Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 09:53   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post
Can someone inform the idling rpm for Linea petrol, without and with ac on?
When I start with cold engine with handbrake still pulled up, it shows 1200-1300 rpm at idling. as soon as I pull down the handbrake, it promptly goes down to 900 rpm. Both without AC. It remains at 900 rpm when I drive around 200-300 meters & put on the AC (my usual practice)
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:18   #62
BHPian

Thanks Amit,

I have the same experience too. Except I begin my ac after I allow the idling to settle down. It certainly is a good idea to begin the ac after beginning to drive. Will do that from now on.
Old 23rd September 2009, 11:21   #63
BHPian

FIAT badges - BLUE & RED

Hi,

I was watching the programme on NDTV C & B show (FIATs Linea & Punto being tested on snow in Sweden), came across cars having both Blue and Red FIAT badges.

Wonder what the two colour theory is all about?

Cheers,
Sam
Old 23rd September 2009, 12:24   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,

I was watching the programme on NDTV C & B show (FIATs Linea & Punto being tested on snow in Sweden), came across cars having both Blue and Red FIAT badges.

Wonder what the two colour theory is all about?

Cheers,
Sam
I guess, Blue badge is old & was upgraded to Red Badge.
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When Grande Punto was launched in 2005, it sported the blue badge. This was later changed to the red one, I think it was on the occasion of Fiat's 100 year anniversary.
Old 24th September 2009, 07:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

The red is the new design of fiat logo. i have seen a few palio sporting the old blue badge. red sort of looks cool
Old 6th October 2009, 11:01   #67
BHPian

10,000 Linea's on the road

Hi Lineans,

Came across a press note in the B-S today about FIAT announcing 10,000 Lineas on the road.

Pretty much averages 1000 per month since the launch in Jan. With the ads and promos seen lately - should we expect 2000 per month till Nov?

Probably the Puntos are also eating away the Linea share - simply on the similar ICE and features at the Emotion versions.

Cheers, Sam
Old 6th October 2009, 17:48   #68
BHPian

Overheard a colleague of mine who was saying that he was thinking about Linea. He had doubts about A.S.S of Fiat and spares availability. Promptly went over and explained everything to him. Advised him to look up TBHP for forming a firm view. By this clarification, I was able to clear a number of misconceptions. I feel Fiat is right about word of mouth advertising. Nothing is more subtle yet powerful.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:13   #69
BHPian

FIAT designs

The other thing that was discussed by some of my friends as they were admiring my LINEA was about the timeless'ness of FIAT designs.

The Palio still does not look dated and they prophesised the Linea / Punto tread that path too. Was surprised they were doing all the talking - and these were ANHC, Toyota, Skoda owners by the way. I am still seen as a 'risk taker'.

So the A.S.S and word of mouth assurance goes a long way. Yes Kapil, I agree, word of mouth and presence on the road are more re-assuring than any ad. It is also important that potential buyers realise FIAT is growing in India. That will take some time.

A better verdict is perhaps better taken a year from now.

Cheers, Sameer
Old 26th October 2009, 13:48   #70
BHPian

Desert run with the Linea

Hi All,

Just back last weekend from a 2000 km trip to the Rajasthan deserts. Have posted my trip log + travelogue here. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ur-baroda.html

Hope you will like it.. Pics will follow on that thread later

Cheers, Sam
Old 26th October 2009, 16:24   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was surveyed by JD Power about my buying experience 10 days back.

Then there was a general follow up call from TASS a week ago asking if everything is okay with my car.

Today the CRM from Aspi called if there are any issues and whom to contact in case I have any issues.

If this is happening to every FIAT (Linea /Punto) customer - that would be a great sign of things improving. Is FIAT setting a benchmark here?
well its from Aspi motors who have taken back their tata-fiat dealership very seriously and trying to make a comaback in market with their superb *** and customer support staff as well.Thats why they are rated among the best for fiat-tata dealers here as well in gujarat.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well its from Aspi motors who have taken back their tata-fiat dealership very seriously and trying to make a comaback in market with their superb *** and customer support staff as well.Thats why they are rated among the best for fiat-tata dealers here as well in gujarat.
Hi Vijay,

I think in this case FIAT has to be given credit & not the dealers. Today I received another call from a research company engaged by FIAT - specially for LINEA asking feedback of the ownership experience so far - the telephonic Q&A took about 16 mins.

Cheers, Sam
Old 5th January 2010, 12:47   #73
BHPian

Completed 5000 kms at the end of the decade !!

Happy New Decade to all...

Completed 5K kms in December; The car is fine as ever. A few points worth re-counting

1. Max speed : Could cruise 160 kmph on a clear day when driving towards Ahmedabad on the Baroda - Amd expressway. Only companion was a VW jetta at my tail...

2. Drive / Ride quality : Extremely well and no fatigue at all over any long drive (did 10hrs driving down from Jodhpur in Oct). Its five months since the purchase and is still a thrill to be behind its wheels.

3. Admiration : Still on - Had friends raving about her during the new years eve. Also see a few on Baroda roads these days. General comment was - it will sell once a showroom opens in this city. Wonder if Anand has it ,why Baroda does not.

4. A.S.S : Excellent from Aspi Cars. They did the seat modification and the first service pretty well. Am not happy with the seat modification as it still slides down for me. Aspi's GM Services promised to look into it.
5. Niggles - None to report. Need to be extra cautious while negotiating dug up roads - which I do even for my Indica.

Cheers, Sam
Old 6th January 2010, 16:39   #74
BHPian

CSC replacement

...aah , yes; forgot to metion that the Clutch Slave Cylinder was also replaced in November during the routine 3K kms service.

Mods - please change the Thread title to - My Vocal White Linea (Petrol - E Pk); 5 months & 5000 kms completed
Old 8th January 2010, 01:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

Nice to hear that the admiration is still flowing. I also think that word of mouth publicity bears fruit in the long run. Largely satisfied customers will not only look within the Fiat family while thinking about the next car but also recommend them to friends and acquaintances.

I still think that the Tata-Fiat partnership is a brilliant move. It has given a chance to Fiat to redeem it's tattered reputation and given Tata a huge opportunity to improve (both technically and on the A.S.S. front)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks