Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 09:50   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraman View Post
Got my petrol Asta 5 months ago - only front has discs...
This is sad.Even the premium offering in its top end is not getting discs all around.

I remember when the i20 was launched,it came with 4 discs+ABS+EBD even in the basic magna model.Serious cost cutting by hyundai
Old 16th January 2011, 12:32   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
This is sad.Even the premium offering in its top end is not getting discs all around.

I remember when the i20 was launched,it came with 4 discs+ABS+EBD even in the basic magna model.Serious cost cutting by hyundai
If i remember correctly, the discs on the rear two wheels were introduced in the i20 CRDi ... and not the petrol version..
Old 17th January 2011, 13:45   #513
BANNED

^^ You are right, the all discs brakes introduced in the diesel version only.

Regarding the sill guard, see the difference in which available in India and abroad.

from skanchan95's post

from uk site

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-sill_guards_large.jpg
Old 17th January 2011, 16:45   #514
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^ You are right, the all discs brakes introduced in the diesel version only.

Attachment 484689
wildon, doesn't your i20 ASTA have discs all round? So petrol i20 never had discs all round even in ASTA variant is it?I wonder why
Old 18th January 2011, 15:53   #515
BHPian

Hi Wildon,

I have a December 2010-manufactured i20 Asta 1.4 CRDi. I tried enabling RDS using the method you posted and could change the settings to Europe. However, I believe the new firmware does not show the radio station name even after enabling RDS. I also tried every other region setting to try out if RDS works, but to no avail. I'm not sure if it is a firmware issue or poor reception in my area. Also, as a result of enabling RDS, the right function key (the one you use to turn on the ICE and switch between sources of audio) cannot be used to switch on the ICE or turn it off with the long press. However, after switching on the ICE using the Power ON/OFF button, the button works as expected.

I was able to reverse this effect by going back to the India setting and turning off RDS.

Thought this might be useful for new i20 owners trying to enable RDS.

Cheers!
DueLLeR

Last edited by DueLLeR : 18th January 2011 at 16:01.
Old 29th January 2011, 14:44   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
wildon, doesn't your i20 ASTA have discs all round? So petrol i20 never had discs all round even in ASTA variant is it?I wonder why
I have a Dec 2009 i20 Asta 1.2 and it doesn't have discs at the rear. I think Wildon's car is also a 2009 model, so I don't think it has discs at the rear.
I think the diesel variants had discs at the rear from the time they introduced the BS IV version with 6 gears.
Old 29th January 2011, 16:25   #517
rbp
BHPian

My CRDI i20 is BS3 version, it has discs on all wheels, 6 airbags and the sunroof too
Old 29th January 2011, 21:15   #518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
My CRDI i20 is BS3 version, it has discs on all wheels, 6 airbags and the sunroof too
Yea totally top end model.I too wanted sunroof and 6 airbags in diesel.But sadly they removed it in BS4 .Had to settle with CRDI ASTA
Old 30th January 2011, 07:45   #519
rbp
BHPian

@all :- Has any one here gone in for 195/60 * R14 tyres? How is the ride quality and steering feel? I want the steering to tighten up slightly, highway speeds are a little concern in this car.
Old 30th January 2011, 19:42   #520
BHPian

A little offbeat question for you wildon or the other esteemed members -

- Is it possible to activate 40km autolock in the Verna?
- Also, can I install the rheostat illumination in the Verna?
Old 30th January 2011, 23:00   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
@all :- Has any one here gone in for 195/60 * R14 tyres? How is the ride quality and steering feel? I want the steering to tighten up slightly, highway speeds are a little concern in this car.
Hi,

I have Yokohama AVS ES100 195 60 R14. Due to these tyres I feel more comfortable on highways. Also, yes steering is slightly tighten but not very dramatic difference.

Anuj
Old 5th February 2011, 10:45   #522
BHPian

Hi Wildon,

First time to Ooty with my uber, Had a nice drive through kerala, But while returning home took Ooty-Mudumali-Mysore-Madkeri-Kasaragod route,

Sadly the Highway route to Madkeri -Kasaragod is under widening and took a different Ghat section through Bahgamandala. All of a sudden my i20 start jumping on every gear shifting, Especially while shifting from 1st Gear to 2nd Gear (When you apply clutch) the engines gives a sudden power down with a vibration and jumps (like it skips off from the clutch plate) and push the car towards front.

Somehow managed to reach my native and taken to Hyundai, After a long search they concluded that the Clutch Sensor, (Switch) which controls the clutch has been damaged. Need a replacement (On Warranty).

