Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 20:11   #661
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Got a Scangauge2 for my i20 and was more than happy to find out that its compatible!

Loads of functions in it incl. Real time mileage and distance and time to empty (Check out ScanGaugeII - Trip Computers + Digital Gauges + Scan Tool for info on more functions!! (Loads of em!!))

Had a run in the i20 today on the expressway with scangauge connected and took a few pics!

Note - I made sure that I was the only one driving with no one around for at least a km before taking these pics.

The position of the gauge is temporary and I used it there for testing purposes. I'm open to any suggestions as to the scangauge's placement though!

HPR is the real-time horsepower (the horsepower engine is creating currently)

(was quite surprised that we don't go over 30 in normal driving! 30 too in a lil' spirited one!)
Attachment 555588

Attachment 555589

Attachment 555590

IA
is the intake air temperature!! quite high, no?

Attachment 555591

Attachment 555592

Nice tool sohail.Can you post some pic where the wire is connected to the OBD port.i20 Has covered OBD port.So have you removed the cover to slot in the scan guage?

And the cost and the place where you purchased it please!
Old 6th June 2011, 22:03   #662
Senior - BHPian

The OBD port is just under the headlight alignment adjustment dial on the right lower side from the steering

You have to open the beige panel from just below the steering assembly. It has its hinge at the lowest end so it'll just hold itself there!

You can see the OBD port now! I connected and routed cable concealing it around the steering assembly.

I got it from Amazon.com. Product and shipping to India total cost me ~10K

If you've got someone coming from US, then it'll cost you 7500/- only
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 08:42   #663
BHPian

Thanks for Picture. But +1 from my side, dude , you should not try even that. you should have asked some one else to click pix. What if no one is there around you at 60KMPH, and some one drives at 120KMPH 2kms behind you. How long it will take him to cover you. so it's just suggestion and you can SG2 . near by right corner of dash board. (use double side sticks).
Old 21st June 2011, 16:02   #664
rbp
BHPian

I had been to Kemmangundi and Bababudanigiri a fortnight back. The car(i20 CRDI) was carrying three people and it was a breeze driving in the ghats, but as I was approaching Bababudangiri hill top, it was very foggy up there, it was so foggy that I could barely see anything. At the top the car almost became a sitting duck, it just wasnt pulling at all, the car was struggling to pull even in first gear, this was with just three of us in the car, I had to press clutch and revv the car to get it going, I was wondering what would have happened if the car was fully loaded. Later on when we started to return back, and came a few kms down, the car was back to normal power, but this had left me a little surprised, did the car lack power due to lack of oxygen? but Bababudangiri is just 1900 meters above sea level. By the way my car has done 22k+ kms and is due for service now.
Old 21st June 2011, 18:27   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I had been to Kemmangundi and Bababudanigiri a fortnight back. The car(i20 CRDI) was carrying three people and it was a breeze driving in the ghats, but as I was approaching Bababudangiri hill top, it was very foggy up there, it was so foggy that I could barely see anything. At the top the car almost became a sitting duck, it just wasnt pulling at all, the car was struggling to pull even in first gear, this was with just three of us in the car, I had to press clutch and revv the car to get it going, I was wondering what would have happened if the car was fully loaded. Later on when we started to return back, and came a few kms down, the car was back to normal power, but this had left me a little surprised, did the car lack power due to lack of oxygen? but Bababudangiri is just 1900 meters above sea level. By the way my car has done 22k+ kms and is due for service now.
Surprised to hear this ! i20 CRDI has 1.4 litre diesel engine which is quite powerful one IMO and should easily pull 3 people while climbing. I can't imagine what will be case, if it had been a 1.2 litre petrol engine

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 21st June 2011 at 18:28.
Old 21st June 2011, 22:57   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
This happens if you try to lug the engine.I experienced the same while climbing up Shiradi ghat.used to lug engine in 2nd gear whereas i should have been in first.After a few times it started suffocating.So stopped at side ,opened the bonnet and let it cool for a few minutes.After that it became normal.This is particularly a case with turbo charged diesels.Keep it in powerband and it will pull like a locomotive!!
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:20   #667
Senior - BHPian

Folks, a quick question on i20 first free service.

