stations Radio City, Mirchi and one more.

Now if you could get the auto mirror closing puzzle cracked, that would be great.
If it is possible also, you need to visit the Service center to activate it. First let me check this feature.

Here is the Video

Most Viewed