Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 15:42   #691
rbp
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

There are so many variants of these LED's out there, 6 LED ones, 9 LED ones, totally confused, which one did you put?
Old 21st July 2011, 17:42   #692
BHPian

Did anyone had a problem with your battery like mine ?

My vehicle is 16 months old by now, No signs of poor battery power till last week.Everyday i drive more than 50km. All of a sudden next morning when i try to start the car, its not starting other than giving a noise like tik tik tik. I was wondering like what happened ? Called up Road side Assist and Mondial Service reached my place within one hour. The guy start looking into the issues and said its a FLAT BATTERY! , Using his jumper he started my car and asked me to have a scan for my electricals from the nearest Service centre .

Soon after that i drove back to Mangalore and it took me around another week to have a check up for the battery as i was running busy. At the service centre they did a complete scanning and did not found anything wrong with electricals, He said seems to be a battery problem and you will get a Replacement under warranty. They removed my battery and given a spare battery for now.They said it will take 10-15 days to get a new one.
Old 21st July 2011, 21:32   #693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Sohail.
I am getting tempted too much to get these installed in my i20 too!

If i am right you have used these for your cabin lights

White SMD 6-LED , Car LED Bulbs,12V Lighting System-2pc | eBay

And these for the parking bulbs

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT.

Right?

Which one have you used for the reverse light ,indicator light?And the ones which you have used for the red stop lights,can we get those too from ebay india?

Did you install the LED's all by yourself or took help of service center to remove and refit the headlamp,map lamp and tail lamp?

How is the autoillumination website?Are they reliable?How long will they take to ship to India?
Old 27th July 2011, 01:27   #694
Senior - BHPian

Hey Wildon, do you know where the 'Hazard Flasher Relay' is located in the i20?

I checked the manual and under the area where OBD port is located and could only find a fuse for hazard switch and hazard relay!
In the engine relay/fuse box too there are just generic engine and AC control relays!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by sohail99 : 27th July 2011 at 01:29.
Old 27th July 2011, 09:20   #695
BANNED

It will be in that Fuse/Relay box in the passenger compartment, most probably at the back side or inside that box. Well i need to trace the wire and will let you know over this weekend.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 15:15   #696
BHPian

My Black Day, My first Hit.

This morning when i was running out of my Apartment both exits were under maintainance, As i was in hurry, with anger i took reverse to catch up next exit under the Building Parking. All i heard is a BIG BANG NOISE When i came out of the car i saw there was a very narrow post with a street light, which i couldnt see which was covered by C Pillar.

Taken to Advaith Hyundai and they gave an Estimate of 12k if they are able to take out the dent from fuel cap side, which is marked in red circle.
If not, they said need to replace that particular part and will cost me around 22k for all.

Well No worries i have Bajaj Allianz - Jiyo Befikar - Drive Assure (B2B) insurance. All i need to pay a processing fee of INR 500.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-28072011068.jpg  

Old 28th July 2011, 19:22   #697
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Taken to Advaith Hyundai and they gave an Estimate of 12k if they are able to take out the dent from fuel cap side, which is marked in red circle.
If not, they said need to replace that particular part and will cost me around 22k for all.
The brake light is broken, have you checked the cost of that. Other than that i see a Rs.1500+1500 for Half bumper painting and for the dent and painting on the area which is marked by you. Add 500 as labor too.

Do consult with Sai Colorium for their quote.
Old 29th July 2011, 09:31   #698
BHPian

Do they also do half bumper painting? I've been made to believe that the entire bumper is painted.
Old 29th July 2011, 11:48   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The brake light is broken, have you checked the cost of that. Other than that i see a Rs.1500+1500 for Half bumper painting and for the dent and painting on the area which is marked by you. Add 500 as labor too.

Do consult with Sai Colorium for their quote.
The brake light is broken, they quoted me around 1800 for that, Again the bumber must be replaced because its broken, observe the marks you see just below to the left tale lamp, Its seems completely not visible in the picture. So the bumber will cost me around 6k+ Painting, Then again the fuel cap area, there is a dent, they said if possible they will take out , else need to replace the part that will cost around 10k.

by the way wildon where is Sai Colorium ?
Old 29th July 2011, 12:04   #700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Well No worries i have Bajaj Allianz - Jiyo Befikar - Drive Assure (B2B) insurance. All i need to pay a processing fee of INR 500.
Unfortunate incident there; why dont you try to look for paintless dent removal services in your area. There is also a thread running on tbhp for this topic.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-repair-5.html
This costs around 900 bucks, but I guess you would save more with the NCB on your policy if you dont make/ have any claims

Last edited by selfdrive : 29th July 2011 at 12:06.
Old 29th July 2011, 12:27   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Unfortunate incident there; why dont you try to look for paintless dent removal services in your area. There is also a thread running on tbhp for this topic.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-repair-5.html
This costs around 900 bucks, but I guess you would save more with the NCB on your policy if you dont make/ have any claims
Selfdrive/Wildon

Take a look at some more pics of damage, and Selfdrive even i was thinking of avoiding the Claim and go for some normal painting and repairs, but when i heard the quote from these guys thought of utilising by Insurance claim.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-29072011075.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-29072011076.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-29072011077.jpg  

Old 29th July 2011, 13:45   #702
BHPian

Quote:

by the way wildon where is Sai Colorium ?
Ahh, that pains. Try and get the tail lamp from HASS. And get the quote from independent garages for the body work.

Sai Colorium

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...-colorium.html

also try out Sejal Motors

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...bangalore.html
flyingkolors is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 14:03   #703
Senior - BHPian

Aargh, that is painful to even see! I totally missed to see the big tear at the bottom of the bumper. In this case, it would be better to claim for insurance and get it done at the workshop.
'Get well soon' to your ride
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:56   #704
BANNED

Quote:
Again the bumber must be replaced because its broken,
It can be easily stitched. read here
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:03   #705
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Wildon
Saw a pic of child seat in your car and noticed that your car has a 3-point seat belt for the middle passenger in the rear seat.Whereas my june 2010 manufactured has those aircraft seat type belts for the rear seat middle passenger!!

Can other i20 owners check this and confirm please.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks