Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2010, 13:24   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Got the fourth service done today, at 13690 km.
Jobs done:
  • tyre rotation,
  • cleaning of air filter, dust & pollen filter,
  • wheel balancing,
  • (wheel alignment not done because the person who does it was absent; planning to get it done from a tyre shop)
  • various checks,
  • top up break fluid and clutch fluid,
  • washing.
(oil not changed, as I had put synthetic during the last service, which was a little over 5000 km earlier)

Total cost:
  • wheel balancing + weights: 300+24 + taxes,
  • service: 650 + taxes,
Total: Rs 1074/-
(Strictly speaking, one should also include the cost of wheel balancing, which is another 400/-, as it was supposed to be done in this service)

Other than this, there is not much to report. The car is running absolutely fine. We are planning to take it again to Himachal next month for a 8/9 day trip.
Hey AKP,
Hope the Jazz is doing great. Thanks for the update mate. Apart from this any rattles or squeaks from the interior, owing to the stiffer suspsension?

Also, wanted to tell you. BE a regular when it comes to tyre alignment. Get the alignment checked every 5000kms and get it balanced every 10,000 kms. Not only this ensures a smoother drive, but you get consistent grip and handling as well.

As for the oil, i dont think you need to change it till a good 15000 kms more. Synthetic is real fun.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:44   #107
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Hey AKP,
Hope the Jazz is doing great.
Yes, its doing great so far. Just over a year and 16000km on the odo now. Will write a report as soon as I have a little more time.
Old 19th July 2010, 14:45   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp View Post
Yes, its doing great so far. Just over a year and 16000km on the odo now. Will write a report as soon as I have a little more time.
Eagerly waiting for your update. Hope you find some time soon !
Old 7th October 2010, 23:30   #109
BHPian

hi akp,
just went through the entire thread and i must say its a really well put down ownership thread, very informative.

i need some advice from you regarding my jazz.

i got the car in feb2010 and got the 2nd service done at 3500km mark in may,
now my car is due for its 3rd service and has done 8000kms.
i got the oil changed during the second service, opted for normal oil.

now i am not sure as to go for synthetic or normal oil, as i don't use the car extensively. will it be fine if i continue using normal oil?
Old 8th October 2010, 11:26   #110
BANNED

As far as I know Honda says 10,000/12 months with synthetic and half that with mineral. Cost wise the latter is definitely cheaper. The only point in favour of synthetics is that the hydraulic circuit (tappets) gets going faster with a synthetic (esp if you use 0w.. or 5W..).
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2010, 12:07   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post

now i am not sure as to go for synthetic or normal oil, as i don't use the car extensively. will it be fine if i continue using normal oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As far as I know Honda says 10,000/12 months with synthetic and half that with mineral. Cost wise the latter is definitely cheaper. The only point in favour of synthetics is that the hydraulic circuit (tappets) gets going faster with a synthetic (esp if you use 0w.. or 5W..).
Hi superboy, as a fellow Jazz owner & 1 who also has a monthly running of around 1k, here is my take.
The owners manual does give out a lot of information but I feel that given the state of our roads (or lack of them) & the general running condition I feel a visit to the dealer/service station every 6 months is prudent. I really feel the difference everytime (though just a few times till now) I drive out. Companies claim long service intervals, huge oil-change intervals but personally I do not advocate them. If your dealership is not a big pain I would recommend a visit every 6 months & mineral oil just for the sheer economics. However that doesn't mean I'm not on top of things, I have a detailed discussion with my service engg about the jobs that need to happen & the jobs that needn't. We convince each other & mutually agree & finalize it. Needless to mention I do my homework before the discussion else there is a slight chance that they'll take you for a small time ride.

Please note this is not a technical or mechanical take so I may be flawed but this is what I intend to practice unless I'm made to understand otherwise (meaning it is actually harmful for the car).

Fellow members, do comment on your personal take. I believe & respect the fact that no single strategy fits all so this was my situation & strategy. Would love to hear from others.
Old 8th October 2010, 13:57   #112
BHPian

Hey akp,

Great review of your car..people like you have lots of patience to jolt through all the datas, definite special appreciation for this and yeah i am noting down the same way as you had mentioned except putting them as a soft copy, but you have shared your idea of putting them on google, so will try to follow the same.

Great going..

@surd_biker

Good info from your part, didnt know the advantages of using PEF's although i use it, thanks for sharing the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker;1689998

[IMG
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/136099.jpg[/IMG]

Therefore, whether or not you feel a perceptible difference in the drive or fuel efficiency, tanking up on PEFs is a good idea.

Last edited by informmaha : 8th October 2010 at 14:00.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:13   #113
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
hi akp,
just went through the entire thread and i must say its a really well put down ownership thread, very informative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by informmaha View Post
Hey akp,

Great review of your car.
Thanks, guys.