Is it worth/required to do Anti-rust coating along with first free service? The service advisor insisted its better to do in first service instead of doing it later.
The cost is around 3.5k approximately. Any thoughts?

-Ravi
Old 24th June 2011, 16:28   #668
BHPian

Thanks Wildon for this amazing thread. it can truly be called the most extensive encyclopedia on the Hyundai i20! i have gained a lot from this thread and recently purchased my own i20 sportz. My initial ownership review's link is given below. Do check it out
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ey-beauty.html
Old 24th June 2011, 23:53   #669
Senior - BHPian

^Congrats on the i20!

@ Others - I was wondering getting a rear camera but didn't want to hurt any of the painted panels, so I searched and searched and found this - G62VS : HYUNDAI I 20/ I 30 REV.CAMERA 2007-10 PAL CCD CAMERA :: Drive Assist Gator

It fits in place of one of the license-plate lights and no hole has to be made etc.

+ there's an option to get a wireless transmitter and reciever, so that the hassle to route wires is not there!

Any idea how to get hold of this?
Old 25th June 2011, 00:47   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
^Congrats on the i20!

@ Others - I was wondering getting a rear camera but didn't want to hurt any of the painted panels, so I searched and searched and found this - G62VS : HYUNDAI I 20/ I 30 REV.CAMERA 2007-10 PAL CCD CAMERA :: Drive Assist Gator

It fits in place of one of the license-plate lights and no hole has to be made etc.

+ there's an option to get a wireless transmitter and reciever, so that the hassle to route wires is not there!

Any idea how to get hold of this?
I was hoping to get a good reverse parking sensor +/ camera installed asap. Its a pity that this feature is not available in any of the i20 models!
Old 26th June 2011, 01:37   #671
BHPian

@Everyone: There is some issue with the bluetooth connectivity which I'm facing. Many times, it connects with my phone by default (automatically, as soon as I turn on my phone bluetooth). But sometimes, I have to go to setup and pair it again, which is quite irritating. Any idea why this is happening?
Old 8th July 2011, 15:47   #672
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to update that I installed a few LEDs in my i20's tail lamp and high mount stop lamp assembly!

Now it looks great!!!

Pics here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2419982
Old 8th July 2011, 19:43   #673
BHPian

It is an absolutely amazing thread and the credit entirely goes to Wildon for his untiring efforts in not only updating but also providing minute details. I guess it is the passion that makes the difference. The other thing that I really appreciate is Wildon has shared his share of problems due to which every one else especially i20 owners have benefitted.

I was also looking to buy i20 long time back but then the following factors changed my mind: (a) After the test drive, when I wanted to get out of the car, the knee was hitting the dashboard area near the Steering wheel which never happened with Santro. That was kind of irritating; (b) My 2nd test drive at Hyderabad - revealed the absolute lack of power in i20 petrol. The moment the car started climbing a gradient, I had to downshift and even I had literally stood on the accelerator, there was no way the car was going to go faster than a mule !! It was chocking crying for "air". It was that bad and with that ended my tryst with i20. I believe that Santro had one of the better engines that Hyundai has plonked on its vehicles.
Old 14th July 2011, 22:44   #674
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

In my i20 Asta 1.2 petrol, whenever i switch on blower (fan), the air is always hot/warm. Even at nights, when the outside temperature is about 20 degrees, if i set air-recirculation mode to fresh air (from outside), still the blower air is not cool. Anyone facing this problem?

-Ravi
Old 15th July 2011, 09:30   #675
BHPian

1) Is the auto-AC on? What's the temperature? (Try putting it on 16)
2) Perhaps your air filters are clogged with dirt - get them cleaned
3) When was the last time your AC gas level was checked/refilled?

Most Viewed