Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 22:26   #721
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Good to know that your beautiful machine is back on the roads.

Can you please let me know where did you source those illuminated scuff plates? And can you tell me how do they glow, in the first place?
Its from one of my friend's shop in Kasaragod, Kerala (50 km away from Mangalore). Those are LED illuminates and connected to the door light controls.

So when you open the door it glows and when you close, it goes off.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2011, 23:21   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Its from one of my friend's shop in Kasaragod, Kerala (50 km away from Mangalore). Those are LED illuminates and connected to the door light controls.

So when you open the door it glows and when you close, it goes off.
Ahh, now I remember you sending me a PM as well regarding those scuffs. If I remember it correctly, you asked me to contact Mr.Munaaz in Kerala from whom you sourced these. Right? I would like them to be shipped to Bangalore.
Old 11th August 2011, 23:31   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Ahh, now I remember you sending me a PM as well regarding those scuffs. If I remember it correctly, you asked me to contact Mr.Munaaz in Kerala from whom you sourced these. Right? I would like them to be shipped to Bangalore.
Yes you are right, he is mr.munaaz. you can contact him.
webblescott is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2011, 04:47   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Lights at front in i20 = That's a sunroof equipped model.
Off the topic, Does our Flip remote key for Asta models have any warranty ?
Mine is like almost the Open/Close action is dead. I have to manualy pull out the key and close. Apart from that the the remote control body widely opens his mouth when i try to ignition the key. So is there any possibilities that we can claim this on warranty ?
Old 13th August 2011, 12:18   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are right, he is mr.munaaz. you can contact him.
Hey. Can you please PM me the details as well. Those scuff plates look nice I will source it from him. Even i want it to be shipped to Bangalore. Thanks.
Old 15th August 2011, 20:23   #726
Senior - BHPian

Finally, was able to change the flasher relay to a LED one!!

Thanks a lot for all the info!

Pics and details from here

- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/98968-hyundai-i20-tips-tricks-4.html#post2468102

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99
Finally got around to changing the relay!! And let me tell you guys, its not easy!!

+ there are a lot more screws which have to be opened, but thats no biggie! Your pics really helped me a lot! Thanks again Wildon!

Relay was stuck properly and wasn't ready to budge! I had to unscrew the whole relay/socket assembly to access the relay itself!

Again the whole thing is mounted with the relay! The relay socket is free, which is connected to the mounted relay!

Biggest problem is, that there's space for only one hand to go up there and really difficult to work with one hand.

Now my left hand, neck and back hurts like hell!

Here are a few pics I took!

My workplace -

Relay from afar(Pink label)

Close up

The new relay and the old relay

Putting back everything was a breeze. Now my LED indicator lights blink perfectly!!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 13:23   #727
Senior - BHPian

Here is my full tail lamp conversion video

(NOTE - The indicator LEDs in this 1st video are temporary and I installed them just for testing the flash speed)

Everything works great!!

Here is the final video with proper indicator LEDs installed. ( had to modify the wires a bit though!)

Looks awesome!!
Old 21st August 2011, 10:21   #728
BHPian

Hey guys take a look at the pic below, this is some modifications i have in my mind, i just bring those modification through the help of photoshop. Before i go for this, just want to know your suggestions. Does it look kinda wacky or ?

Things to be noted:

-Projector Head lights
-Front Bumper bottom Mesh
-Hella style DRL (Customized)
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-projector1.jpg  

Old 21st August 2011, 10:51   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
H
Everything works great!!

Here is the final video with proper indicator LEDs installed. ( had to modify the wires a bit though!) Looks awesome!!
Beautiful Sohail. The i20 is a great looking car and this just adds to its beauty.

Quote:
Hey guys take a look at the pic below, this is some modifications i have in my mind, i just bring those modification through the help of photoshop. Before i go for this, just want to know your suggestions. Does it look kinda wacky or ?
Again fantastic stuff. I especially love the lower mesh grille, the projector headlights and the positioning of the number plate. I am not sure about the DRLs though with its current placement as it is going to be a separate standalone unit. So, just do some research on that alone before converting this PS job into a real-time beauty.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:02   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Beautiful Sohail. The i20 is a great looking car and this just adds to its beauty.