Quote:
i need some advice from you regarding my jazz.

I guess it would be alright. Just keep changing at recommended intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The synthetic that Honda puts in Jazz is 0W30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outLANDish View Post
The owners manual does give out a lot of information but I feel that given the state of our roads (or lack of them) & the general running condition I feel a visit to the dealer/service station every 6 months is prudent.
I'd tend to agree.
A routine service costs about 800/- and it includes washing. So even though Honda recommended service intervals are more frequent than most other brands (5000km/3months is the recommended interval - you can stretch it to about 6 months without disturbing warranty), I don't see too much of a problem there.

A small update on my car: it has now completed over 18000km, and is doing absolutely fine. Now that the AC usage has come down a little, I am getting about 15/15.5 kmpl. Would like to write a detailed review, but just not managing to get enough time.
Old 8th October 2010, 19:42   #114
BHPian

thanks for the prompt reply guys,
after reading through your suggestions i feel its best i stick to use of normal oil and a six month service interval.

still i will get in touch with the dealership here and see what my SA suggests.
will update you guys after getting the service done.
Old 5th January 2011, 18:49   #115
akp
BHPian

re: Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)

Just finished a 10-day trip to Kolkata along with a visit to a resort in a village about 90 km from Kolkata.

Total distance covered: 3311 km (included travel in cities, on some rural roads), petrol consumed: 204.58 ltr - that's an FE of 16.18 kmpl.

The car needed no attention during the entire trip.

Here is a picture of the luggage compartment
Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-201101021425.jpg
This is without folding the rear seats or without obstructing the rear view. You can put in some more if you do either of the two.

And here is the rear seat converted by my daughter to a cozy place to sleep:
Honda Jazz - My ownership report (30,000 km update on page 10)-20101228073354_cimg4134.jpg
akp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2011, 14:20   #116
BHPian

Wow akp, that is a hell a lot of luggage you managed inside.

Is there any difference you find in body balance during drive with such loads? Also one more query (sorry if its already addressed) ... In highways whats the max speed you explored and did you at any point thought that this Jazzy thing needs more energy (realistically)?

I am not particularly speed enthusiast, but at times of overtaking in few of our dangerous single roads, POWER can/will be a must. Does Jazz meets it?
Old 6th January 2011, 14:48   #117
Senior - BHPian

Hey akp,
somehow I missed your post.
Your Jazz is really fully loaded!

This car never surprised to amuse me with the amount of luggage it gobbles up so easily.

@swooper, I am kind of speed crazy. So, max I have done is 185 kmph on the speedo, though it is not safe to do such speeds on Indian roads. I was just testing the top speed and this is the max I could hit. I slowed down immediately.

Jazz feels very comfortable with passengers and luggage around 100-120 kmph cruising speed. No issues.

For critical overtakes, you need to make sure that you are above 3000 rpm (downshift as required) and you will be fine - the car zooms above 3000 rpm.

Also, there is no perceptible loss of power due to AC.
Old 6th January 2011, 17:05   #118
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swooper View Post
Is there any difference you find in body balance during drive with such loads?
No. If anything, the car feels a little better with a bit of load.

Quote:
Also one more query (sorry if its already addressed) ... In highways whats the max speed you explored and did you at any point thought that this Jazzy thing needs more energy (realistically)?
As per GPS, the maximum I went up to during this trip was 130 kmph, but generally was in the band 90-120. At those speeds, the car has enough power in reserve. As adimicra writes, you have to be ready to downshift and then you have enough torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Jazz feels very comfortable with passengers and luggage around 100-120 kmph cruising speed. No issues.

For critical overtakes, you need to make sure that you are above 3000 rpm (downshift as required) and you will be fine - the car zooms above 3000 rpm.

Also, there is no perceptible loss of power due to AC.
Completely agree. Thanks, adimicra for the detailed answers.
Old 12th April 2011, 00:50   #119
BHPian

Hey AKP, hows the Jazz doing?? always great to hear from ya mate. How are you gearing her up for the Indian summer??
Old 12th April 2011, 10:31   #120
akp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Hey AKP, hows the Jazz doing?? always great to hear from ya mate. How are you gearing her up for the Indian summer??

Well, this is going to be the third summer for the car, so nothing new really. I have not and do not plan to put any sunfilm - in fact even without any sunfilm, we are yet to use the AC at its full power.

Made first use of warranty. The music system had developed some noise - one from the cd rotating mechanism so you could hear it when you insert a cd and set volume to zero. The head unit was replaced free of cost, no questions asked.

Not much else to report on the car. It has covered more than 26000km now and the cumulative FE figure over the entire 26000+ km stands at 14.6 kmpl.

Most Viewed