Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 10:50   #841

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Hey ab500 can you give us an update on your modifications... was planning something similar for my car as well here in Bangalore...
Old 11th April 2013, 16:26   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Thacker View Post
Hey ab500 can you give us an update on your modifications... was planning something similar for my car as well here in Bangalore...
Hi Adil, To start off 2 weeks ago I installed a Piper Cross Air Filter, Great decison. I can feel the difference of power in 2nd and 3rd, though in terms of HP its probably 2 hp or so, but the pickup has improved and the car feels a bit peppy. In 2 weeks time, im planning on installing a Magna Flow end Can which will boost the car by another 2 or 3 HP, I feel. Will update the forum on that outcome as well.
Old 20th April 2013, 12:28   #843

Thanks ab500 and yes please keep us updated... I too am thinking about adding an air filter.. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Old 20th April 2013, 18:50   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab500

Hi Adil, To start off 2 weeks ago I installed a Piper Cross Air Filter, Great decison. I can feel the difference of power in 2nd and 3rd, though in terms of HP its probably 2 hp or so, but the pickup has improved and the car feels a bit peppy. In 2 weeks time, im planning on installing a Magna Flow end Can which will boost the car by another 2 or 3 HP, I feel. Will update the forum on that outcome as well.
Does this have an effect on the fuel economy?
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:52   #845

[COLOR=black]Hi all,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]I have Typical issue in my i20 Asta ABS (Oct 2009 model. Will not have a regular drive and just crossed 13500 Kms).[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Issue: Gear never engages at times. Gear rod will move in the respective position and never engages with any of the gear.(2 times in last two years). As per my observation both the times it happens during hilly/steep roads where the maximum usage of clutch. But it will automatically engage after 10 / 15mins. Later the drive will be normal. This issue is already notified to Hyundai service centre. No clues from them. They did a test drive and find the clutch engagement and plates are fine.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black] Is it really need to bother or ignore? Please suggest.[/COLOR]
Old 29th April 2013, 11:50   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthidev View Post
Issue: Gear never engages at times. Gear rod will move in the respective position and never engages with any of the gear.(2 times in last two years). As per my observation both the times it happens during hilly/steep roads where the maximum usage of clutch. But it will automatically engage after 10 / 15mins. Later the drive will be normal. This issue is already notified to Hyundai service centre. No clues from them. They did a test drive and find the clutch engagement and plates are fine.

Is it really need to bother or ignore? Please suggest.
Have you felt the clutch became hard when the gears do not engage? Please ask your ASC to check the clutch master cylinder and clutch release assembly.

I faced similar symptoms as yours in my Sept 2009 i20 1.2 Asta. One fine morning the clutch malfunctioned leaving me and a couple of friends stranded on the highway. Details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2806575

Clutch Master Cylinder & Clutch release Assembly had to be replaced in my car.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 29th April 2013 at 11:53.
Old 5th May 2013, 00:18   #847
BANNED

Another Paid Service is done @ 42000 K.M.

Prior to this service, there was some problem occured from clutch. While depressing the clutch it was not releasing back to normal position. It was happened couple of times.

This was happened when i shifted from 4th to 5th and was almost got rear ended . Parked the vehicle for 15 min to the side and started again everything was back to normal.

After this incident the clutch is giving squeaking sound while pressing the pedal. The service guy checked the same by removing the pedal, applied some grease, used a bottle of anti rust spray etc. but the sound remains.

Now the service center is saying the sound is coming from the clutch master cylinder/ clutch release assembly portion.

He asked me to drive for another 2-3 days to check whether the sound goes off, Escalated the matter to Hyundai as others are facing the almost similar kind of problem.

Last edited by wildon : 5th May 2013 at 00:20.
Old 24th May 2013, 09:45   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

After this incident the clutch is giving squeaking sound while pressing the pedal. The service guy checked the same by removing the pedal, applied some grease, used a bottle of anti rust spray etc. but the sound remains.

Now the service center is saying the sound is coming from the clutch master cylinder/ clutch release assembly portion.

