Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2012, 21:51   #811
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
can someone tell me how i can verify the steering rattle in i20? I have an iGen i20 CRDI which has done around 1450km and the steering seems to be making a 'click' sound while at low speeds while turning from left to right. It just started yesterday and wildon also seems to have reporting similar noise in his car a while back.

Any inputs?

Thanks,
Kiran
Your experience is similar to mine. my 3 months old i gen i20 petrol with 5400 kms till date, makes a " click or tak" sound when steering is fully turned in clockwise direction. this mostly happens when i try to park the car. it seems this noise was present since day 1 but i could notice it only when i tried to park in a tight spot.
Old 10th October 2012, 10:50   #812
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post
Your experience is similar to mine. my 3 months old i gen i20 petrol with 5400 kms till date, makes a " click or tak" sound when steering is fully turned in clockwise direction. this mostly happens when i try to park the car. it seems this noise was present since day 1 but i could notice it only when i tried to park in a tight spot.
Looks like it is a known issue and it is mentioned in the user manual and apparently it signifies proper functioning of ABS. Here is a perspective of another TBHP user on this on i20 official review thread. link. I haven't checked the manual though.

thanks,
kiran
Old 13th December 2012, 20:04   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Looks like it is a known issue and it is mentioned in the user manual and apparently it signifies proper functioning of ABS. Here is a perspective of another TBHP user on this on i20 official review thread. link. I haven't checked the manual though.

thanks,
kiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal singh View Post

Hi guys, Well nothing to worry about the rattling noise, It's a common known issue that comes with i20s previous and new models as well. If you guys go through the thread from the begining you will find a lot of people complaining about the rattling noise. So as far as you guys are in warranty period you will get the service for the same for free. Next time when you take down for your service do inform them about the issue and they will fix the issue by placing a Yoke Plug. Well this is not a permanent fix but atleast for few 1000's of kms you will be running without the rattling noise.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:55   #814
BHPian

[COLOR=black]I am having a strange issue with my i20. All my 4 turn indicator lights go on haphazardly when I am driving. There is no way I can switch them off. I tried to press the emergency switch but no response. The only solution is to switch of the car, remove the keys from ignition and wait for 25-35 seconds, all the yellow indicators go off. Am I the only one who is facing this issue? I am taking the car to the service station this weekend. Any idea why this could be happening.[/COLOR]
Old 27th December 2012, 10:36   #815
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang29 View Post
Any idea why this could be happening.
Not yet experienced this. Its better to check up in the A.S.S.

Its been a long time now i have updated this thread. Yearly maintenance is due.

Here is To Do list.

1. Bumper replacement (as fog light clamp is not holding up due to the dog hit) - Claiming insurance.

2. Left front fog lamp replacement as its getting foggy in wet conditions.

3. Painting of both ORVM's due to scratches

4. Wax polishing / car detailing - Thinking of 3M Car Care , HSR Layout

Not much running now a days due to NAMMA METRO commuting.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:31   #816
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
I got this done a few weeks back, I got even the paint sealant done, car looks stunning now.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:29   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet experienced this. Its better to check up in the A.S.S.

Its been a long time now i have updated this thread. Yearly maintenance is due.

Here is To Do list.

1. Bumper replacement (as fog light clamp is not holding up due to the dog hit) - Claiming insurance.

2. Left front fog lamp replacement as its getting foggy in wet conditions.

3. Painting of both ORVM's due to scratches

Not much running now a days due to NAMMA METRO commuting.
Hey! Thanks for the update!

Can you please tell how to remove the front bumper?

I am retrofitting LED fog lamp modules in my i20's stock fog lamps, but can't seem to remove the front driver's side foglamp as it lies adjacent to the windshield washer reservoir tank! (the passenger side one was easy to remove and I removed it from below the car after detaching the extension of the wheel-well that is attached to the bumper underside!) (there's enough room behind there unlike the driver's side fog lamp)

I tried removing all the screws related to the bumper, but it just wont budge!! :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang29 View Post
[COLOR=black]I am having a strange issue with my i20. All my 4 turn indicator lights go on haphazardly when I am driving. There is no way I can switch them off. I tried to press the emergency switch but no response. The only solution is to switch of the car, remove the keys from ignition and wait for 25-35 seconds, all the yellow indicators go off. Am I the only one who is facing this issue? I am taking the car to the service station this weekend. Any idea why this could be happening.[/COLOR]
Do you have airbags in your i20?
I've seen that when airbags deploy in cars like bmw etc. their hazard lights are automatically engaged!
Maybe something shorting those sensors!?

I may be wrong

Last edited by sohail99 : 31st December 2012 at 10:34.
Old 31st December 2012, 11:15   #818
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Can you please tell how to remove the front bumper?
Remove those screws which is marked in RED.

Name:  i20 FBR.gif
Views: 6885
Size:  21.7 KB

Last edited by wildon : 31st December 2012 at 11:17.
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 11:33   #819
BHPian

All the blinkers going on at the same time. The problem lies with the relay component in BCM. If I had to change the BCM module it costs me Rs.14,500. My warranty just got expired in Sept 12. I would advice all the i20 owners to go for the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year too.
The mechanic at the service center has assured me he will look for a workaround instead of changing the whole unit. Phew !
Old 31st December 2012, 12:24   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Remove those screws which is marked in RED.

Attachment 1032866
Already tried that and even removed more than the ones marked in that picture, that I thought were necessary for bumper removal, but still it held on like no screws were removed!!!

There must be some way to dislodge the bumper after removing all the marked screws/rivets!

I tried to pry it apart, but it seemed like an unsafe thing to do, as the bumper was flexing under force but not moving one bit!!

Last edited by sohail99 : 31st December 2012 at 12:27.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:34   #821
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
Already tried that and even removed more than the ones marked in that picture, that I thought were necessary for bumper removal, but still it held on like no screws were removed!!!
After unscrewing, unclip the wheel arch portions first,the bottom portion, then push upward the bumper from the bottom to take it out.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 12:57   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After unscrewing, unclip the wheel arch portions first,the bottom portion, then push upward the bumper from the bottom to take it out.
Yea! The diagram doesn't show to remove the rivets connecting the wheel arch portions to the bumper underside!

Will try to push it upward from the inside! (is it positioned by side rails connected to the fenders?)

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by sohail99 : 31st December 2012 at 12:58.
Old 31st December 2012, 13:24   #823
BANNED

Update :

All the maintenance works has been completed. Opted for 3M Paint Sealant Program at HSR Layout outlet. The car now looks stunning with great finish.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_20121229_121120.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_20121229_121052.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-img_20121229_121034.jpg  

wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 12:09   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
It worked. Changed it to FAT32 & now its working.
Thank you.
I have tried formatting my 8GB Sony Pendrive. The Files system is FAT32 itself but it is either not responding or is showing "Reading Error". Any idea what I can do next? I also hear that the i20 cannot read pendrives having capacity upwards of 4GB. But your's is an 8GB one right? Any suggestions?
Old 28th January 2013, 19:29   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Jayan

I have tried formatting my 8GB Sony Pendrive. The Files system is FAT32 itself but it is either not responding or is showing "Reading Error". Any idea what I can do next? I also hear that the i20 cannot read pendrives having capacity upwards of 4GB. But your's is an 8GB one right? Any suggestions?
Need to check. But mostly its 8gb. Have you tried any other pen drive? May be something is wrong with the current one you are using.
Me-hul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks