Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 16:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Any chance of you throwing in some alloys? White five spoke alloys and this car would be incredible
Old 6th September 2009, 22:39   #47
akp
BHPian

Thanks everyone. I was hoping to post some interior pictures as well, but could not manage it today. Actually I am struggling to get good interior shots because I do not have a camera with a wide-angle lens. Let me see what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Switch to Michelin Primacy LC tires and you'll notice a further improvement. You may have to pay a small difference given the 2500 odd kms you've put on your tires already.
Quote:
Small suggestion: once your free oil changes are over, switch to synthetic oil and a K&N air filter. Honda motors love lower friction and more airflow!
Thanks for your suggestions.
About oil, what I vaguely remember reading somewhere in this forum is that one should switch to synthetic only after the vehicle has run quite a bit, say 20-25k. Now that you are suggesting this, I will try to find that thread again and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
The jazz looks most appealing viewed from side. Isnt it?
I like the view from the front left or front right a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Any chance of you throwing in some alloys? White five spoke alloys and this car would be incredible
Right now I am not thinking along those lines. Let's see.
Old 6th September 2009, 23:47   #48
BHPian

Hi akp,
Your car looks great, good color choice. congrats!
Old 7th September 2009, 08:29   #49
BHPian

What happens to the warranty if you upgrade to alloys. Because even I want them. But the OEM stuff is a whopping 54k for a set of 5 wheels only. With tyres it is going to 70-80k. Whats Honda's take on it. Anyone?
Old 7th September 2009, 11:14   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
About oil, what I vaguely remember reading somewhere in this forum is that one should switch to synthetic only after the vehicle has run quite a bit, say 20-25k. Now that you are suggesting this, I will try to find that thread again and check.
Nope. The first two oil changes are plenty before switching to Synthetic. First should clear out all the metal shavings, fine particles that get trapped in the oil/ filter from new cars. The 2nd oil change will allow the engine seals to completely soak in the good ol' dino oil.

Keep in mind, high end motors come with Synthetic from the factory.

Do not change the oil grade i.e. if Honda recommends 10W40, only use 10W40 Synthetic. Some synthetic oil sellers will try and force you to use a different grade (eg. 15W50 or some other variation) because they buy in bulk to gain price advantage. Avoid this.
Old 8th September 2009, 00:33   #51
akp
BHPian

Quote:
What happens to the warranty if you upgrade to alloys. Because even I want them. But the OEM stuff is a whopping 54k for a set of 5 wheels only. With tyres it is going to 70-80k. Whats Honda's take on it. Anyone?
Well, the dealer said if I get alloys from outside, warranty becomes void. Maybe one should ask them what make and specification are they going to provide at 54/55k. And what if we buy the same specification alloys from outside and get them fitted from the dealer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Nope. The first two oil changes are plenty before switching to Synthetic. First should clear out all the metal shavings, fine particles that get trapped in the oil/ filter from new cars. The 2nd oil change will allow the engine seals to completely soak in the good ol' dino oil.

Keep in mind, high end motors come with Synthetic from the factory.

Do not change the oil grade i.e. if Honda recommends 10W40, only use 10W40 Synthetic. Some synthetic oil sellers will try and force you to use a different grade (eg. 15W50 or some other variation) because they buy in bulk to gain price advantage. Avoid this.

Thanks a lot, Screwdriva.
Old 8th September 2009, 09:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the dealer said if I get alloys from outside, warranty becomes void. Maybe one should ask them what make and specification are they going to provide at 54/55k. And what if we buy the same specification alloys from outside and get them fitted from the dealer?
I believe this is an option, since when I had enquired one of the dealers here in Blr had said that they themselves can get some other Alloys if I didnt like the design / cost of the OEM alloys.
Old 13th September 2009, 18:29   #53
akp
BHPian

Few more pictures.

Planning to visit Orchha next weekend. Will post an update after the trip.

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090913113742_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090913114234_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090913141545_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090913141604_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090913120152_scaled.jpg

Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20090913141713_scaled.jpg
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2009, 13:09   #54
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Nice pics. Why are you using that strange looking steering wheel cover? The Jazz' steering wheel is fantastic to hold.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:36   #55
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nice pics. Why are you using that strange looking steering wheel cover? The Jazz' steering wheel is fantastic to hold.
I agree; but I have a special reason! My palms sweat a lot at times and I need something that gives me a firm grip and does not slip. And I find this Rs 100 steering cover very well suited for that.
Old 14th September 2009, 17:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Speedometer, RPM meter, indicators, steering wheel+ controls etc look exactly like ANHC. only the MID color and fonts seems to be changed.

can you confirm what all indications are shown on MID ?

thanks,
Old 14th September 2009, 19:37   #57
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
Speedometer, RPM meter, indicators, steering wheel+ controls etc look exactly like ANHC. only the MID color and fonts seems to be changed.

can you confirm what all indications are shown on MID ?

thanks,

I guess you mean the display inside the speedometer dial -- well, it is not really a multi information display -- upper half of it shows instant FE (you won't see it in any of these pictures, as the engine was not on) and lower part shows the following numbers as you press and release the reset knob repeatedly: total distance run, trip length, trip FE, and distance to empty. The last one is an estimate, of course.
Old 14th September 2009, 20:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you mean the display inside the speedometer dial -- well, it is not really a multi information display -- upper half of it shows instant FE (you won't see it in any of these pictures, as the engine was not on) and lower part shows the following numbers as you press and release the reset knob repeatedly: total distance run, trip length, trip FE, and distance to empty. The last one is an estimate, of course.
yes, it seems it is same MID like ANHC, except the change in back light.
Old 19th September 2009, 08:26   #59
BHPian

@akp, how do you find the sitting comfort on driver's seat? It gave me a solid back pain in just 25 mins of city drive!! The curve of the backrest does not seem to be good enough for me.
Old 20th September 2009, 18:36   #60
akp
BHPian

Quote:
@akp, how do you find the sitting comfort on driver's seat? It gave me a solid back pain in just 25 mins of city drive!! The curve of the backrest does not seem to be good enough for me.
So far I have not had any problem with my back. In fact just yesterday, we drove down to Orchha (which is where I am posting this from) -- it was nearly a 9 hour drive with the last 3-1/2 hour really terrible stretch of road -- and still my back seems to be fine. However I felt the thigh support could have been better. At the same time, I do feel such issues are heavily dependent on various user specific parameters (size/shape and such). So it is difficult to come up with something that will suit all users.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks