Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 23:12   #1
BHPian

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S

It all started in Jan 2008, I wanted to buy a car and I went to the auto expo in Delhi to look at the about to be launched Fabia.

Fell in love with the Bravo and the Grande Punto. They said that the cars will be launched in 4-6 months, so i decided to wait. Then the recession hit us, it finally took 18 months.

I waited patiently as I wanted my first car to be the Grande Punto.

It was launched on 18th June took a TD of the petrol car and was disappointed with the lack of power, the diesel was the same. My dream was shattered, I was quite distraught.

Did lots of thinking including wierd ideas like buying the car and souring a T-Jet engine, thankfully did not go down that path.

Finally my brother told me to try the Fiesta 1.6S, it took the Ford guys (Bhavna Ford, Nerul) 14 days to give me a test drive.

Then one day it was there, it was beautiful and blue and then i drove it, the noise it makes is phenomenal!! The engine is so rev happy and the whole car has amazing balance and poise.

Booked the car the same day, (As i had taken TDs of other cars including linea, city Swift D, Jazz etc. )

Booked the car on Thursday evening (21st Aug), got the delivery on 29th in the evening and have done 400 odd kms till now. It’s hard to drive it slowly; the engine just begs to be revved. Can’t wait for the running- in period to get over.

This forum has helped me immensly in choosing my car, reviews from Frank, shajufx, Raamki just to name a few were very helpful. Thanks guys

To sum up:

I wanted a hatchback
I wanted a black/red car
I wanted a european car
I still am stuck speechless by the sight of a red GP - I just love the way it looks!!

Its funny how things work out

Some pics. Will add more pictures later with a detailed ownership report and more on the dealer etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02170.jpg  

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02174.jpg  

Bluemagic! - Fiesta 1.6S-dsc02172.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 1st September 2009, 08:32   #2
BHPian

congrats on the fabulous choice..the blue looks awesome on the 1.6S.hoping to get more snaps.
btw do the drive in period as per the recommendation by fellow members here..it will do you good on the long run
i did and now im full throttle,its a feeling only ford owners can relish..
Old 1st September 2009, 08:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

This was one of my shorlisted cars, looks great in blue. It is indeed a pleasure to drive a ford fiesta 1.6S.
Treasure her and drive crazy!!
Old 1st September 2009, 09:22   #4
BHPian

Congrats gautam, Thats a amazing car there..

Even I loved the fiesta 1.6 S, but settled in for the 1.4 GP E+..

Do post some more info on your purchase, oh and more pics please! Loved the blue..
Old 1st September 2009, 09:45   #5
JRD
BHPian

great pictures. congratulations on your S. Also i would suggest the extended warranty.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:59   #6
BHPian

Hi Gautam,

Congrats , she looks beautiful, especially first photo with rain drops all around her and monsoon background.

Even I like the Punto from the depth of my heart (you can love her, you can hate her, but you can't ignore her), this time I settled for Fiesta 1.4 D SXI, may be in future if Fiat launch Abarth Punto in India that will be my second car.

Once again congrats for addictive 1.6S.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gautam,

One of the good looking car in India.
I just love the car for it's riding pleasure and surge once you press the gas pedal.
it's awesome and good choice of color.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 1st September 2009, 11:06   #8
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Gautam ! She looks stunning !! Drive safe.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:00   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
congrats on the fabulous choice..the blue looks awesome on the 1.6S.hoping to get more snaps.
btw do the drive in period as per the recommendation by fellow members here..it will do you good on the long run
i did and now im full throttle,its a feeling only ford owners can relish..
Thanks, it's proving to be more difficult than i imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
This was one of my shorlisted cars, looks great in blue. It is indeed a pleasure to drive a ford fiesta 1.6S.
Treasure her and drive crazy!!
Thanks, cant wait to take it on the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_aashay View Post
Congrats gautam, Thats a amazing car there..

Even I loved the fiesta 1.6 S, but settled in for the 1.4 GP E+..

Do post some more info on your purchase, oh and more pics please! Loved the blue..
Congrats for the GP, when is the delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
great pictures. congratulations on your S. Also i would suggest the extended warranty.
Thanks, will look into the extended warranty, do you think it makes sense as i will look to do some mods next year or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Gautam,

Congrats , she looks beautiful, especially first photo with rain drops all around her and monsoon background.

Even I like the Punto from the depth of my heart (you can love her, you can hate her, but you can't ignore her), this time I settled for Fiesta 1.4 D SXI, may be in future if Fiat launch Abarth Punto in India that will be my second car.

Once again congrats for addictive 1.6S.
Congrats for the fiesta. The Abarth punto would be awesome!!! I too would snap it up if it is offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats Gautam,

One of the good looking car in India.
I just love the car for it's riding pleasure and surge once you press the gas pedal.
it's awesome and good choice of color.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Thanks, still waiting for the surge, keeping it below 3k for now, an oil and oil filter change is recommended at 1000 kms, right?

Next thing to do is to buy sunfilms, can someone suggest which films to go for and pricing, also should i also put film on the front windshield, how would that affect visibilty.

Also an appeal to the photoshoppers, how would white racing stripes, a la the ford GT look on my car. Dont want to get it painted, would decals look as good??
Old 1st September 2009, 12:14   #10
BHPian

Congrats on this acquisition. This is a real head turner on the roads. I saw one blue 1.6s with gold alloys with matte finish. It was stunning. And Needless to say about the unmatched driving pleasure. One has to drive the Fiesta to know what really is called driving pleasure.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:20   #11
BHPian

Congrats mate! One heck of a ride you got there. What's the OTR and did the dealer give you ant discounts/freebies?
Happy revving!
Old 1st September 2009, 13:38   #12
BHPian

good choice! i like :-)
congrats!
i hear they stopped diamond white in 1.6s variant
Old 1st September 2009, 14:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gautam,
Great car there and 1.6s does look damn good in the blue. I test drove the fiesta too but finally settled for the Ikon . All ford cars are so fun to drive. Put up more pictures of the car.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! I love the 1.6S in blue. :-) How much was the on road price? Discounts?
Old 1st September 2009, 14:22   #15
Senior - BHPian

I thought Blackmagic was dangerous, now I know bluemagic is far more dangerous than black. The desire to own the machine comes as soon as u look at it. Window tins will make it look even better.

All you fiesta owners are seriously forcing me to force my dad to buy a fiesta instead of swift. Thought I know I wont be able to convince him as I have my machine now and cant have my opinion in his..

Nice ride, enjoy and drive safe.

Most Viewed