He asked me to drive for another 2-3 days to check whether the sound goes off, Escalated the matter to Hyundai as others are facing the almost similar kind of problem.
Wildon,
Any further update on this issue?
My i20, which is almost as old as yours and has run for about 44000 odd kms, has again started making a squeaking sound when the clutch is pressed or released. The SA at Advaith, Mangalore said its probably because of the clutch master cylinder and it may have to be replaced (Bleeding was done but the sound remains) . I have grounded the car for the time being, as the clutch is also showing a nasty tendency(again) to jam randomly.
Old 24th June 2013, 16:35   #849
BHPian

I have a similar issue with my ORVM. Upon asking for replacement HMP Delhi quoted 3,500/- citing full replacement of assy as individual parts are not available.Shocking to come from a company owned showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The Left ORVM Glass is broken due to an impact which is caused by a Cargo Lorry. I really can't blame the Lorry driver as he saved a bikers life.

The Glass along with the glass holder came out from the ORVM assembly due to the impact. No other harm done to the car other than few scratches to the ORVM cover.

ORVM Cover after the impact

The Damaged Glass Holder

Mirror & Holder Assembly (left Side) - 87611-1J200

Cost 272 + Taxes = some around Rs.282.00
Old 24th June 2013, 16:38   #850
BHPian

Individual parts are indeed available. Got my ORVM glass and holder changed for around 300/350 rs.
Old 24th June 2013, 21:02   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Individual parts are indeed available. Got my ORVM glass and holder changed for around 300/350 rs.
I agree!

Btw both of my ORVMs failed after 3 yrs of use/disuse! (they failed to fold which was caused by what appeard to be broken or dislocated gears as I could hear the motor running)

I changed both of them for ~ 5k

Coated them for extended life and dust repellency! Hope they last a long time!
Old 25th June 2013, 11:04   #852
BHPian

My i20 ,now 3 years and 52000 kms old having the same problem of hard clutch.Also a squeaking sound when pressed ,same as kanchan reported.Any solutions from anybody?The sensor in the abs on the front wheel failed, it was replaced under warranty but now the rear wheel sensor has turned faulty and is due for replacement.
Old 26th June 2013, 19:50   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
My i20 ,now 3 years and 52000 kms old having the same problem of hard clutch.Also a squeaking sound when pressed ,same as kanchan reported.Any solutions from anybody?The sensor in the abs on the front wheel failed, it was replaced under warranty but now the rear wheel sensor has turned faulty and is due for replacement.
I got my car back today after giving the car to Advaith Hyundai, Mangalore to fix gear oil leakage. I shall post details about the same on my thread later.

I had also asked them to check the squeaking sound when the clutch pedal is released. The SA said they have greased the clutch spring and the sound should not crop up anymore. Even if it does, its not a cause for worry if it is heard rarely. However, if the sound starts coming regularly, the spring and may be the clutch pedal have to be replaced. Hope this helps you.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 11:21   #854
BHPian

My i20 has developed another snag.water is seeping from the front door top side and as the monsoons are raging the dripping is quite heavy too.I thought that the beading might have been damaged and thus the dripping, but the service centre guys are not buying that and they say that nothing is wrong with it and the alignment of the door is to be blamed for this.How can the alignment of the door change on its own?They have adjusted the door and now the dripping is still there and the door is hard to close also.Anyone facing same problem here or can suggest the possible reasons for this ?
Old 21st September 2013, 04:07   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I agree!

Btw both of my ORVMs failed after 3 yrs of use/disuse! (they failed to fold which was caused by what appeard to be broken or dislocated gears as I could hear the motor running)

I changed both of them for ~ 5k

Coated them for extended life and dust repellency! Hope they last a long time!
I just opened my old ORVMS down to the folding motor and gear assembly and found that plastic gears were interfacing with metal gears(to cut costs I presume! Very bad Hyundai! )
and one of the gears was broken in half. (obviously, the weak link here is plastic gears!)

The gear assembly
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-motor-gear-assembly1.jpg

Motor gear
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-motor-gear1.jpg

All the gears out and cleaned up

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-mears1.jpg

Is there any place where I can get maybe full metal gear replacements for these!? (because new ones will fail too eventually as they'll be plastic! )

Everything else is fine! motor is ok, so are the electrical mirror adjusts
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks