Team-BHP - TATA-Vision, Landscape, Panorama, Perspective, Scenery i.e.- VISTA-Sanagg1-Passion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   TATA-Vision, Landscape, Panorama, Perspective, Scenery i.e.- VISTA-Sanagg1-Passion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64470-tata-vision-landscape-panorama-perspective-scenery-i-e-vista-sanagg1-passion.html)

The new horseless carriages with their freshly polished gleaming metal, seats enveloped in clear plastic, the virgin shiny tyres; the odometer showing just a few miles on the clock, and the freshly placed Idol of God, taking pride of place on the centre console of the facia, all made me very happy. The smell that pierced my nose! Fresh car interiors,feels like best fragrance. Followed by the smell of fuel.( Borrowing words to express my feelings exactly-credit Franky)
Now my past ownership experience
1. Padmini 1993-96
2. M-800 1996-2000
3. M-800 AC 2000-2009
Time for a change of wheels ! Digging into T-Bhp informations heaps and other First hand experiences getting accumulated and off course as usual no definitive conclusion (there can't be any). My requirements
A) Usage ~700 Km per month=No need for diesel
B) Not many long trips frequently =No need for sedan
C) Budget 4.25 L OTR
D) Options-Swift,Ritz,Dzire (Loyal to MSIL)Punto(3.99model), i10, A-Star,Vista, Santro,Spark etc.
TDed all except Punto,A-star. Felt good in almost all cars (poor m-800 guy should be) but the ammunition of information got triggerred and started reviewing from
enthusiast's eye some FUN more than plane-jane m-800. Started exploring if enthusiast has to pick just one specs what would it be ? Can't afford more at 4.25L. Zeroed in on Max speed(MS)/low end Torque(LET). Further analysed and realised in Indian road 'n' traffic conditions LET should be a better bet.Soon i realised no petrol car is worth it. sorry 'free revhappy' folks please no offense. Now the bigger trouble of my meagre budget 4.25L. Settled for only better diesel car in this budget vista aqua TDI. Tried to get a TD but not available. Being in Jorhat and only dealer of TATA is Pragati Motors so no options.
So very reluctantly because of budget, i TD the Aqua QJD. Oh ! My God every logic and information lost its meaning !!The child in me put his
foot down "NO I WANT ONLY QJD budget or no budget I don't know" :Frustrati .Period
I resorted to BBS(beg,borrow steal) and booked as informed at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-thread-3.html post #42
clap:
Delivery was rather smooth, odo read 25kms,make after deciphering chasis code mfg is APR'09, make full use of PDI checklist on T-Bhp to the point of making delivery staff a bit uncomfortable. Drive home thinking about next things to be done with my new baby like accessories car care etc.Got a call from office going out for some work will post other details with pics in my next post.
sorry for letting down for now.please bear with me.

Thanks

sanagg1, congratulations on your indica vista, space space and space all around this car.do share more about your vista, model, colour, deal you were offered along with some pictures.

Sanagg1, buying Vista is a most intelligent decision.
Wish you many happy miles on your new car!

congratulations... A very intelligent buy indeed. Nothing beats the torque and the space. Third gear takes you from 20 to 60 kmph without a problem. Like someone quoted on the forum, its like driving an automatic... :)
Enjoy your vehicle

Congratulations on your new car.
I liked the description, especially the acronym BBS! Waiting for more and of course the pics.

Congratulations sanagg1 for the new buy! Wishing you years of happy driving. Do post pics please. Cheers!

Congrats! Vista is roomiest car in the segment.

Congrats on the car, Sanagg.

However, you've shared little about the car (in terms of pictures & a driving impression). Please PM me once you are ready with your ownership report, the thread will be opened thereafter.

Make/Model:
Vista, AQUA, Quadrajet
Colour:
Arctic Silver

Ex Showroom : 4,64,135
Extended Warranty : 3,625
Insurance : 13,575
Regn & Road Tax : 18,693
Locl Logi Charges : 1,500
TOTAL: Rs. 5,01,528/-
Discounts & Freebie
Corp. Disc : 6,000
Floor Mats
Mud Flaps
Nano cell Phone

Exteriors: TATA uses the strongest steel amongst all car makers in India, it looks muscular. This is one area that draws out the first impression of any car and I must say safety is on high priority within the price scope, I felt secure & assured.

