Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 21:12   #586
BANNED

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Got a pre-text email from Hyundai.

Quote:
Dear Mr. XXX,

This is with reference to your concern regarding your Hyundai i20 car bearing vehicle registration number XXXXXXXXX.

Also, please refer the telephonic discussion our representative had with you on March 7, 2011.

Accordingly, we request you to kindly arrange to bring your car to our dealer workshop Trident Hyundai, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore on March 9, 2011 at around 1.30 pm for inspection and needful action.

Assuring you of our best customer care support.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

XXXXX

They have not given any reply to my queries

Quote:
1. I have done several visits to the dealer to rectify the steering rattling problem, but problem repeatedly comes back after the provided fix, Why ??

2. What is the real cause of this rattling issue? Have you ever found out?

3. Is the parts replaced in my car for this problem are improved one, or just as the same which is already in use?
Also replied back with the following

who is going to do the work,
Action going to be taken,
Assurance etc..

I have already applied for the leave and if they are giving a satisfying reply to my queries by tomorrow i ll be proceeding with the inspection or else i don't want to waste my time this time.

Last edited by wildon : 7th March 2011 at 21:15.
Old 7th March 2011, 22:40   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

wildon,hope your problem will be solved once and for all.I still cant understand the funda behind this "inspection".How many times do they need to inspect the car for finding the problem?This itself shows how incompetent the Hyundai fellows are.And each time they take the car in for works they will take it for the whole day irrespective of how small the work is.I suggest you take a handycam this time and record the whole episode on it including the conversations.This will be a very good record for you in future.Also take as many fellow BHPians and i20 owners u can!

When i left my i20 for the first service at "Blue Hyundai",mysore road,i insisted on changing the engine oil.But they said "saar,its not required".But still i said them to change the oil.But they didnt.The next week i went there to get the oil changed anyway.I went at 10 AM and asked the SA to change the oil and filter which he didn't do even upon being told during first service(They think they are doing a favor by filling us new oil even though i will be paying for it) .The SA cooly replies-"Saar,come today evening and your car will be ready."I was like-What the hell?!! How long do you need to change the engine oil?"After much fighting and sour looks the engine oil and oil filter were changed after 2 hours and i was CHARGED for labor.When i asked them why is this labor amount since it was their mistake they didn't change the oil even upon my insistence during first service,the SA snapped back-"This is not first service,you have come after it".I felt like punching him in the face!And one more thing-These Hyundai SA's are so dumb that they dont know the grades of oil like CH,CI,CF etc.When i asked them which oil grade they put they pointed to a big" shell engine oil" drum,they didnt have a clue about the grade and specifications.They fill the same oil to the age old accent CRDI's to the i20 CRDI.And the Shell synthetic oil that they use is of CF grade and they use the same oil for petrols and diesels alike.And if the engine goes kaput after warranty then we have to face the music.God bless those morons!So i take my own engine oil every-time i have a oil change and my i20 engine thanks me for that!
Old 8th March 2011, 08:38   #588
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
wildon,hope your problem will be solved once and for all.I still cant understand the funda behind this "inspection".How many times do they need to inspect the car for finding the problem?This itself shows how incompetent the Hyundai fellows are.
Its an acknowledgement that the HASS is not fit for the job for this problem. Still they are not telling me the reason for this problem as i think they are also clueless.

HASS is also washing their hand by saying, we have done everything as per the directive from HMIL.

So no body wants to take the responsibilities and the end result is customer is suffering.

Also quoting from an earlier mail

Quote:
This is with reference to your feed back regarding, Steering Rattling noise. Dated on 04.11.2010 to M/s. Hyundai Motor India Ltd.

Please recollect the telecon you had with the under signed on 04.11.2010, on your vehicle bearing Reg no XXXXXXXXX (i-20) in order to resolve your concern.
This is with reference to your mail, Last time your vehicle was inspected (Joint road tested) by Mr.XXXXXXXXX (APSM-HMIL) & Informed us to replace the Gear Assy-steering under warranty & the problem was solved. Now you had informed us that the noise is re-occurring,
We request you to kindly bring your vehicle at your earliest possible convenience, with prior intimation for necessary inspection.
Now they wants another company person to test my car.

Last edited by wildon : 8th March 2011 at 08:44.
Old 8th March 2011, 09:10   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

HASS is also washing their hand by saying, we have done everything as per the directive from HMIL.
Rightly said. The dealer would say the same thing. When you ask the company for the solution, they will say go to the dealer. It just goes on to show the unholy nexus between the dealer and the RO/Company. Neither of them know what exactly the problem is or what the working/proven solution is to the problem. Both are taking the troubled customers for a ride. They are still shooting arrows in the dark hoping that one of their shots would hit the target and the rattle problem will go away. In the end the customers suffer.

The very fact that these people in HMIL are not confident while giving you replies just proves the obvious, that they do not know what is causing the rattle or how to permanently fix it.

