Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 15:25   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ Sadly its a common issue in all i20's including the new ones. But it can be only detected if you drives through rough roads frequently. Hyundai should seriously look into this matter as more and more customers including old and new are reporting this problem.
The latest fix is a new "urethane pad", which has probed to be a failure(atleast for me). As a last ditch attempt, they will try to convince you by saying it is "dashboard rattle". I don't think Hyundai will ever have a proper fix , all of these fixes have been stop gap.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:48   #437
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
What surprised me is the difference in mileage when you do a spirited driving and a sedate driving. Of course it took 2 hrs more to complete the journey but see the FE it given.
I did a trip in the reverse direction on the same very day. My onward was sedate with FE of 19 and return was fast but not very spirited and FE was 14.6
Old 11th October 2010, 22:57   #438
rbp
BHPian

Guys,
Is it a must to change oil at every service, irrespective of the running down by the engine? My car is approaching its first anniversary and the manual says 3rd service or 19K kms, I last changed my oil at 8.5K and now the reading is 14K. So it has just done 5.5k on this oil.
Old 12th October 2010, 20:58   #439
BHPian

Hey Guys,

A question to you all, one of my friend has booked an Asta 1.2. Before booking the SA told that they will give bridgestone when he asked for it before booking. but now at the time of booking, they say that apollo tyres will only be provided since they dont have bridgestone in the lot which is coming now. Is this possible? Can he be strong on his ground for bridgestone or have to live with apollo only?
Old 12th October 2010, 22:10   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Guys,
Is it a must to change oil at every service, irrespective of the running down by the engine? My car is approaching its first anniversary and the manual says 3rd service or 19K kms, I last changed my oil at 8.5K and now the reading is 14K. So it has just done 5.5k on this oil.

If your car running on mineral oil its best to change it at 5k kms.with synthetic you can stretch upto 10k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey Guys,

A question to you all, one of my friend has booked an Asta 1.2. Before booking the SA told that they will give bridgestone when he asked for it before booking. but now at the time of booking, they say that apollo tyres will only be provided since they dont have bridgestone in the lot which is coming now. Is this possible? Can he be strong on his ground for bridgestone or have to live with apollo only?
The apollo acellere are one of the best oem tires compared to the crappy mrf or jk.its almost as good as michelin xm plus.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th October 2010 at 14:36. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 13th October 2010, 00:01   #441
rbp
BHPian

I dont think the i20 ever came with Bridgestone, it was always Apollo accelere. The stock tyre is pretty good, no worries, the only issue I find is the tyre noise.
Old 13th October 2010, 12:13   #442
Senior - BHPian

Hey Wildon!!! Can we perform the FATC Self Diagnosis test during the inspection at the stockyard.?? and if we find anything wrong can we let the Hyundai people know before they register the car in the owner's name.?????
Old 13th October 2010, 13:51   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The apollo acellere are one of the best oem tires compared to the crappy mrf or jk.its almost as good as michelin xm plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I dont think the i20 ever came with Bridgestone, it was always Apollo accelere. The stock tyre is pretty good, no worries, the only issue I find is the tyre noise.
Thanks sagar and rbp, that was real fast . Since the sales assistant confirmed with the bridgestone and now they are not, my friend is asking for freebies for that

Thanks for your help
Old 14th October 2010, 12:17   #444
BHPian

@webblescott

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post

Regarding the tyres, as i am using just 15' it doesnt brush to any part, i remember 17 was brushing while fully loaded.
What is the difference in highway mileage after switching over from stock to 205/55 ?
Old 15th October 2010, 14:27   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
What is the difference in highway mileage after switching over from stock to 205/55 ?
I changed my stock tyre soon after the delivery of my car, i was not able to check mileage with stock tyres, Now the Yoko 205/55 is only giving me max of 15km/ltr in highways.
Old 27th October 2010, 10:59   #446
BANNED

Update:-
My car is once again started pulling to the left side of the road. Once this problem had been corrected at Hyundai workshop. Is this something to do with the steering rack replacement?

