Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2011, 17:24   #736
BANNED

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

The Left ORVM Glass is broken due to an impact which is caused by a Cargo Lorry. I really can't blame the Lorry driver as he saved a bikers life.

The Glass along with the glass holder came out from the ORVM assembly due to the impact. No other harm done to the car other than few scratches to the ORVM cover.

ORVM Cover after the impact
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_20110831_150032-medium.jpg

The Damaged Glass Holder
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_20110831_150137-medium.jpg

Mirror & Holder Assembly (left Side) - 87611-1J200
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_20110831_150100-medium.jpg

Cost 272 + Taxes = some around Rs.282.00
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 10:02   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Here is the invoice. Hope you get it replaced too!
Attachment 601613
Lemme know if you need a higher res image, TE allows a max on 1Mb only.

And, they just checked the pads during the third service. After the service am having issues. Will get them to bleed the lines if necessary.
Hi spyking,

How come you got your Diesel Oil changed in the First free Service?
Did you ask specifically for it?

I had a different set of work done on my first free service a few days back.. here is the link where I have put up my details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ta-crdi-4.html
Old 7th September 2011, 10:35   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowaby View Post
Hi spyking,

How come you got your Diesel Oil changed in the First free Service?
Did you ask specifically for it?

I had a different set of work done on my first free service a few days back.. here is the link where I have put up my details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ta-crdi-4.html
Nice thread! I have been inspired to update my thread as well!

And yes, my dad and me a are slightly old fashioned when it comes to engine running in. No Ac + under 2k for the first 500Kms, then upto 2.5k for the next 500. Then oil change at the first service.

We believe that our engine has slightly less clatter and is a bit smoother after this. In fact, once, at the service center, the guy thought it was a petrol car even after starting it both dad and me were grinning ear to ear!
Old 7th September 2011, 10:35   #739
BHPian

There are quite a few mobile phones which are charged via USB - would these phones charge through the i20's USB port? Is it a powered port? I have an Optimus One (same as yours I guess)
Old 7th September 2011, 10:58   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
There are quite a few mobile phones which are charged via USB - would these phones charge through the i20's USB port? Is it a powered port? I have an Optimus One (same as yours I guess)
yes, you can charge your optimus one in i20.
Old 7th September 2011, 16:15   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
@kalpeshc

Even i'm getting 10 - 12 kmpl in Bangalore city driving with full time A/c. May be the 25kmpl which i got is c'se of very sparingly used A/c due to the weather condition.

Suspension noise - Its a kind of tik-tik noise which was coming from the RHS side all road conditions.

Regarding the needle, in my car when i do a full tank auto cut off its always just above the starting mark.
Wildon, thats a great mileage for a highway trip. While coming fro Karkala to Bangalore, i came on my Dads i20 Magna. But i didn't drive in a disciplined way as you did. Reached a top speed of 150 kmph. And on the fantastic roads after Hassan drove consistently above 100 kmph. I got a overall mileage of just 15.44 kmpl.

While going from Bangalore to Karkala, i drove in a similar way in my i10 and i got similar figures(16 kmpl i guess).

Given that style of driving, are these figures expected?
Old 12th September 2011, 22:10   #742
BHPian

I have tried looking for my reply in the forum and I thought this thread would be the best one to post my query on.

I've been inclined in installing the Bluetooth telephone console on to my 2010 i20 and was thinking whether it would be possible.

Has anybody tried?
Old 13th September 2011, 10:40   #743
BHPian

One easy option would be to buy a GPS receiver with Bluetooth support. That'd be much simpler.

@wildon - How often do you change the oil and which one do you use?

Last edited by kalpeshc : 13th September 2011 at 10:44.
Old 16th September 2011, 16:57   #744
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by senindra View Post
I've been inclined in installing the Bluetooth telephone console on to my 2010 i20 and was thinking whether it would be possible.
Quote:
One easy option would be to buy a GPS receiver with Bluetooth support. That'd be much simpler.
Its possible.
1. Install a car audio kit. for e.g Parrot, Nokia etc and buy a telemute lead which suitable to the car so that you can route the voice through the Car HU System.

2. As Kalpeshc said install Multipurpose device with Bluetooth. Make sure that the device has FM transmitter so that you can route the voice through the existing car HU.