Quote:
Also quoting from an earlier mail

What this means?! they wanted another company person to test my car.
They are taking you around in circles. I don't think you are going to get any where. It is exactly the same sequence of events that these people from HMIL did with me. As Sagar rightly said, how many times do they want to look at the car for the same damn steering rattle problem? Its just another attempt by them to pacify and cheat the customer and make you believe they are actually doing something when all that they will actually be doing is to repeat the same old tricks to sort out the issue.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 8th March 2011 at 09:14.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:59   #590
BHPian

Wildon am ready for the fight , am in Bangalore, whenever there is a plan do text me .. 99455 61112

Quote:
^^ I was expecting this, and expecting this from the one who gone to the so called A/C Fix.

Hyundai's timing for this particular fix added fuel to the doubt. Its shows they don't care about the customers, they only know to cheat the customers.

Guys in Bangalore who is having steering and A/C problems we will meet up once and together we will fight it against the Hyundai.

Also i request other members from other locations to get in touch with each other who has issues with i20 and fight against the company.

Inviting suggestions from other members so we can move forward as a group.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:22   #591
BANNED

Update:-

Quote:
We would like to confirm to you that our HMIL vendor team would be inspecting your car at our dealer workshop Trident Hyundai, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore on March 9, 2011.
So now the Vendor wants to check and confirm.OK i'm giving a chance to the MANDO guys.

If any one wants to join in, Please PM me as i'm visiting the HASS, Kalyan Nagar dealership at 1.30 p.m tomorrow.

If anyone wants to know the location of this HASS go to Google Maps and type this value 13.026008, 77.642985 and press search, it will show in the green arrow.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:23   #592
Senior - BHPian

Today I plan to go and try to get this mystery solved behind the AC and steering issues in the i20. Hope to get something concrete.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:26   #593
BHPian

This problem is not going to go away as there is most likely a design deficiency which the company is not willing to acknowledge.

The best course of action is to attempt to rope in the government.This will only work if there are a large enough number of complaints about potential safety risk. The approach to the relevant department of the government by each complainant should be in a standard format and each communication should be cc to the major publications. Most likely the officials in the concerned ministry are just going to sit over this. Then comes in the RTI act. Applications will need to be filed to ask what has the government done about this. This matter will only be resolved once the company faces the risk of government initiated regulatory action resulting in penal awards.

I know I am being negative when I say this, I doubt very much if individual action will meet much success. Either state sponsored investigations or several complainants banding together to go to court, that is the only route which will show some light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best to you folks and hope your hard earned money is not wasted on a deficient product.

RS

ps:

I am posting below the link to the auto policy document as posted on the SIAM website.

Auto Policy :: SIAM

This document clearly shows that the governing ministry for the automobile sector is the Ministry of Heavy Industry.

Department of Heavy Industry

However it is a fact there is no regulator established by law to govern the automotive sector, so it is pretty much like wild west with these charlies doing what they want esp WRT to safety standards. The buzz word being SIAM is more or less like a SRO, which in simple language means there is no effective regulation.

So if you folks want to follow this route and do not mind the protracted fight, start knocking at the doors of officialdom.

Last edited by RS_DEL : 8th March 2011 at 13:50. Reason: additional info
Old 8th March 2011, 13:58   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Today I plan to go and try to get this mystery solved behind the AC and steering issues in the i20. Hope to get something concrete.
You'de be lucky to get anything out of HMIL about this ultra secretive issue.

OT, I never got to thank you for the earlier favour. Your PM is blocked.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 8th March 2011 at 14:01.
Old 8th March 2011, 17:42   #595
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about the issues.

I see so many i20s on the road and was of the impression that it is a very reliable car. I doubt if the issues are specific to a certain batch as the sales seem to be good.
Old 8th March 2011, 18:09   #596
BHPian

I am monitoring this thread closely because I own a December 2009 model I20 Asta. Have clocked close to 17K kilometers. Never had an issue with the steering rattle or A/C even in the hot Chennai weather. Hope that the issues are resolved or they compensate adequately.
Old 8th March 2011, 22:33   #597
BHPian

Tragedy on i20 this afternoon at kerala, Kasaragod, Killed one, Lady driver Lost control and car went roll down to 50ft.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-1.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-2.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-3.jpg  

Old 8th March 2011, 22:50   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Tragedy on i20 this afternoon at kerala, Kasaragod, Killed one, Lady driver Lost control and car went roll down to 50ft.
Look at the fellows scavenging the parts.One guy is searching the trunk and the other fellow is making away with the battery
Old 8th March 2011, 23:34   #599
Senior - BHPian

^^ That's poverty Sagar. The great divide between rich and poor.

I think that this post should be moved to "Accidents in India" thread. Here it is giving an impression that it was steering issue which lead to accident. But there might be 100 other reasons for the accident.
Old 9th March 2011, 06:56   #600
BHPian

I agree, i think this post should be moved to another category.

The i20 A/C and Steering issue have plagued this car for sometime now, Even though they have known about it for sometime, i doubt if any significant improvements have been seen. Maybe since its running successful for the European market, they are adopting a 'If its not broke, do not fix it' policy.

One thing is that the i20 is clearly under-powered and you will be quite surprised to note that the new VTVT (kappa 2) will not be available on the i20 ! (it will still have earlier model engine)

Most Viewed