Also got a call from A.S.S person to come up for the ECU upgrade for better A/C performance. I don't know why they have waited so long to call me. At present Bangalore weather is pleasant.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:39   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is once again started pulling to the left side of the road. Once this problem had been corrected at Hyundai workshop. Is this something to do with the steering rack replacement?

Also got a call from A.S.S person to come up for the ECU upgrade for better A/C performance. I don't know why they have waited so long to call me. At present Bangalore weather is pleasant.
One thing I will like to tell you from experience. Whenever upgrades happen its better to wait and let some others get the upgrade first. So that any glitches which happen you do not suffer. I always upgarded my software after a few weeks of release. Exception are security patches.
Old 27th October 2010, 12:01   #448
rbp
BHPian

Quote:

Even I have this same issue, it pulls a lot to the left, even after getting the wheels realigned this problem did not go, along with pulling to the left and soooooper light dead steering, the driver has to be very alert on highways.
Old 28th October 2010, 22:49   #449

Finally I got the team-bhp membership. and i would like to thank all of you guys for posting and updating not only each other but a lot of others like me who get directed here from google.

Now i have had my berry red petrol 1.2 i20 for over a year (may 2009) and has clocked around 11k+ kms. Had bought it from hyundai motor plaza @ lower parel, Mumbai and got it regularly serviced from their cotton green worskshop and now that the free services are over i am planning to shift to any Hyundai service center near my house, preferably shreenath at andheri or there is one at Bandra(e).i stay in Bandra(w) btw.

I have had pretty much the same issues as all of you here. Hyundai motor plaza has been extremely helpful withe all the matters.

firstly I'd like to start with the notorious steering rattle. My steering rattle had reached insane heights by 7000kms. i could hear those rattle clicks when i tried to rotate my steering wheel left and right in quick succession. So in my last free service i addressed it to the advisor and the smart guy was already familiar with a lot of other cases and said he'll take care of it. And he did by replacing the bush. I thought it cured the rattle but it didn't, there was still a faint rattle but MUCH MUCH better than what i had earlier. So i have decided to live with it as i have heard a lot of horror stories here of steering tightening and stuff after they replaced the steering rack.

Second, I also had my head unit malfunctioning but it happened only once and i didn't bother to tell the service adviser. I had fixed the issue the same night it happened. But to my surprise the fuse didn't pop. the Head unit started working again after i re-inserted the fuse and touch wood it's still working, i am a 24 year old so u can imagine how many CD's i have with me and how many i keep changing every time i go out regardless if the car is in ignition or not.

third, i had a flat tire too due to some blade penetrating and compromising the tire sole. Had it fixed from a local puncture-wala for 50 bucks.

fourth, i had a rock fall on my hood and dent the hood and fender bent pretty bad just after the first service. had it repaired and repainted effortlessly from HMP under insurance so paid only 500 bucks for insurance claims charge. not bad if they return the car to u polished and shining inside out. recently i was involved in a fender bender with an oversmart rickshaw driver who clipped my bumper while cutting me from the left to take a Uturn. left me with a deformed bumper but the clips still in place. filed police complaint against the smart *** and cursed his sorry *** and decided to carry on driving the way it is.

that's pretty much it. I am now looking for replacing that useless OEM hella horn with a better sounding one. i don't intend to go in for a dual horn configuration, a simple replace will suffice. any advice on which horn to buy, which can be simply plugged in the existing place?

now there is a tradition for posting pics of your car here so i would like to give you guys a link where you can find my cars pictures along with a short review when it was just 3 days old.

My Ride - Mahir Majid's Hyundai i20 | Indian Autos blog

Last edited by mahirS : 28th October 2010 at 23:07.
Old 28th October 2010, 23:31   #450
BANNED

^^ Well described in that first post. Welcome to T-BHP.
I liked the Color Berry Red. few questions i would like to ask you,

1. How was the A/C performance in last summer?
2. Is your car drags to the left side often?
3. What about the tire pressure level? you need to top it 2to3times in a week or its hold the air for 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by wildon : 28th October 2010 at 23:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks