Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 09:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Nice pictures.

I have a doubt. Does the music player supplied along with i20 have a USB port?
It does, for Asta models.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dash, congratulations on your i20crdi mill.Looks cool in this shade and alloys adds the charm.Keep updating and post some interiors pics as well.
Old 30th August 2009, 14:01   #18

Congratulations on your new ride. It sure is a looker.

I think it looks meaner in grey and the last shot's perspective with the wrap around tail lamps, body line, tyre tread and the turn of the wheel all in tandem appears like it is about to pounce on somebody/something.

Hope you have a wonderful ownership experience with this car as has been in the past.
Old 30th August 2009, 15:39   #19

Hi
i have also booked i20 crdi but your FE figure really worries me. I was hoping for 14-15 at least. Also the kind of bashing been done in the overdrive current issue has put me into a dilemma. Guys i am confused now, what to do ?
Old 30th August 2009, 20:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas44 View Post
Hi
i have also booked i20 crdi but your FE figure really worries me. I was hoping for 14-15 at least. Also the kind of bashing been done in the overdrive current issue has put me into a dilemma. Guys i am confused now, what to do ?
If 14-15 is the milage you desire, I guess you should not worry atall. With the runin, you will definitely get better milage. You will need to run atleast 3K KMs to judge milage. As you might already have seen in other threads, the test drive vehicles which has done 3.5 K Kms, milage was around 18. Also one more Bhpian is getting 16 Kmpl.

I dont know what else the overdrive has published, but in my current experience, there is nothing that you should fear.
Old 30th August 2009, 21:11   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Need not worry as condensate water is a normal for all air-conditioned vehicles. This phenomena is quite prominent during monsoons or high humidity condition.
By the way how much was the OTR price for your i20 ?
OTR was around 8L in Bangalore (Including insurance and LTT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnandi View Post
dash, congrats on the grey i20 CRdi. I think it's the best looking and performing hyundai car at present. The alloys are smoking!
Where/which shop did you buy these lenso alloys from? any code number for them? Also how are the apollo acelere tyres, are the stock ones good enough for highway speeds?
I think I bought alloys from CarTrendz on mission road. There is only one model of Lenso in 14', dont remember the number as such, lastly havent yet done highways yet. Not sure whether it is the 3M underbody coating or the tyres, I see very less running noise and it is giving great ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I beg to differ. I dont know about Trident, but Advaith A.S.S is awesome! Never had a problem with them in close to 7 years( 2 santros and one getz).

Recently, we had given our Getz for service and I asked them to do the interior cleaning. They charged about 1.3k or something for interior + exterior and they've done a FANTASTIC job! Our Getz has beige seats and they had become really dirty. But the guys at Advaith have done a fantastic job of making the seats look like new.

PS: Dash, congrats on the car! It looks simply awesome! Enjoy your drives!
I had Santro for last 6 years and was going to Advaith as there is one near my house and one near my work place also. Every time found service as just Ok and never had the Wow! kind of feeling. It was only this time I went to Trident, and seriously the folks at Hosur road really care. The front desk, service managers, and also the security gaurds including ensure u r really taken care of! So to me this was surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
From which shop you bought the Hella dual tone horns. Please provide me the details as i wanted to upgrade it.

Can you post the Pictures of the Horn as well as the mats please.
I bought the hella horns from Car Trends on mission road along with alloys. But mats from Hyundai itself. I will post the interior pics some time soon.
Old 30th August 2009, 21:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

The alloys are one size too small... 15 inchers would have been nicer. Great looking car anyways... congrats!
Old 30th August 2009, 22:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great car!! The alloys look good.

The overdrive episode gave a very bad feedback about the car. Ritz was the winner in the ultimate hatchback shootout for all the hatchbacks in Ladakh. I do not trust them as I have noticed that they are very biased towards Skoda and Maruti.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:31   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikas44 View Post
Hi
Read this months Autocar and you will change your opinion. I have always believed that Autocar is the magazine which gives you the best and accurate review of cars. I also own a i20 crdi asta o and believe me it is the best value for money small car with the best features you can buy in India as of now. You will never take your car to Himalayas will you.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Vikas, throw your overdrive and autocar. Publications are biased. Period.

Trust your own observations. If in doubt, take prolonged test drives of the Punto, the Ritz and the i20. Its your hard earned money, make sure you do justice to it.

I ll add. If only engine power is concerned, the i20 is king in its segment. The turbo lag is negligible and definately not an issue in the city/highway.
Old 31st August 2009, 01:22   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
If 14-15 is the milage you desire, I guess you should not worry atall. With the runin, you will definitely get better milage. You will need to run atleast 3K KMs to judge milage. As you might already have seen in other threads, the test drive vehicles which has done 3.5 K Kms, milage was around 18. Also one more Bhpian is getting 16 Kmpl.

I dont know what else the overdrive has published, but in my current experience, there is nothing that you should fear.
Thank you for reply, Abhij & your comments have cleared my doubts and i will go ahead and take the delivery of my car in 10 days time.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:47   #27
BHPian

EXTREMELY happy i20 1.2 Asta owner here. Don't even think of cancelling your booking, Vikas!

@dash - you got 8k for all 5 stock alloys??? and paid 17k for a set of 5? please let me know - I was looking at these same alloys in matte black color and was offered ~15k for a set of 4 and in return 6.5k for my set of 5 - I thought I was being taken for a ride and decided to keep my stock alloys.

