Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2010, 18:56   #376
BANNED

if you purchased the Asta (o) then you will get 6 airbags or if its Asta you get 2 front airbags.

I don't know the present model feature as some offers only driver side airbag.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:31   #377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Unfortunately the problem still exists after applying grease, yoke pad, yoke spring , steering rack/column changes. The problem is reported in various forums.
On my i20 too, first they tried installing the urethane yoke pad, it didn't work, so they changed the steering rack. The sound was not there for a while but returned. Then recently they said they will replace the steering rack and tie-rod assembly.

The service centre claimed that the steering rack and tie rod assembly is the one that is being fitted on the new BS IV variants. The assembly has been tried and tested and the sound will not return on my car(which is a Sep 2009 BSIII Kappa Asta). So far, the rattling sound hasn't come back and I hope it stays that way.

They also claimed that the new BS IV variant does not have this rattling sound.
Old 25th July 2010, 13:41   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
2nd service scheduled in 2 days, will be taken for a ride?
Thanks Wildon,
lets see, Can ask Question for what if its not solved.
Urethane pad/spring fitted in steering rack, saw the nut where they said they'd put this. No ratting on test drive or ride back home.

So lets see, as a long trip coming up shortly.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:25   #379
BHPian

I have a question for you Wildon. I wanted to know if you have tried using an external hard drive with the i20. The thing is that my wife was looking for options for her music on her upcoming i20. I did a google search and come across this. One of the users has confirmed that his 350GB WD External Drive works with the i20. However, I would appreciate if you can confirm the same.

Also, if you have a link to download the user manual for the i20, please provide it here.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:54   #380
BANNED

^^ I have not used any so can't confirm it.

Regarding the user manual it already posted here.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:29   #381
BHPian

Wildon, casually visited the Advaith Hyundai showroom yesterday. The service adviser told me that they have got some communication from hyundai about installing the urethane pads in the steering racks and that it would solve the steering rattling issue. When i will get the car serviced next time(within a month) i will get that pad installed in my i10.

Remember, the issue is there in i10 as well!

Also, spoke to my sales consultant and he was telling that last month around 70 i10s were sold by the dealership and believe it or not, 60 i20s were sold!!

That is a great number for this beauty.

My dad(in my native Karkala) got an offer on Friday from Hyundai dealership in Udupi: Sell our old 2002 Santro LP for 1,50,000 and also get some 16k off on i10 i.e., They offered 1,35,000 for the santro plus 15,000 exchange bonus if he bought an i10.

But i convinced him to buy the i20. He has now booked the i20 Magna Berry Red. Just can't wait to get that beauty home!
(Yes, i am aware of AC issues, but i would like to try using AC in manual mode only. Plus i asked the sales consultant yesterday and he said only 2 out of 100 costumers have come back with AC issues and that was probably because the gas needed replacement/refill or something)

Did Gas refill/replacement do any good to your AC?

Also, this AC issue, is this relevant to all i20s or to the ones with Automatic climate Control?
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:06   #382
Senior - BHPian

guys,

came across this link, where there is a HUD - heads up Display on the i20. how did he get this done?

link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...undai-i20.html
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:08   #383
BANNED

3rd Free Service Update @ 13000+

My car crossed 13000+ K.m and this month its completing its one year.

Fixed up an appointment for service through S.A one day before and given my car for the service. the complaints were,

1. The famous Steering rattle.
2. Checking of A/C air filter for any problem with the cooling as i felt in summer time.
3. some noise which is coming out from the rear left side suspension when it goes over big humps.

The S.A listened patiently, noted down everything and introduced me to his new manager. As a procedure i repeated the same to him and he promised everything will be sorted out.

When i was talking to them i have learned that there is a person from Hyundai , Chennai came on that day for the inspection and auditing. I have asked the S.M whether i could meet him to have a 1-1 discussion.

15 min later i have granted permission to meet the Hyundai person. We had a little discussion about the problems i'm facing with the car and he noted down everything on his diary. He asked me wait for sometime so he can go through the service history of my car.

It was a nice discussion and he called up the S.M. They had a little chat and later decided to go for a test drive in my car.

I took the driving seat, Hyundai person sat on the front passenger seat and the S.M at back seat.

I was driving half way and later the Hyundai person (H.P) took charge of the wheel.We came back after the test drive and H.P told he will do everything to sort out the issues.

