Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 09:52   #31
BHPian

wow....that is quite a deal you struck! congrats and do share your experience too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post

Hi Biswas

In chennai..the onroad price for SPORTZ AT is 5.20 lacs.

I have booked the same - but electric red colour.

offer i have finally got

Direct cash Back - Rs 30000
Exchange Bonus - Rs 10000 (for which i need to give a copy of my old car's RC)
free bee- Auto cop & 3M sun film

so put together i paid Rs 4.80 along with above free bees..

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st September 2009 at 13:10. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 5th December 2009, 22:19   #32
BHPian

As of today, I have around 2900 kms on my odo. I am getting 10-11 kmpl FE within city with no a/c. With a/c, FE is generally 2 kmpl less.

I am having a problem with the power steering sometimes. When the engine is started, the car does an automatic diagnosis and sometimes the EPS light stays on indicating a failure. Restarting the engine resolves the problem and the light goes off. The alarming point is - it happened twice while the car was in motion and once my wife was driving with the kid onboard. The power steering stops functioning but can be maneuvered manually, although it takes lot more effort. I contacted the dealer and they asked me to bring the car to the shop for inspection.

Other than this, I have no problems so far and very happy with my purchase.

I was planning to get Garware sunfilms done next week but after reading through some of the threads I am now unsure whether to put film on the rear defogger or not. It seems problems can be avoided if the job is done by the experts. In this regard, any advice from the seniors would be appreciated.
sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2009, 22:33   #33
BHPian

Forgot to mention....also ordered custom fitted art leather seats from a shop on AJC Bose road. It would be fitted on next Thursday. I will post some pics once the job is done.
Old 5th December 2009, 23:35   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiswas View Post
As of today, I have around 2900 kms on my odo. I am getting 10-11 kmpl FE within city with no a/c. With a/c, FE is generally 2 kmpl less.

I am having a problem with the power steering sometimes. When the engine is started, the car does an automatic diagnosis and sometimes the EPS light stays on indicating a failure. Restarting the engine resolves the problem and the light goes off. The alarming point is - it happened twice while the car was in motion and once my wife was driving with the kid onboard. The power steering stops functioning but can be maneuvered manually, although it takes lot more effort. I contacted the dealer and they asked me to bring the car to the shop for inspection.

Other than this, I have no problems so far and very happy with my purchase.

I was planning to get Garware sunfilms done next week but after reading through some of the threads I am now unsure whether to put film on the rear defogger or not. It seems problems can be avoided if the job is done by the experts. In this regard, any advice from the seniors would be appreciated.
Hi sbiswas - sorry to hear that you are having problems with the EPS.Get it replaced under warranty. I have heard from one of my friends that he also knows a couple of people who had the same problem.

I did put film (llumar) on my hatch glass with defogger, and the defogger works flawlessly after that.
Just ensure that when they take off the stickers (the Hyundai helpline sticker/COTY sticker etc) from the rear glass, that they do so with patience and DO NOT scrape the fine ceramic painted defogger lines. I personally supervised this portion.

11 kmpl within city is good - I am getting from 10.5 (super congested roads) to 13.5 (normal traffic) in city-highway mixed driving.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:00   #35
BHPian

Got custom seat covers done from Shreyas Auto Centre on A.J.C Bose Road. Selected the i10 Black/Red combination with piping. Also put RTO approved Garware sunfilm on rear and side glasses. Uploading the latest pictures after the grooming
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3121.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3122.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3123.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3120.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3130.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn31311.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn31321.jpg  

Hyundai i10 1.2 Kappa Sportz AT - Initial Ownership Report-dscn3124.jpg  

sbiswas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2009, 11:13   #36
BHPian

Nice finish sbiswas!

Can you please mention the cost you incurred on the seat covers?
Old 11th December 2009, 11:18   #37
BHPian

Thank you. I paid 3500 for the seat covers. It's art leather.

I am surprised at your FE figures! What's the secret of such good FE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Nice finish sbiswas!

Can you please mention the cost you incurred on the seat covers?
Old 11th December 2009, 11:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
A
I am having a problem with the power steering sometimes.
Please get this checked and fixed ASAP. Right now this might be bothering you intermittently but its not prudent to linger on with this for long.

After they fix it, do a pre-delivery TD and make sure that car goes in a straight line when steering is kept straight. Typically after any steering job, the service guys mess up the settings when putting it back.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:41   #39
Senior - BHPian

The fit & finish is really good, except the rear head rests.
I could see paint chipping on the left ORVM, was it a gift by on-coming bikers?
Old 18th December 2009, 08:41   #40
BHPian

Yes, I did not like it either and will get these redone. The chipping was probably done by a bus. Car was parked roadside and it happened in my absence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
The fit & finish is really good, except the rear head rests.
I could see paint chipping on the left ORVM, was it a gift by on-coming bikers?
Old 18th December 2009, 11:09   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. I paid 3500 for the seat covers. It's art leather.

I am surprised at your FE figures! What's the secret of such good FE?
sbiswas, please look at this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1619106
iPai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2009, 20:39   #42
BHPian

Got the power steering system replaced by dealer. Also, got the 2nd free service done. Let's see if the FE improves.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:22   #43
BHPian

I have purchased my i10 sports Kappa straight from the Company owned showroom - ocean blue in colour - first new car in my life. this was almost one year back.

I have driven the car to Pune, Sholapur (twice) and once to Mantralayam near Raichur from Mumbai. All through I did not face a single problem and the engine was super smooth.

I have a problem right from the first service - I do not know any other kappa i10 owners have it. I get a rattling sound from the right mirror side - eventhough the vehicle is past two services this has not been rectified. If I rev the engine before moving, the rattling sound stops. But I step on the accelerator as I step on butter.

Please let me have the expert owners opinion on the rattling sound.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:36   #44
BHPian

My i10 experience is coming to an abrupt end as I am leaving for US by the end of this month. Since I will be away for 5-6 years, I have decided to sell it off. Can anybody guide me on the formalities involved in selling a car to a private buyer in India?
Old 6th January 2010, 16:57   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My i10 experience is coming to an abrupt end as I am leaving for US by the end of this month. Since I will be away for 5-6 years, I have decided to sell it off. Can anybody guide me on the formalities involved in selling a car to a private buyer in India?
Hey - you get to drive better cars on better roads there right?
Post an ad in team-bhp classifieds section, and also put an ad in any leading newspaper classified (eg: The Telegraph).
Formalities include a change in registration details (you get the forms from RTO) - AFAIK.
You should expect a good value ,as your car is still within the warranty period.

Last edited by blackasta : 6th January 2010 at 17:00.

Most Viewed