In any case I don't see myself going the 4 for 5 swap route - I want to rotate all 5 tires in my car every 5000 kms.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:15   #28

Vikas,no need to cancel the booking-you are buying a great car.
Even we are planning to buy the asta(O) variant,this diwali.
Don't believe these magazine reports or testdrives-Even i heard someone saying while giving the test report than the car is "underpowered" and sluggish.
I would just like to compare power here-i20 crdi produces 90 bhp with 22.4 @ 1750 - 2750 (kgm@rpm) whereas skoda octavia produces 90 bhp with 21.4 @ 1,900 (kgm@rpm).So we can easily see that how refined and better the crdi engine in i20 is(Skoda has 500cc more powerful engine that does nothing at all in comparision with i20).
Just keep your test drive experience in mind and go for it,if you liked the car.

A lot of people ask me that why am i going for a car that would cost me more than-7,40,000 on road and that too without a boot(not a sedan)?
My choice of i20 was simply based on my requirements from my car.
As we are a family of three people(including i) so we didn't require a big car.Dad is provided with a office vehicle and two of us(i and mom)don't require a city,fiesta etc.All we want is comfort and that this car has plenty to offer.Hence decided on it.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Got the first service done. Had never used Trident service earlier. They are just fantastic. Never thought Hyundai *** was so great.
If you are in J P Nagar, isn't Kanakapura Road Trident closer to you?

I have used Trident Kanakapura Road and always have been awed by their service. Good thing is, one of the service advisors there (aiyappa) has looked after my Santro for the entire 3 years. Once I had a vibration problem in the car and they checked and fixed it for free.

Any feedback about Advaith J P Nagar? They are really close to my house, and I'd like to try them.

Quote:

Issues:
I observed some liquid spill from engine compartment after being parked for some time. Hyundai guys say it is water from condensor. Hope it is true as no other fluids seem to have reduced.
After a friend of mine took a brief test-drive in my car, later we opened the hood to see how it is. There's a long aluminium (or looked like white-metal) pipe going from front of the hood to the back of the hood which had condensed water on it. Slightly alarmed, I called up the service and they said that is the A/C pipe and it will have condensation after you use it. It is normal.

So, I guess the occasional puddle below the hood of the car is normal after you have used the A/C. I used to see that below Santro too.

Quote:
OVerall my i20 CRDi experience has been just great
Awesome! Hope it stays this way.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
If you are in J P Nagar, isn't Kanakapura Road Trident closer to you?

I have used Trident Kanakapura Road and always have been awed by their service. Good thing is, one of the service advisors there (aiyappa) has looked after my Santro for the entire 3 years. Once I had a vibration problem in the car and they checked and fixed it for free.

Any feedback about Advaith J P Nagar? They are really close to my house, and I'd like to try them.

After a friend of mine took a brief test-drive in my car, later we opened the hood to see how it is. There's a long aluminium (or looked like white-metal) pipe going from front of the hood to the back of the hood which had condensed water on it. Slightly alarmed, I called up the service and they said that is the A/C pipe and it will have condensation after you use it. It is normal.

So, I guess the occasional puddle below the hood of the car is normal after you have used the A/C. I used to see that below Santro too.

Awesome! Hope it stays this way.
You just made my heart lighter This puddle has been bothering me since I noticed it and I see this 5-6 drops regularly.

BTW, Advaith J.P.Nagar is a sure No. Apart from regular not so great servicing, below is the story I faced -
2 months ago, one fine morning, my santro failed to start. I promptly called advaith on road service and they sent one guy. That guy saw the car, switched on light, power windows etc. But ignition did not happen. He said starter unit must have gone and had to take it to service station. I put the car on gear and started and took it to J.P.Nagar advaith. First he said starter coil costs 6K and we will need to replace. Here when I spoke to the service engg I made the mistake of telling him that I was planning sell the car and hence I wasnot interested in changing any parts but repair it. For which he reluctantly agreed. At 3:30 PM I get call saying sir, it is not starter coil but battery. And said he would put exide for 4K. As I was at work and couldnt do much of buying new battery, said ok and asked him to keep the car ready. Took the car delivery and after 1 day remembered about the old battery. So checked the boot and could not find it. Was surpised as they genrally keep old replaced parts. Called the service guy and he says oh is it, I will send it. Now after few hours the on road service guy comes with a battery and by the look of his face I knew it would not be mine. Checked service booklet and serial no. didnt match. The guy already looked terrified. Now I called the service manager again and asked about my batter, now he says, it must have gone to junk sir as you had not claimed for 1 day. I could not believe it as I have seen lots of parts lie there for months. I insisted on my battery and he said he would check and get back. When he didnt get back for 2 days, I escalated to his manager and he promised to fix this up. And surely next day they retrieved my battery. Whole episode appears like a scam. Surely my battery had not gone bad atall in the first place. Power windows had worked earlier. Must have been some cleaning in the starter coil that did the trick.

They had sold me a battery and also stole my working battery had this plot gone as they planned. Also found the clutch behave wierdly. Whole clutch assembly was just replaced 1 month ago. I could not prove that they had tampered with it. But not sure about it.

With the above incident and kind of people I see there in J.P.Ngr advaith, I really didnt want my new i20 to land there

Sorry for the long story, but this is what happened and my house is just 100Mtrs from Advaith Service center. Still I will never take my i20 there...

Most Viewed