They are just getting the part today and will fix my car. Does anyone faced this issue before on i20 ? As you are regular to team-bhp am asking you. I could not find any topic on this.
Old 5th February 2011, 11:18   #523
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hi Wildon,

First time to Ooty with my uber, Had a nice drive through kerala, But while returning home took Ooty-Mudumali-Mysore-Madkeri-Kasaragod route,

Sadly the Highway route to Madkeri -Kasaragod is under widening and took a different Ghat section through Bahgamandala. All of a sudden my i20 start jumping on every gear shifting, Especially while shifting from 1st Gear to 2nd Gear (When you apply clutch) the engines gives a sudden power down with a vibration and jumps (like it skips off from the clutch plate) and push the car towards front.

Somehow managed to reach my native and taken to Hyundai, After a long search they concluded that the Clutch Sensor, (Switch) which controls the clutch has been damaged. Need a replacement (On Warranty).

They are just getting the part today and will fix my car. Does anyone faced this issue before on i20 ? As you are regular to team-bhp am asking you. I could not find any topic on this.
Sorry to hear that, but the problem sounds very strange, never heard of anything like that, still do enquire about the price of this sensor, just in case for future reference.
Old 5th February 2011, 12:28   #524
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
After a long search they concluded that the Clutch Sensor, (Switch) which controls the clutch has been damaged. Need a replacement (On Warranty).

Its the first time i'm hearing this about jumping in gear shift.
I faced some kind of loss of power when accelerating but its not happening now.
Please do update us the situation.
Old 5th February 2011, 23:09   #525
BANNED

4th Service @ 19000+ K.M on 30th Jan 2011.

My car completed 15 months, and it was the first Paid service after all free servicing on specified intervals.

Problem reported before servicing

1. Vehicle pulls to one side.
2. Steering rubbing noise.
3. Steering is not centered.
4. After quick turnings and releasing the steering its not coming back to the normal position.
5. Cigar lighter socket not working c'se of the blown fuse.
6. Fuse puller not working.
7. Ratting sound from back side of the car.

The SA informed me that the front disc brakes pad won't last till the next service and i informed them not to change as i will be doing little runs. The quote for the front brake pad were Rs.2000+. Also he informed that the vehicle wont be ready by evening and asked me to take the delivery on the next day. As expected next day evening around 7p.m i got a call from the S.A saying my vehicle is ready. I have told them that i ll be taking delivery on the next day morning only.

So next day morning (01/02/11) i reached the workshop and checked the vehicle.

After the Service +ve

At the time of test drive before taking delivery

1. Vehicle pull to the side seems to be almost corrected.
2. Steering rubbing noise gone.
3. Steering is now centered.
4. fuses fixed
5. No rattle sound from back

-ve noticed after test drive before taking delivery

1. Steering not coming back to the normal position and its extremely hard and tight.
2. No stock of fuse puller and dealership doesn't know the part number for the same.

I didn't took the delivery and asked them the fix the steering issues ,which they accepted in a good spirit. By after noon i got a call again to come and inspect the vehicle again and i done the same and found everything is OK.

-ves/jugads found after taken delivery and started regular runs.

1. Rear parcel tray holding threads are disconnected. and when attached rattling from the back started again. They should have done a better job.

Parts they have changed under warranty (zero charges) after informing me

1. Insulator Assy- Struts, for both sides- They said they found a play in this part and thats the reason for the front suspension noises. They are doing checks on all i20's and if necessary they replacing the part for the same.

2. Yoke spring has changed again to eliminate the rubbing noise.

Wheel alignment/balancing done for rectifying the side pull. The 'Toe' reading were in Red fonts the same has been reflected in Green fonts after alignments. ( will attach the sheets later as my scanner is out of order)

Charges break-ups.

1. Engine oil - 709.17
2. Consumables - 129.94
3. Coolant - 52.86
4. Filter Assy-Engine oil - 75.10
5. Fuse - 20A [4nos]( I asked for 15 A they said its not in stock and provided 20A) - 63.41
6. Fuse - 10A - 16.37
7. Insulator Assy -Strut - 0.00
8. Field Fix kit -Steering - 0.00

Sub Total - 1046.85
VAT @13.5% on 1046.85 = 141.33

Labour and Serives

1. Brake Drum Rear Cleaning - 140.00
2. Brake Pads Front cleaning & Caliper greasing - 280.00
3. Periodic Maintenance Service - 855.00

Sub Total - 1275.00
Service Tax @ 10% on 1275.00 = 127.50
Cess on ST & H Ed Cess @ 3% on 127.50 = 3.83

Grand Total = Rs.2595.00

Final say :

Steering is now light, very smooth as like old days, no rubbing noise, no steering rattle. Over all the smile is back on my face.

Last edited by Stratos : 4th March 2011 at 14:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks