Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 18:10   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Folks,

I would like get Boot mat for my i20 Asta in Bangalore. I enquired in service centres, but it is not available and i already waited for months. They said, they get boot mats only for Santro or i10.

Any suggestions from where i can get i20 boot mats alternatively?

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 30th November 2011, 22:33   #782
BHPian

Ravib,

I got the mat from Hyundai guys only, but it was part of all the mats. I am not sure if you are looking only for one mat. I am going to service center tomorrow, I can also check. Even I wanted only the driver side mat
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 23:51   #783
Senior - BHPian

Yes nagarjun, i am only looking for only boot mat. I already have floor mats.
Please let me know, if you get any details...

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 6th December 2011, 12:58   #784
BHPian

I too have 2010 Sportz variant. If I lock all doors using the driver side lock, would the rear passengers be able to open the doors when the car is in motion. I believe they should not be able to open the doors right? They should not be able to even unlock the doors if the driver side door is locked.

I've been arguing with the service center about this and they are adamant that it's not the case with i20 (even Asta !)
Old 6th December 2011, 22:41   #785

I have a strange problem with the i20 (Asta) lock mechanism. if i lock the car from inside using the driver side lock - that locks all four doors.
Now if the front passenger just pulls the handle on the passenger door - without unlocking, it just opens the door.
That seems like a crazy setup to me! my kid accidentally did that and the door opened and that could have been really risky, luckily the 'ding' 'ding' sound went off so I knew something was wrong - but this is crazy behaviour of the locking system.
I checked with the Kun Hyundai service center and they were able to reproduce the same issue on multiple i20s and Vernas; about 5-6 of the service engineers said that that is just how the locking mechanism behaves and they do not have a solution to that. I told them there must be some way to program it - but they did not seem to know.
I wanted to check if anyone in this forum faced a similar issue and if they have had any luck in programming the key.
The car i am talking about is an i20 asta, 2010 model that comes with the electronic foldable key with three buttons - lock, boot unlock and unlock.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:25   #786
BHPian

Kalpesh,

Yes the rear passengers can open the door by unlocking it manually and they cannot open by using the lever, they have to use the unlocker above the lever. I have an Asta and its the same.
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 23:13   #787
BHPian

Re: FE Display in i20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I was searching for an option to find out whether FE can be displayed like in the Linea/Punto and found out that the Particular display unit which is fitted in our Indian version wont have this option. So no need to try out any combinations of pressing various buttons in the panel.

But the interesting part is that if we can procure the Display unit which using in Europe there are possibilities that FE can be displayed but not confirmed. Now i'm scratching my head that how to confirm this and from where i can procure one.

The FE feature is displayed in an i20 which is sold as "Dynamic". In UK 'Classic', 'Comfort' and 'Style' models are selling.

This is how the display in Dynamic Version of i20
Attachment 230416

Just look at the Petrol Bunk icon at the top row.
Hi Wildon,

Any luck on the "Distance to Empty" feature? if yes, please please share the details

Cheers!
Asif
Old 16th January 2012, 10:29   #788
Senior - BHPian

I have scangauge 2 connected to my i20 and it shows realtime FE in km/L. The avg fe in mine hovers around 15kmpl.

Realtime, I get loads of variable values like when I'm driving at ~60 in 5th gear and cruising along on an expressway I get ~ 22 kmpl but varies a lot with braking, etc.

There are loads of other functions like realtime HorsePower usage display, intake manifold temperature etc. It can also scan, identify and store ecu error codes! And much more!

I was wondering if I could fit that in place of i20's stock display!?
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 12:27   #789
BHPian

Lately (after the 18 month service precisely), all of a sudden I've started feeling extremely loss of power in the 1st gear. If my car stops at toll gates having those plasticky speed breakers, I am just not able to cross them when there's zero momentum (when the wheels are just touching the speedbreaker and I'm in 1st). The car keeps stalling on increasing the RPM. Will test it out again and check whether it's any problems with the clutch and it'd be slipping.
Old 24th January 2012, 12:52   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I have scangauge 2 connected to my i20 and it shows realtime FE in km/L. The avg fe in mine hovers around 15kmpl.