The same day evening i got call from A.S.S saying that they have ordered the part and the same will be arriving the next day.

The next day i have called up the S.A and he updated that the ordered part indeed arrived they will be starting the work. I was not able follow up that day as i was busy with work.

The next day i have called up and the S.A told me it has been fixed and i can have a look if i wish. I didn't want miss that opportunity and reached the A.S.S. They have shown me the part which is fixed

Its GEAR ASSEMBLY - STEERING, Part No:565001J950

Here is how the replace part will look like

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-sga1.jpg
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-sga.jpg

The S.A updated me that as soon as they finish the complete fittings and other normal service which is there for the 3rd service i can have test drive. I returned happily and head back to home.

The next day after noon i have received the call from A.S.S and told my car is ready for a test drive. I took time from office and reached the A.S.S. Me and S.A took out the car and i had a test drive.

I took the car to the testing track (There are lot of unpaved road in O.R.Road now a days) and very much satisfied with the results. No rattling sounds at all. The steering was smooth too.

Now that has been sorted out, I have asked the S.A whether this rattling will come back after some run? and he was just smiling. Lets see how the car progress after some run. A long trip is pending !

Returned the car back as Tire rotation and other little things to be completed. S.A told me that i can collect the car by evening.

6.30 p.m today i have reached the A.S.S again the car was ready. Its clean inside out, Checked everything, Paid the Bill and drove back home with a smile.

Here is the Break-up of charges.

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-3rd-service-charges.jpg

Last edited by wildon : 2nd August 2010 at 21:21.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:24   #384
Senior - BHPian

It would be great if this part you've mentioned actually turns out to be the one thing that can make those steering rattles go away. Lets see how it goes. Trust you will keep us updated.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:36   #385
BANNED

Will surely keep you guys updated. Also i'm not sure whether my problem is little different as,

when my steering wheel was at the extreme left position, then i was going a little right and left there was a clicking noise too from the steering.

This was different from the steering rattle sound.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:01   #386
BHPian

Oh No

Wildon,I sincerely hope this part change solves the steering rattle in your car.

In my case,this was the part which was replaced at HMP,Chennai.With that the sound was gone and I was very happy,until it returned back after the next 1000 odd km's

I havent been anywhere near the car now for the last 6 months,but my brother told me yesterday it still has that rattle while driving over bad roads (That steering rattle makes its presence felt only while driving over bad roads)
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:30   #387
BANNED

^^
Thanks for that update, Let my car run some k.m's. Meantime i will be looking at Hyundai guys whether they are coming with any new solutions.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:02   #388
Senior - BHPian

I had my steering column changed at around 8000 to 9000 kms due to the same rattling sound.

My car has now done 12500 kms and the sound is back audibly. I called the service centre today, and the S.A. has called for my car tomorrow. Lets see what they do this time....

How much money is Hyundai going to loose if they keep giving every customer 2 steering columns / yr??
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:54   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Wildon, casually visited the Advaith Hyundai showroom yesterday. The service adviser told me that they have got some communication from hyundai about installing the urethane pads in the steering racks and that it would solve the steering rattling issue. When i will get the car serviced next time(within a month) i will get that pad installed in my i10.

Remember, the issue is there in i10 as well!

My dad(in my native Karkala) got an offer on Friday from Hyundai dealership in Udupi: Sell our old 2002 Santro LP for 1,50,000 and also get some 16k off on i10 i.e., They offered 1,35,000 for the santro plus 15,000 exchange bonus if he bought an i10.

But i convinced him to buy the i20. He has now booked the i20 Magna Berry Red. Just can't wait to get that beauty home!
(Yes, i am aware of AC issues, but i would like to try using AC in manual mode only. Plus i asked the sales consultant yesterday and he said only 2 out of 100 costumers have come back with AC issues and that was probably because the gas needed replacement/refill or something)

Did Gas refill/replacement do any good to your AC?

Also, this AC issue, is this relevant to all i20s or to the ones with Automatic climate Control?
Wildon, any comments on my doubts about the urethane pads and AC related query?
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:07   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Will surely keep you guys updated. Also i'm not sure whether my problem is little different as,

when my steering wheel was at the extreme left position, then i was going a little right and left there was a clicking noise too from the steering.

This was different from the steering rattle sound.

same clicking noise here!

Most Viewed