Again fantastic stuff. I especially love the lower mesh grille, the projector headlights and the positioning of the number plate. I am not sure about the DRLs though with its current placement as it is going to be a separate standalone unit. So, just do some research on that alone before converting this PS job into a real-time beauty.
Check out some sort of neat modification.(Again CS4 work)
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-neet.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2011, 22:10   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Check out some sort of neat modification.(Again CS4 work)
Nice job. But since you have already imparted some aggression in the face with the blackened mesh grilles, smoked projector headlights would complete it and give the car a menacing look. Good going mate.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:13   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Off the topic, Does our Flip remote key for Asta models have any warranty ?
Mine is like almost the Open/Close action is dead. I have to manualy pull out the key and close. Apart from that the the remote control body widely opens his mouth when i try to ignition the key. So is there any possibilities that we can claim this on warranty ?

Hey, I had a similar problem with my spare remote, was replaced under warranty

I've noticed recently, that my brakes don't bite as much when initially depressed, but suddenly seem to catch when pushed much more than usual.
What might this be a symptom of? I've been noticing this after my 3rd service. The car has done 21k kms. It's not that the brakes have lost their stopping power, but it's just that I didn't have to depress the pedal so much to get it to stop earlier.

Last edited by spyking : 29th August 2011 at 14:17.
Old 29th August 2011, 23:52   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Hey, I had a similar problem with my spare remote, was replaced under warranty

I've noticed recently, that my brakes don't bite as much when initially depressed, but suddenly seem to catch when pushed much more than usual.
What might this be a symptom of? I've been noticing this after my 3rd service. The car has done 21k kms. It's not that the brakes have lost their stopping power, but it's just that I didn't have to depress the pedal so much to get it to stop earlier.

Hey Spyking, i visited APCO Hyundai in Kasaragod, and what they have told me that it is hard to get it replaced in warranty. Because this could be due to impact on the key (because i dropped it down from my hand) many times.

What they have done is they just glued the key case and given back to me.
Well, do you have any proof for your warranty replacement ? i mean any sort of zero value replacement invoice or something ? so that i can go back and shout at them.

Regarding the brake issue you mentioned, i had gone through same experience when my odo was 17500km. The issue was something they said like air took place in disc brakes as well both my friend brake pads were flat. So got replaced in my third service and now its perfect.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:11   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Spyking, i visited APCO Hyundai in Kasaragod, and what they have told me that it is hard to get it replaced in warranty. Because this could be due to impact on the key (because i dropped it down from my hand) many times.

What they have done is they just glued the key case and given back to me.
Well, do you have any proof for your warranty replacement ? i mean any sort of zero value replacement invoice or something ? so that i can go back and shout at them.

Regarding the brake issue you mentioned, i had gone through same experience when my odo was 17500km. The issue was something they said like air took place in disc brakes as well both my friend brake pads were flat. So got replaced in my third service and now its perfect.
Here is the invoice. Hope you get it replaced too!
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img201108292355301-custom.jpg
Lemme know if you need a higher res image, TE allows a max on 1Mb only.

And, they just checked the pads during the third service. After the service am having issues. Will get them to bleed the lines if necessary.

Last edited by spyking : 30th August 2011 at 00:20. Reason: Image resizing.
spyking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 11:13   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Here is the invoice. Hope you get it replaced too!
Attachment 601613
Lemme know if you need a higher res image, TE allows a max on 1Mb only.

And, they just checked the pads during the third service. After the service am having issues. Will get them to bleed the lines if necessary.

Spyking thanks buddy, this picture is enough, i already spoke to the guys in Service centre this morning, and they are like it is not that we cannot claim, we have already forwarded the picture of keys to their head office, we will wait for their reply. I have forwarded the part number for their reference if they required. Because the guy was saying other day i have to change the device itself and that will cost me 7k.

Most Viewed