Realtime, I get loads of variable values like when I'm driving at ~60 in 5th gear and cruising along on an expressway I get ~ 22 kmpl but varies a lot with braking, etc.

There are loads of other functions like realtime HorsePower usage display, intake manifold temperature etc. It can also scan, identify and store ecu error codes! And much more!

I was wondering if I could fit that in place of i20's stock display!?
Could you post more details on this? Does it connects directly to the ECU? How much did it cost you? Also a pic?

Thanks!
Old 24th January 2012, 14:09   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Could you post more details on this? Does it connects directly to the ECU? How much did it cost you? Also a pic?

Thanks!
Here are the pics and info I posted - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2379350

It connects to the ecu via the OBD port.

If you open the beige panel below the steering wheel, you'll see the OBD port on the right side!
Old 24th January 2012, 14:41   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodallamraju View Post
I have a strange problem with the i20 (Asta) lock mechanism. if i lock the car from inside using the driver side lock - that locks all four doors.
Now if the front passenger just pulls the handle on the passenger door - without unlocking, it just opens the door.
That seems like a crazy setup to me! my kid accidentally did that and the door opened and that could have been really risky, luckily the 'ding' 'ding' sound went off so I knew something was wrong - but this is crazy behaviour of the locking system.
the above mentioned is a feature and I like it the way it is.

for kids, the expectation is they will sit in the back and there are child-locks on both the backdoors so they can't unlock nor open the doors from inside.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:13   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified
Carbon fiber Vinyl's. How much do they cost ? Where can i get them from ?. Just in case i get a spoiler, can i use the vinyl on the Spoiler too ? (Again. I might remove it if i don't like it. But just want to give it a try).
Hey Kimified,

Any luck on the carbon fibre vinyls buddy? As suggested by sohail, 3M Di-NOC is the best quality one available in the market?

Di-NOC has actual woven texture on the surface thus gives the real carbon fibre effect compared to those cheap printed ones..
Planning to check in koramangala and jc road next weekend..

Asif
Old 13th February 2012, 20:16   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99
Most mod shops should have carbon fiber vinyls! I had to import them as I couldn't find it here!

And yes, you can apply vinyls to almost all the surfaces! I bought the vinyl for my front grille and air dam! I'm not too confident about using them on paint though!
Sohail Bhai,

How did the carbon fibre look turned out? Please post some pics...

Asif
Old 2nd March 2012, 16:19   #795
BANNED

30000 K.M - 3rd Paid Service Update

Its 30009k.m on odo and time for 3rd Paid service.

Problems Reported:

1. Steering Noise - Kudos to Hyundai for not solving this yet.
2. Vehicle Pulling left
3. Rattle sound from Front Left door
4. Rear Wiper fix (some one has twisted it when i parked at home)
5. Rattle sound from Dash board
6. knocking , missing acceleration sometimes.

I have asked them to do a 3M interior cleaning and Emission test renewal which will be extra.

Parts changed in this Service:

1. Engine Oil
2. Fuel filter
3. Air filter
4. Spark Plugs (4nos)
5. Transmission oil
6. Coolant
7. Engine oil Filter

The Material Cost came to Rs.5568.21/- (including Tax) and
Labour charges came to Rs.2589.86/-
Total : Rs.8158.

Opted out for Wheel Alignment, Balancing and rotation as planing to do it outside.

Break-up of the cost

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-cost.jpg

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-cost1.jpg

After Service results to the problems:

Done a 1500 K.M after the service so far.

1. Steering rattle is back.
2. Knocking, missing acceleration is gone and car seems to be lot smoother.
3. Rear wiper back in action
4. Front Door rattle is gone

Tyre rotation, Alignment and balancing is still pending.

I have experimented with Torque App this time with the combination of my Nexus S and attaching a Screen shot of the FE.

Name:  Screenshot_20120213091226.png
Views: 2537
Size:  226.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20120213091302.png
Views: 2456
Size:  225.6 KB
wildon is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed