Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 10:12   #421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Seems like the steering issue is present mostly on 2009 models. Any 2010 owners facing issues with the rattling?

Yes i own 2010 March Asta (O), Still am having rattling noise which is started at 1000km in my odo
Old 28th September 2010, 11:03   #422
@ri
BHPian

I have an April 2010 BSIV variant. I get some clack clack noise (guess from the steering column) but not sure at all. Maybe sometime some of us (BHPians in B'lore owning i20s could meet up). Would really love to show my car to the experts before my 2nd Service and make sure the problems are addressed.
Old 1st October 2010, 21:56   #423
BHPian

Second Service Carried out for my Uber

This mornming i have taken my i20 to Apco Service Center in Kasaragod, Luckily my old service center manager incharge is back on duty.I was suppose to get it done either from Mangalore or Bangalore, but due to present road's situation thought of doing it from kasaragod itself.

Manager took a test drive and convinced with the below mentioned complaints:

1) Slight Rattling Noise from steering column
2) Noise from Dash Board Wrack (i must say from the HU)
3) A/C cooling issue in after noon time (ECM Re Programming)
4) Requested for a ECU Rubber cover
5) Enquired about Auto Locking at 40km/hr speed, He was not aware of that so i suggested him to go through the Gscan thing or Speak to any other Branches and get it done for me. He said he will do the best.

Apart from this complaints, Engine oil, Oil Filter, Diesel Filter, Air Filter will be replaced and Approx 3920 INR will be the charges.

Rcvd my uber back after second service by evening 5pm.

Please find the break down of Second Service Charges:

Engine Oil Crdi - 1058.72
Service Kit oil Filter - 348.39
Filter Catridge - 1765.04
Filter Air Cleaner - 306.39
Bush - Guide Rod - 31.07
VAT 12.5% - 443.26
-----------------------------
Total - INR 3952.87

Wheel Alignment was done from WHEEL BASE Kasaragod @ INR 250
Tyres filled with Nitrogen @ INR 100

- Steering column Noise fixed by placing YOKE PLUG (Not Urethane pad) and YOKE SPRING He said the plug will stop the noise completely and will not re-occur again. (Will wait and See)

Also they used some special white coloured Greesing for the MDPS. Overall Now the steering is Perfect.

- Noise from the Dash Board Also fixed by adjusting some cables from the Head Unit.

- Autolock at 40km/hr speed and Auto Unlock while removing the key from the ignition has been Enabled. Enjoying it...

- ECM Reprogrammed for A/C Perfection Enhancement. (Will check tommorrow afternoon if its the same or any changes ?)

- ECU cover was not in stock, Not only that they said as per circular from the Head Office my Vin number is not included in that list. (Dont know whats the game)

Anyhow so far 98% Satisfied.
Old 3rd October 2010, 22:09   #424
BANNED

15,000 K.M Update

Done a BLR-Chennai-BLR and my car crossed 15,000 K.M today. Bangalore to Chennai drive was a spirited one and got a mileage of 13.42kmpl. The roads were empty as last Thursday was a declared holiday due to the Ayodhya issue verdict. I reached the destination door step in 5 hrs.

Had driven through some unpaved roads in chennai and found out Rattling is back . Also "click" sound coming while turning the steering wheel from quick left to right. At present decided to wait longer so it can be audible to the S.E/S.M

While returning back to Bangalore today decided for a sedate run. Filled full tank (Auto cut off) from chennai and reset the Trip meter, reached Bangalore after 7 hrs (45min Lunch break included) . Trip meter showed 348.6 k.m. Before re-filling looked at the Fuel meter and it was not touched Halfway mark. Done a re-fill (auto cut-off again) and it took 15.82L. (Don't know whether the auto-cut off have any problem- but the fuel indicator needle showing full as supposed to be.)

348.6K.M/15.82L = 22.03 kmpl !

During the entire trip A/c was on and i have done a constant speed of 80-85 Kmph. I rarely done down-shifting and braking on the highway drive.

Last edited by wildon : 3rd October 2010 at 22:13.
Old 3rd October 2010, 23:18   #425
BHPian

20.03 kmpl for a highway run on a petrol engine which isn't maruti is an amazing achievement...congratulations..!
i already dream of buying an i20 crdi within the next couple of years(given the love for the getz that i presently drive) and ownership experiences like this just make my nights more sleepless!
Congratulations on the fabulous uber cool car!
Old 4th October 2010, 08:35   #426
BHPian

The left side ORVM of my i20 no longer moves down. Wil I need to replace the entire ORVM or is it just some faulty motor that can be replaced.?
Old 4th October 2010, 08:49   #427
BANNED

@raghav.carfreak

What surprised me is the difference in mileage when you do a spirited driving and a sedate driving. Of course it took 2 hrs more to complete the journey but see the FE it given.

@iTwenty

While pressing the button can you hear the motor sound from the left ORVM ?. Also while at the "close" position "open" the Left ORVM manually and then press the control button. if its not responding you have to get it checked with the A.S.S

Last edited by wildon : 4th October 2010 at 08:52.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:34   #428
BHPian

Technically it was a 6hours journey(because 45min lunch break wasn't counted on your bangalore-chennai run.
There is a price to pay for sedate driving? and for 9kmpl more...one hour more is peanuts! people would give an arm and leg for those figures..also safety isn't compromised much to the relief of your family members.
thats where you save up the money saved on fuel to ICE up your car and enjoy the highway at its best with your family!
Cheers!
Old 6th October 2010, 08:50   #429
BHPian

Guys, Need help.
I opted for extended warranty. Purchased the car on July 15th, but haven't received the certificate or any proof for the same yet. Any idea on how and when we will receive the extended warranty certificate.

Last edited by classicselva : 6th October 2010 at 08:52.
Old 6th October 2010, 08:56   #430
BANNED

^^ Talk to the dealer, they may already have received it and forgot to call you. This happened in my case. Normally it takes 30-45 days to receive.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:03   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Had driven through some unpaved roads in chennai and found out Rattling is back . Also "click" sound coming while turning the steering wheel from quick left to right. At present decided to wait longer so it can be audible to the S.E/S.M
Sad to hear the rattling issue in your i20. Is it a common issue in all i20s'?
Old 6th October 2010, 09:12   #432
BANNED

^^ Sadly its a common issue in all i20's including the new ones. But it can be only detected if you drives through rough roads frequently. Hyundai should seriously look into this matter as more and more customers including old and new are reporting this problem.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:29   #433
BANNED

Hey Wildon.. Is the drop in acceleration power problem solved?
Old 6th October 2010, 09:48   #434
BANNED

^^ Can't say its solved as i have not checked up in detail with the A.S.S. At present the symptom is not showing up.
Old 6th October 2010, 09:52   #435
BANNED

Thanks Wildon for clarifying my doubts.

I am contemplating between Punto and i20. Hence the doubts. What I realize is all cars have their share of issues, so just follow your heart and buy the right car. Thanks anyways!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks