Team-BHP - Life to Stage-III with New Verna CRDI SX ABS
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Life to Stage-III with New Verna CRDI SX ABS (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/64798-life-stage-iii-new-verna-crdi-sx-abs.html)

Hi All

First of all let me thank you all t-bhpians for your kind advises and notes on my queries and the reviews done with clear outputs. Without those words, I could never have my Verna with me.

I got married on this August, 24th 2009 and after taking only a week's leave after marriage, back at office now. :(

Got my Car delivered on 11th August. Details :

Dealer: Hilton Hyundai (Karunagappally Showroom)

Car Model : Verna CRDI SX ABS

Specs : Silver color, with Bridgstone 185/65 R14 stock tyres, Hyundai Sterio, Rs:10000/- cash discounted, plus basic accessories.

Mods Done : Autocop Reverse Sensor with 2 yr waranty, Ice Cool Sun Film with 2 yr warranty, FM Modulator-USB Adaptor, Floor mats (Total 6k)

Still to Do: Under body coating, Tefflon coating, Philips Xtreme Power +80 bulbs for headlights and fog lamps,Leather custom made seat covers, mapmyindia GPS, team-bhp stickers

Impressions: I drove the beauty for only 8 days and have covered almost 660 kms. I haven't taken her to my office at cochin, because all the mods are not done yet. Till now.. I feel lucky to select Verna for my ride..
Maximum speed achieved is 100 kmph, that too while over taking, and don't want to try it again until I pass the 5k mark in the odo.

I like the aerodynamic looks and contours of Verna. Most people don't like the design, I know that. The headlights need a change in look from inside, with a projector lamp, hope I can make it more sporty. I hate the beige interiors, because it is so sensitive to dirt. The workshop guys were inside the car for fitting the reverse sensor and sun film, and they ruined my seats and roof panels with dirt. It took a good effort to clean all, but still not satisfied. This is the reason why I'm looking for a Black-gray dual tone seat cover. But who will save the dash and dorrs from little children and stain from wet chappals?

Extra floor mats save some part clean. Inside the car, I felt really comfortable and classy with the wooden finish on the panels. Sterio serve good quality music and the FM tuner is a powerful one. Lack of USB port cost me 300 buck to add one FM modulator USB adapter. Why hyundai not taking any DVDs or USBs?

Readings on the instrument cluster is clear and good enough. Wiper adjustments also impressed me. Lot of cavities are there to put a whole tit-bits around you ...

Seats are comfortable at front. Back seats are also good, but if somebody sitting in the middle part, will surely give a bad feedback. I know they are sitting on the armrest, but usually children will be sitting in the middle of the back seat, and it is not comfortable for them to have a bumpy drive on a hard seat.
I had to lower the seat heights to maximum, as a tall person and have a good comfortable position with some tilt to the back. ABS is brilliant on road and feels confidant when see something across the road before me.

Boot luggage space is a playground !! There too I put some extra mats so that there wont be any dust accumulation.

The headlights disappointed me... :( seems they have put Scooter headlight bulbs for such a big car!! Nothing is visible on highways from a distance.. I will change it for sure, never mind the warranty, we need warranty to our lives!!

Hey hey, am not blaming my Car.. I love the Beast and am a great Fan of it. But what all should make it perfect, that is my concern..

Since there is a shortage in time, I'm concluding this here.. Will continue with the riding impression and pictures. Once again thanks to all Gurus from team-bhp, Hellstar, ram, GTO, predator, pras, smokie, sameel and everyone...

NB: Like to make a meet with all Verna Owners who can eet at Cochin.. What u say? ;)

Aneesh Anand

1) Congratulations!

2) If possible, post pictures.

3) Are you satisfied with tyres ? A change might be required. Going by what I have seen, generally the stock tyres are not capable as compared to capabilities the car is having. Considering that you have a quite a powerful car, I suggest you change tyres.

4) I think generally teflon coating is offered by the dealer as a freebie. Nevertheless, make sure that the teflon coating is not done on front windshield. We made this mistake and later on we were not able to properly clean the windshield. This is my experience. Dont know about others.

5) Headlights. A change is a must. I have driven Verna with the stock lamps and was not satisfied. These fast cars actually need atleast dual headlamp setup like Civic, Altis have. Adding projector beams with Xenon bulbs will be beneficial if you are planning to do many highway trips.

right points buddy.. I'm seriously thinking about these changes....

Congrats on a smart decision :)

The verna is a great driver's car and will give you excellent FE and drive.

Pics please. Keep the thread updated regularly !

Thanks.

aaggoswami, you spotted exactly what I'm seriously thinking about.
Of course I will do those changes as soon as possible..

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1466546)
Congrats on a smart decision :)

The verna is a great driver's car and will give you excellent FE and drive.

