Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 15:20   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1310 View Post
The header means - Its the start of second lover affair with an Italian beauty, its FIAT Linea.
Congrats !! From the threads here in this section, Linea does make owners romantic , But a word of caution, don't try blind eye to your partner's short comings during courtship !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Congrats Omar! Somehow in this forum, when there is anything told about Linea and Punto, English seems to suffer . Not sure why people dont use Japanese, Korean or German when they buy other cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
Everybody wants to be italian.
Guess what these mean:

日本語の美しさで2番目の恋人事件のその起動すると、そのホンダシティ or this,

한국의 아름다움과 두 번째 애인이 불륜의 그것의 시작은 현대 상트로 and this,

Jeho začátku druhého milence poměr s krásou Čes, jeho Skoda Laura
Old 4th September 2009, 15:23   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
日本語の美しさで2番目の恋人事件のその起動すると、そのホンダシティ
Honda cars are the best even if the argument is baseless ?

Congrats on the Linea Omar Happy Driving
Old 4th September 2009, 15:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Omar, congrats on your linea purchase, happy driving and enjoy admiration.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:03   #19
BHPian

simple

a honda fan writes in jap

so as per google translater

日本語の美しさで2番目の恋人事件のその起動すると、そのホンダシティ
means

The beauty of the Japanese and the two lovers to start their second case, the Honda City

and scoda czech

Jeho začátku druhého milence poměr s krásou Čes, jeho Skoda Laura means

His early second love affair with the beauty of CES, the Skoda Laura

Is it the meaning..?
Old 4th September 2009, 16:21   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Omar on the new purchase. Oh !! You fall in love once again.....

Do not disagree at all with your analysis. Me n my family always try to find a 'bahana' to go for a drive in a Linea.

Enjoy her and safe driving...
Old 4th September 2009, 16:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Congrats on your purchase!.
How does the ride quality etc. compare to the adventure?
Hi! The handling of Linea is better than Adventure. It handles pretty well on the corners. The high spped stability is also quite comparable to Adventure. But the ride quality and suspension, Adventure was better (after all, Adventure was a beast and Linea is a beauty). I don't think there will be any comparison to Adventure's ride and suspension in any car. May be another SUV will match or better it.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:43   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Congrats Omar! so the love for FIAT still remains untouched after owning a Adventure!

Fantastic ownership review, everything summed up!

I saw your Advy on sale. What happened to it? I had referred someone from team bhp to yours long back.

Its always been a pure love and hate relationship when you own a FIAT car, i dont know why. There is something that holds you always to own it once again..

Cheers~
Hey, thanks,

But for me, its been only positive feelings. I mean, I had no hate experience with Fiat per se. Well, may be 3 years was a short time to own a fiat to know the hate factors. I sold my adventure to one person from Pune. The deal was struck in few minutes across the table. I was not prepared for it, but I had to give in, since I had put it for sale anyways. I miss it very much, specifically when, I am driving it on the bad roads of Mumbai. It was a hell of a car.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:46   #23
BHPian

Thanks very much friends. WEll, there are some shortcomings of the Linea, such as the Steering wheel is hydrolic. An electronic one must have been much smoothers like the one in my NHC. Also the gear shift is great in Honda. I still wish, if Linea was 120 horse Tjet. But hey, you need to make a trade off. At 8 lacs plus, its a hell of a package. You feel so damn content about getting much more value for the penny spent. Not like Honda, where you feel, its grossly overpriced for the value it gives.
Old 4th September 2009, 20:20   #24
BHPian

OT:
omar, what kind of mileage does your ANHC give w.r.t Linea in same traffic?
Also is the Honda engine powerful below 2000rpm (unlike Linea)?
Old 4th September 2009, 20:54   #25
BHPian

congrats omar. you have nicely brought out the decision making process for novices like me.
Old 4th September 2009, 21:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Omar for your Italian beauty. The pics are good indeed. Thanks also for your comparision with the ANHC---I am hearing for the first time that the ANHC feels shaky beyond 100 kmph---I'd heard a similar view of the NHC, but not the ANHC.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:04   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
OT:
omar, what kind of mileage does your ANHC give w.r.t Linea in same traffic?
Also is the Honda engine powerful below 2000rpm (unlike Linea)?
1. I am getting approx 10kmpl in Linea (Its under 1000kms now) with 100% a/c on. The ANHC gives about 10kmpl with 100% a/c in similar traffic and it has done more than 4000kms on the ODO. I guess, the Linea will give about 11kmpl with 100% a/c once it does about 2000kms on the ODO. Also, the online mileage reader is more accurate in the Linea than in Honda. While the Honda shows 12kmpl on the ODO, on a tank full to tank full its just above 10kmpl. In Linea its plus and minus 0.5 kmpl. Which means, if the ODO is showing 10.5kmpl, it is actually 10kmpl. I will post more on this, once I run little more on the Linea.
2. The Honda engine is a very good engine for speed below 100kmph. It pulls pretty well in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear. Unlike Linea where there is a lag in the 2nd gear. I must say, in Linea, the 1st gear is very responsive and from 3rd gear onwards, the car pulls decently. Honda, on the other hand, is responsive in all the gears.
3. I was surprised to hear a groanig noise in Honda beyond 100kmph. It sounds as if, the engine really working up to at that speed. Honda is otherwise a very light car. Feels very shaky on the highway beyond 100kmph. (I have checked this several times). What I mean by this is, you really start feeling you are going at 100kmph and beyond. Back seat ride is one of the worst I have experienced in a Sedan.
4. I have driven my Fiat Adventure at 185kmph with 5 people on board. The car made us feel as if we are at 100-120kmph. Linea, I have driven at 160kmph and ditto feeling. Back seat ride is excellent in Adventure. It always made you feel, the car is born for the highway. Ditto for Linea, though Adventure will score more. The All new Honda City, true to its name is a CITY car with good turning radius, excellent steering and gear shift. But average build, suspension and ride quality. Not for those who are used to Fiat, Opel, Ford and Skoda.

Last edited by omar1310 : 5th September 2009 at 11:15. Reason: Added more comments
Old 5th September 2009, 21:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed report, Omar. Isn't that sound in the ANHC when you cross 100 kmph due to the vtec motor coming into play---I heard that the vtec comes into play only at higher speeds?
Old 5th September 2009, 21:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Congrats omar1310,

Enjoy the Beauty.
Comparing Honda City is really worthy word for new buyers who are in confusion between Honda City and Fiat Linea Petrols.
Seat is good as the exterior.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 6th September 2009, 12:50   #30
BHPian

Thanks Karthik. The seats I got it done at Orchis Design, a complete car interior design shop. They have the work shop in Vikhroli (Kailash Complex). You can visit their website Dress Up Your Automotive Interior with Orchis Designers , or you can get in touch with Anil/Pratik on 9870203580/9920790827. They claim that, they do more than 70% of the dealer work of Mumbai. I have a reson to believe, as I always saw brand new Skodas (with the factory sticker on it) coming for interior before even they are sold. Since its the 1st contact point, you get it cheaper than third party guys who may be sourcing it from them. They claim to have done more than 50 lineas already. They did my car in 4 hours (from cutting to stiching to fixing).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks