Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:31   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
My car crossed 13000+ K.m and this month its completing its one year.
=====================
Attachment 398215
Hi Wildon first of all thanks for the information.

One question, i am also facing this steering rattling noise, My second service will due in September, So the part which is mentioned above should be replaced to get rid of rattling noise or its something else ?

Please respond. thnx
Old 3rd August 2010, 12:34   #392
BHPian

Does the new generation BSIV models also have this problem? I am talking about the one having the silver integrated audio console.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:06   #393
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Wildon, any comments on my doubts about the urethane pads and AC related query?
At present Hyundai is doing a Trial and Error method, so far they have failed to rectify this completely.

Regarding A/C i had problems in last summer, presently Bangalore climate is cool , so no problems with the A/C. Will have to wait for the next summer for the conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
same clicking noise here!
Have you gone to the A.S.S for this, what did they suggested to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi Wildon first of all thanks for the information.

One question, i am also facing this steering rattling noise, My second service will due in September, So the part which is mentioned above should be replaced to get rid of rattling noise or its something else ?

Please respond. thnx
Its depends, they are trying with changing one or other parts. For some it may the Yoke pad and some it may be the steering gear box assembly etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Does the new generation BSIV models also have this problem? I am talking about the one having the silver integrated audio console.
The latest i20 Sportz model also reported this problem. Don't whether its a BS-IV or not.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:29   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Have you gone to the A.S.S for this, what did they suggested to you?

I noticed this for the last month. I shall take this up during my 3rd service due this month.
Old 4th August 2010, 17:46   #395
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the b-pillar blackening, I was thinking of getting Carbon fiber vinyl films! - Carbon Fiber Vinyl

Anyone used these kind of films before? Manufacturer assures 3+ yrs of non fading etc.

Anyways, Wildon - I was looking at the alarm system that you put in. Is sourcing that from Eur is the only way to get it?

(OT- And since they make Eur spec i20 here, isnt the DTE thing available with them?(Factory) they should be putting it in the Eur spec models and exporting them.)
Old 5th August 2010, 07:24   #396
BANNED

^^
Stick to Black Vinyl - Mat finish

My Alarm set is not fully working, I advise you to not to purchase it.

DTE -The only thing they have to change is the Trip Computer Unit . Rest of the wirings are already present.

I wish Hyundai India could given us an option to upgrade at a nominal cost.

Euro Spec i20's were assembling in Chennai, now they shifted that to Turkey Plant.

Last edited by wildon : 5th August 2010 at 07:43.
Old 5th August 2010, 15:55   #397
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I have a question for you Wildon. I wanted to know if you have tried using an external hard drive with the i20. The thing is that my wife was looking for options for her music on her upcoming i20. I did a google search and come across this. One of the users has confirmed that his 350GB WD External Drive works with the i20. However, I would appreciate if you can confirm the same.
I have been using my 320 Gig HDD and it does work but the flip side
1) it takes a good 5 mins to detect (scan through the disk)
2) If you switch off the car, it doesn't remember where it stopped last and you are again waiting for 5 mins :-).. to hear the music again ... in fact any flash drive above 2 GB, it does not remember.

@kalpeshc: I have the BSIV Asta done 2600 kms ( I do hear some stray rattling noises which has started recently) coming in some bad patches.. I need to be a bit sure though that it IS the steering column!

@Wildon: I am in 2 minds going for the Extended Service option. What's your take on this ???

Last edited by @ri : 5th August 2010 at 16:01.
Old 5th August 2010, 18:26   #398
BANNED

^^ I have taken OPTION -1 which is 3rd Year Extended Warranty (from my date of delivery to 3rd year or up to 60000 Kms. whichever occurs first.)

* However, to case the vehicle is driven for more than 60000 kms in the first two years itself, this 3rd &4th year extended warranty will get lapsed.
Old 6th August 2010, 13:06   #399
BANNED

Airconditioner Temperature Unit Conversion
Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 119598
Size:  244.8 KB

Turn the key ON (Till the dash board lights illuminates)

Press and Hold OFF Button then Auto Button , the display changes from °C to °F. Repeat the same to Change back to °C.

Although for Indians its not useful.
Old 14th August 2010, 00:18   #400
BHPian

Had my 3rd service at Talwar hyundai -hyderabad.I have asked for that auto lock at 40 kph.Service agent was not aware of that feature and asked for other mechanic who said that it may be for asta.mine is magna.is that true?even though i know this feature long back,i was so lazy to get it done ,now i really feel of setting this.
Gonna complete 1 year by the end of this month.clocked 9600 kms till now
I too feel ac is not effective especially in the summer.Also i hear cabin noise(not rattling) while driving at 20-30 speed on bad roads,didn't felt the same in other cars.I am not sure if this is my illusion or a known issue

apart from this niggles,car is absolute delight to drive
Old 14th August 2010, 08:44   #401
BANNED

It can be activated in Manga too as it has 5dr Central locking system.
Old 14th August 2010, 12:34   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy@Hyd View Post
Had my 3rd service at Talwar hyundai -hyderabad.I have asked for that auto lock at 40 kph.Service agent was not aware of that feature and asked for other mechanic who said that it may be for asta.mine is magna.is that true?even though i know this feature long
I got this done in my Magna in first service itself,take it to some other service center who has knowledge about this.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:02   #403
BHPian

I am using 32GB Flash Disk Transcend U.S.A, and i am not having any trouble in playing the track from the place where i stopped even after switching off and On my vehicle

[quote=@ri;2012823]I have been using my 320 Gig HDD and it does work but the flip side
1) it takes a good 5 mins to detect (scan through the disk)
2) If you switch off the car, it doesn't remember where it stopped last and you are again waiting for 5 mins :-).. to hear the music again ... in fact any flash drive above 2 GB, it does not remember.
Old 18th August 2010, 21:07   #404
BHPian

Completed a year in July with all the timed services. Have completed 13K KMS.

Job's done:
Tyre Rotation additional apart from the service required.

Issues from before and now:

- Rattling noise from Steering (increased now)
- Stereo still re-sets when horn is blown (if it is on USB/CD mode) I have noticed it happens more frequently in higher speeds or RPM's. Service advisor tells me to use Aux in cable for Ipod or Iphone and check or it might be fault of the plug-in console which I seriously doubt.
- Small noises inside the cabin.
- Even with this temperature in Bangalore, tyre pressure keeps reducing by 1-2 psi within a week. Wonder why?
- Skoda horns gone kaput in 6 months, changing them this weekend to Hella or something else.
- Wiper blades leaving a few lines and no clean swipes - have to get these replaced.

Any advice will be appreciated??
Old 19th August 2010, 08:16   #405
BANNED

Rattling Noise - Go for a check up and find out what they say this time.
Stereo - Have u tried a different cable
Noise from Cabin - Can tell more about this please
Tyre Pressure - Do you drive daily or once in week sort of....
Blades - Do you have a closed parking or its open and exposed to the sun?

Most Viewed