Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 21:08   #31
BHPian

actually the steering cover was the free one.the stickers i also wanted to remove but they are very well stuck and i dont want to remove some part of it while other part is still suck on.can some bhpians help me(who else?)?
yes the verna has been parked very close so that the third one -mighty santro also be parked inside the gates.
Old 6th September 2009, 23:09   #32
BHPian

Actually a soap solution like colin might help removing the stickers.
Else you have "sticker remover" sprays available in car accesories shops.

My car had this "Petrol" sticker on the fuel lid and I asked the car-accessory shop guy to help remove (I was there putting sunfilms).
So he removed it with sticker removing spray.
Old 6th September 2009, 23:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
actually the steering cover was the free one.the stickers i also wanted to remove but they are very well stuck and i dont want to remove some part of it while other part is still suck on.can some bhpians help me(who else?)?
yes the verna has been parked very close so that the third one -mighty santro also be parked inside the gates.
This is the exact reason why i repeatedly reminded Mukesh Hyundai not to put ANY stickers ANYWHERE in my car - and they obliged. The only sticker I have on my car is that of the Hyundai helpline!
Also - why should I buy a car with my own hard earned money and advertise the dealer for free? This aint fair right!

On removing the stickers - few years back when i used to travel by local train to college, I remember vendors selling sticker removing solution, and it worked like magic on the stickers stuck inside compartments. You might try to get them at your local office stationery shop. Only worry is something like that might also harm the waxing/clearcoat/paint of your car.
Old 7th September 2009, 08:47   #34
BHPian

thank you will try to get hold of that solution.
Old 7th September 2009, 08:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
yes they are neo.
Things i like in my Ritz-1:when i remote open my car the roof lamp lights up as if welcoming me.2:theatre dimming of inside lights.3:when the car starts moving n crosses 20 kmph all doors lock.4:when i reach my destination,switch of the engine and pull out the key doors unlock n roof lamp lights up to facilitate exit.if by any chance i leave the key in key hole or lights on it will remind me by beeping.wow-didnt expect all this in a hatchback in this price range.flatered.loving Ritz more n more by each passing day.
Thanks for the pics & details about the tyre deal.congrats for the great tyres.all the features you said above is gr8 to hear..
Old 7th September 2009, 14:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy.Car looks good in this color.Rear spoiler is also nice.Is it MGA accessory?
Better to upgrade your horn & Bulbs.
Old 7th September 2009, 17:09   #37
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. I agree Maruti has given quite a few features not available in comparable cars. Sigh if only they also thought to give a dead pedal.
The colour looks great and so does the spoiler.
the 2din music system looks cool too.
You got a pretty good deal on the accessories and tyres as well.
Waiting for some more first-drive impressions.
Old 7th September 2009, 23:53   #38
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well as promised,pictures of my two beauties.will post more when with alloys and tyre upgrade.
Hi, I too own a Ritz Vdi, driven about 2.5k kms, but no time to post an ownership review.

Just wanted to know, since you own both Verna and Ritz, do you find the Diesel clatter in Ritz very loud/intrusive?

I've extensively driven a friend's verna and found it to be much much quiter. But the engine feedback in the Ritz feels better [i don't mean faster].

I'm just curious to know, since I was considering buying the Verna before I decided to buy a smaller car.
Old 8th September 2009, 10:02   #39
BHPian

No i dont feel that clatter from ritz to be more than verna from outside when both are idiling.but inside cabin verna is quieter than ritz-because of better insulation probably and that glorious torque from verna vgt-thats what made me love diesels.ritz was bought mainly for city duties and it fulfills its role to the T.easy to park n easy to drive in congested city roads and economical too.
will be upgrading horn today.Bulbs dont feel the need to.
Spoiler was there in my limited edition version,maybee its dealer accessory.but it sure does make a whole lot of change in looks.
Old 8th September 2009, 14:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
yes they are neo.
Things i like in my Ritz-1:when i remote open my car the roof lamp lights up as if welcoming me.2:theatre dimming of inside lights.3:when the car starts moving n crosses 20 kmph all doors lock.4:when i reach my destination,switch of the engine and pull out the key doors unlock n roof lamp lights up to facilitate exit.if by any chance i leave the key in key hole or lights on it will remind me by beeping.wow-didnt expect all this in a hatchback in this price range.flatered.loving Ritz more n more by each passing day.
These features are also there on Swift and SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
This is the exact reason why i repeatedly reminded Mukesh Hyundai not to put ANY stickers ANYWHERE in my car - and they obliged. The only sticker I have on my car is that of the Hyundai helpline!
Also - why should I buy a car with my own hard earned money and advertise the dealer for free? This aint fair right!

On removing the stickers - few years back when i used to travel by local train to college, I remember vendors selling sticker removing solution, and it worked like magic on the stickers stuck inside compartments. You might try to get them at your local office stationery shop. Only worry is something like that might also harm the waxing/clearcoat/paint of your car.
+1. I did the same thing by repeatedly reminding the sales guy at Maruti too not put up any sticker on my Swift. Usually the dealer puts large stickers on one of the side of the rear glass, blocking the view as well as spoiling the looks of the car. The only sticker the dealer put was on the number plates which is too small...

Make sure the solution you use does not spoil the paint as Blackasta mentioned. I guess Kerosene can be used to remove stickers, I might be wrong. confirm before use.
Old 9th September 2009, 11:50   #41
SCH
BHPian

You can safetly remove the stickers by PETROL. There would be no impression left.
Old 10th September 2009, 00:04   #42
BHPian

Congratulations for the new Ritz. Nice spoiler and 2 din looks smashing. When you went for alloys with new shoes, you should have gone for 15". These bigger 15" looks damn good on Ritz because of its high ground clearance.
Old 10th September 2009, 00:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
You can safetly remove the stickers by PETROL. There would be no impression left.
please refrain your self from using any kind of HARD liquids like tarpin, petrol, kerosene etc.

just use hot water to remove any kind of stickers and its adhesive on any part of your vehicle, be it glass, plastic or metal!
Old 10th September 2009, 00:59   #44
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
please refrain your self from using any kind of HARD liquids like tarpin, petrol, kerosene etc.

just use hot water to remove any kind of stickers and its adhesive on any part of your vehicle, be it glass, plastic or metal!
I guess, with some hard work, hot water should work. BUT, why do you say no petrol on even glass?

Even on paint petrol etc. works, just that the surface needs to be polished again. I know, because someone deliberately threw some industrial glue (or something like that) on my car while driving on the road and it took 30 mins of continuous petrol/ tarpin washing rubbing to get rid of it. After the petrol wash, we used the rubbing compound to get back the shine.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:13   #45
BHPian

@drchernish:
How much did the Double DIN HU cost you if don't mind me asking?

Most Viewed