Quote:
@wildon - How often do you change the oil and which one do you use?
I stick to what the owners manual says.
Old 16th September 2011, 22:05   #745
BHPian

I have thought about the parrot. What I am using at the moment is a griffin product which has a cable going into the aux ports of the HU and the that of the phone with a mic. I have been pretty satisfied with it. The only disadvantage being I have to press aux when there is an incoming call and I'm listening to something from the radio or cd otherwise it's pretty smooth. Thanks for your suggestions.I was actually more inclined towards adding the stock setup which is available at the moment on the present i10 and 20s.

Old 22nd September 2011, 19:53   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyking View Post
Here is the invoice. Hope you get it replaced too!
Attachment 601613
Lemme know if you need a higher res image, TE allows a max on 1Mb only.

And, they just checked the pads during the third service. After the service am having issues. Will get them to bleed the lines if necessary.
Hey Spyking, atlast i am entitled for both of my Flip key replacement.
Even after the dealer hesitated to replace it under warranty.

I was forced to write to the HMIL regarding this issue when the dealer hesitated to replace. But the very next day dealer called up and asked me to get my key and car for a check up. They tried to replace my Flipkey with a flip key what they had in stock. But the key they have and my original key both turned Invalid and failed to restore the code registration. Seems they messed up with Gscan and the flip key . Now i am in a position that i cannot even use my old key to start my car and they are forced to replace my 2 set of keys including the one in the bank as a security. I may receive both keys within 2 days of time. (2 set of Flip key cost 15,000 INR)
Old 26th September 2011, 16:45   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by webblescott View Post
Hey Spyking, atlast i am entitled for both of my Flip key replacement.
Even after the dealer hesitated to replace it under warranty.

I was forced to write to the HMIL regarding this issue when the dealer hesitated to replace. But the very next day dealer called up and asked me to get my key and car for a check up. They tried to replace my Flipkey with a flip key what they had in stock. But the key they have and my original key both turned Invalid and failed to restore the code registration. Seems they messed up with Gscan and the flip key . Now i am in a position that i cannot even use my old key to start my car and they are forced to replace my 2 set of keys including the one in the bank as a security. I may receive both keys within 2 days of time. (2 set of Flip key cost 15,000 INR)
They didn't have to change the module on mine, they just removed the casing, keeping my key and module and replaced the casing with a new one..
Old 28th September 2011, 16:27   #748
BHPian

Hey Guys,

My i20 is 10 months old, just done 10,000. Im not very happy with the dark interiors and am planning to put seat covers. Ive shortlisted a compnay called Autoform. Anyone know anything about it? They have a option called U Pass, the only one that seems to go with the interior of the i20 is Offwhite. Comments please?
Old 28th September 2011, 16:39   #749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500 View Post
They have a option called U Pass, the only one that seems to go with the interior of the i20 is Offwhite
That shade looks good, also check the U Impress , in that you will get Offwhite, Champaign and Grey shades. What is the price range for this.

Autoform, Autoform India, Car Accessories, Car Accessory, Quality Car Covers, Quality Car Seat Covers, Car Upholstery, Designer Car Covers, Designer Covers, No.1 Seat Cover Manufacturer in INDIA
Old 29th September 2011, 14:05   #750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
That shade looks good, also check the U Impress , in that you will get Offwhite, Champaign and Grey shades. What is the price range for this.

Autoform, Autoform India, Car Accessories, Car Accessory, Quality Car Covers, Quality Car Seat Covers, Car Upholstery, Designer Car Covers, Designer Covers, No.1 Seat Cover Manufacturer in INDIA
Hi Wildon,

Thanks for your input. I did chk out U impress but I didnt like the design! They have a dealer in Bombay. Its 8500 for the covers.

Small note to everyone about my i20. Its a Berry Red 1.2 Asta Petrol with ABS, ordered in Nov 2010, was delivered to me on the 9th Of Dec 2010. As the car is registered outside octroi limits I paid approx 6.3 for it, otherwise its approx 6.8 is registered in Bombay. Just got back from its 10,000km service today. Been very happy with my dealer, Asset Auto, bought the car from them as well and got it serviced there as well. They are about 1 hr away from where I live, but Im happy with there service so as of now Ill stick to them. Its the spare car of the house, so always driven by multiple people no fixed person driving it everyday, some days its untouched. Been very happy with the car so far, no problem,touchwood.

I needed a car in this segment, but my main issue was that it has to be a spacious car, with a decent boot and enough room for 3 people in the back.After doing all my research this car seemed to fit the bill. Only issue I have with the car is that I feel it has Zero performace, very sluggish. When I get some time, im going to try to see what upgrades I can do for the engine. Thats all for now!!

Most Viewed