Interiors: Dual tone grey concept looks good, some of the Plastic parts looked a little delicate. Odometer looks cool with the blue backlit display. Most of the buttons gets illuminated in the night, that makes the interior soothing during nights.
Suspension: The suspension are balanced neither too hard nor soft. I like the ground clearance of Vista; it gobbles up most of the unevenness of road in this part of country.
Handling and control: The car remains straight and compost most of the time (reached only 95 km/hr) on twisting Nagaland border roads. The height doesn’t seem to be weighing on the handling of vista. 14” wheels are a great plus for the given size.
Dealership experience: Delivery was rather smooth, odo read 25kms,make after deciphering chassis code mfg is APR'09, make full use of PDI checklist on T-Bhp to the point of making delivery staff a bit uncomfortable( Already covered in #1 post)
Mileage: I have not been on long trip so far but whatever I have covered resulted into avg. 18 kmpl A.C on 100% and driving style sedate (in the RI zone upto 1500 kms), roads are either city driving conditions or hilly twisting roads.
Driving: The car demands to be floored! It screams! But again 1500 Kms RI restriction. Still the engine is pretty revhappy above 1500 rpm and one can easily climb to 85 from 25 km/hr in a whisker. The gear spread for 2nd & 3rd is very useful for city commuters. But I felt a split second time leg between engine response and depression of accelerator pedal. Am I imagining or is it true for drive by wire kind of scenario.
NVH: Till now most of the people sitting in the car without prior information failed to guess it is a diesel driven car.
Braking: Very soft brake pedal tends driver to overstep on brake pedal.
Gear & Clutch: Gears are very well placed and sure footed with shorter throw but clutch seems to be a bit hard and springing in action.
Space: No comments hands down winner. Better than many sedans orrr.. may I say most entry level sedans.
Fit ‘N’ Finish: Average: Period
A.C: The AC is quick but not adequate for this size of cabin space. Sunfilms are a must to have comfortable summer cruises.
Small things: Hatchback door latch, fuel lid latch inside. Illuminated buttons. Fading/time delay cabin lamp. Head light adjustment from driver seat.

Future Concerns:Thanks

P.S: Please excuse me for poor quality snaps these are being sent to me by my peon at office. I am out of station.

Hey @Sanagg1 congrats on your car purchase. The boot space looks surprisingly less/small.

The snaps are OK buddy, its the reading material thats creating a problem. Very difficult to read between the tags. Please do not copy paste from web pages directly. Paste into some text editor and the re-copy paste from there to here.
Just helping :)

@Prince Thanks a lot for helping

Make/Model: Vista, AQUA, Quadrajet
Colour: Arctic Silver
Ex Showroom : 4,64,135
Extended Warranty : 3,625
Regn & Road Tax : 18,693
Locl Logi Charges : 1,500 TOTAL: Rs. 5,01,528/-
Discounts & Freebie
Corp. Disc : 6,000
Floor Mats
Mud Flaps
Nano cell Phone
Exteriors: TATA uses the strongest steel amongst all car makers in India, it looks muscular. This is one area that draws out the first impression of any car and I must say safety is on high priority within the price scope, I felt secure & assured.
Interiors: Dual tone grey concept looks good, some of the Plastic parts looked a little delicate. Odometer looks cool with the blue backlit display. Most of the buttons gets illuminated in the night, that makes the interior soothing during nights.
Suspension: The suspension are balanced neither too hard nor soft. I like the ground clearance of Vista; it gobbles up most of the unevenness of road in this part of country.
Handling and control: The car remains straight and compost most of the time (reached only 95 km/hr) on twisting Nagaland border roads. The height doesn’t seem to be weighing on the handling of vista. 14” wheels are a great plus for the given size.
Dealership experience: Delivery was rather smooth, odo read 25kms,make after deciphering chassis code mfg is APR'09, make full use of PDI checklist on T-Bhp to the point of making delivery staff a bit uncomfortable( Already covered in #1 post)
Mileage: I have not been on long trip so far but whatever I have covered resulted into avg. 18 kmpl A.C on 100% and driving style sedate (in the RI zone upto 1500 kms), roads are either city driving conditions or hilly twisting roads.
Driving: The car demands to be floored! It screams! But again 1500 Kms RI restriction. Still the engine is pretty revhappy above 1500 rpm and one can easily climb to 85 from 25 km/hr in a whisker. The gear spread for 2nd & 3rd is very useful for city commuters. But I felt a split second time leg between engine response and depression of accelerator pedal. Am I imagining or is it true for drive by wire kind of scenario.
NVH: Till now most of the people sitting in the car without prior information failed to guess it is a diesel driven car.
Braking: Very soft brake pedal tends driver to overstep on brake pedal.
Gear & Clutch: Gears are very well placed and sure footed with shorter throw but clutch seems to be a bit hard and springing in action.
Space: No comments hands down winner. Better than many sedans orrr.. may I say most entry level sedans.
Fit ‘N’ Finish: Average: Period
A.C: The AC is quick but not adequate for this size of cabin space. Sunfilms are a must to have comfortable summer cruises.
Small things: Hatchback door latch, fuel lid latch inside. Illuminated buttons. Fading/time delay cabin lamp. Head light adjustment from driver seat.
Future Concerns:
1. I am not expecting a great A.S & S.
2. Panel gaps when you search are still many.
3. Body rattle may start sooner than expected.
4. Styling is very subjective, non-offending but nothing great.
5. Engine growl at idling.
Thanks

Attaboy @sanagg1, thats more like it. Congrats again. Please do comment on what you feel on the boot space. I feel its a tad less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prince_pervez (Post 1465788)
Attaboy @sanagg1, thats more like it. Congrats again. Please do comment on what you feel on the boot space. I feel its a tad less.

Yes ! The boot space is nothing much to talk about, small but workable for daily groceries and misc. The shining part is on the rear seat space and comfort.
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanagg1 (Post 1465800)
Yes ! The boot space is nothing much to talk about, small but workable for daily groceries and misc. The shining part is on the rear seat space and comfort.
cheers

+1, and now imagine TATA adding a boot to this fantastic 5 seater hatch. According to me it will be a great family mover for a family size of 5.

But somehow TATA is bad in adding Boot to hatch and usually creates a product hated by masses. :Frustrati