Pics please. Keep the thread updated regularly !

Sure, I will upload the pictures soon.. Gotta clad her well before taking snaps ;)

Congrats aneeshanand,

Got a Thunder.
Have a load of power and looks,IMO
Enjoy and Drive Safe :)

Congrats!
The Bridgestones that come with the verna are not bad. atleast to me, they were pretty good. Never slid/skidded or lost control in that car. brakes well too, even without the ABS. I must have used the ABS thrice in the last 2 yrs.

If you are upgrading- please try the Bridgestone turanza ER 60 in the 195 section R14 tyres( I forget the profile height) Makes a huge difference in handling and ride.

Aneesh. Nice choice of Car. I'm very impressed by the comfort level provided by the GETZ and the super smooth engine on board. Long drives are a breeze in this car. Verna is more comfortable and you will enjoy drives in it. Kerala highways though are not the place to enjoy this beautiful engine. Do take trips to TN and enjoy the car. ;)

Some pics please.

OT-: My father is also from Karunagapally, and I was there for Onam. :).

Hi

Congrats on your new car as well as marriage
Wish you great time ahead with your to companions

post the picture of your car and also the other aspects of the ownership viz. fuel economy, handling, maintenance, service etc as and when it happens.

hi folks

Thanks again for the replies... You know I really want to publish the pictures as soon as possible, but right now am away from the car :) ie; I left her at my home with my wife, for a week ...;) Will get both back this weekend with me and will do give you the car pics. Here at Cochin, I have to setup a living for them before I'm taking them here na.. so was the hurry

take care

Quote:

Originally Posted by krish3 (Post 1468871)
Aneesh. Nice choice of Car. I'm very impressed by the comfort level provided by the GETZ and the super smooth engine on board. Long drives are a breeze in this car. Verna is more comfortable and you will enjoy drives in it. Kerala highways though are not the place to enjoy this beautiful engine. Do take trips to TN and enjoy the car. ;)

Some pics please.

OT-: My father is also from Karunagapally, and I was there for Onam. :).

Thats a good news :) i got a neighbor on team-bhp!! Well, when you come home next time, sure I will try to meet. But i will be there only on weekends. Neways do call me on 9446521613, if anythng I can do.

Ofcourse, I'm planning for a trip to TN. Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi is in the list. Just waiting for my next Off days to come..

Congrats!!As everyone say pics pls.

Aha! So finally Aneesh's ownership review comes about. Congratulations once again dude. My 2 cents:

1. Like you, I too feel the stock headlights are inadequate. Am looking for a projector setup with xenons.

2. IMHO, the stock Bridgestone tyres are good enough to sustain the car in 95pct of regular usage. My car is due to complete 1 year, and I've never made the tyres even screech hard, despite my "scruff-of-the-neck" style driving. I'd say save the money and look for replacements only when the Bridgestones wear out.

3. The beige interiors are a pain to clean. To save the flooring, install a pair of transparent plastic mats (available in most accessories shops for 1k odd). Easy to take out, wash and put back. For the rest, spend Rs 500 for interior treatment everytime you take the car for a service. Trust me, these are life savers.

4. Overall, the Verna is a sturdy all-rounder which will give no trouble, regardless of your driving style or your roads. Just (and this is a must for any car) find a good service centre.

Awaiting pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1471955)
Aha! So finally Aneesh's ownership review comes about. Congratulations once again dude. My 2 cents:

1. Like you, I too feel the stock headlights are inadequate. Am looking for a projector setup with xenons.

2. IMHO, the stock Bridgestone tyres are good enough to sustain the car in 95pct of regular usage. My car is due to complete 1 year, and I've never made the tyres even screech hard, despite my "scruff-of-the-neck" style driving. I'd say save the money and look for replacements only when the Bridgestones wear out.

3. The beige interiors are a pain to clean. To save the flooring, install a pair of transparent plastic mats (available in most accessories shops for 1k odd). Easy to take out, wash and put back. For the rest, spend Rs 500 for interior treatment everytime you take the car for a service. Trust me, these are life savers.

4. Overall, the Verna is a sturdy all-rounder which will give no trouble, regardless of your driving style or your roads. Just (and this is a must for any car) find a good service centre.

Awaiting pics.

Thank you predator

I was looking for some advises to keep my car interior cleaner, and you came in :) Thanks for the help.

1. Yes, me too looking for projectors. But for the time being my wallet wont allow me to go for a bixenon projector setup.. So Philips X-treme power will come to the scene soon...
2. I will keep them till their end. Since I'm not a Race Driver or an Off road maniac, I will keep my Car always under 110 kmphr.
3. I'm thinking of Black+silver gray seat covers for my car. What is your opinion? Is there there any means of covering the roof and dash also?
4. :) I'm Feeling It... The Verna effect.