Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 13:42   #31
BHPian

Yajaman,

My dealer says he doesn't have this rear sun-blind... Can you check with your dealer whether this is a genuine ford accessory? Also, what would be the price?

Thanks
Old 11th September 2009, 14:02   #32
BHPian

@ashish: The rear seat folding is quite easy. Unfortunately the Stock HU does not have a remote, the remote in the pic is for the FM transmitter. I will check with my dealer and let you know. The price is Rs 3000/-.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Rear sun-blind is a Ford genuine accessory which is officially in the list quoted Rs.3000/-. I dont know how much yajaman got it for.

After driving around 560 kms on NH4 during the day, I never felt a real need for that though. Fiesta AC is powerful enough, I had my AC regulator in the 10 O clock position (close to the red/heater). So, I can imagine how it can chill the cabin in the MAX mode. I have never used the AC in the max till today. If you have a decent quaity sun film on sides and rear, it should add the AC effect too.

Last edited by shajufx : 11th September 2009 at 14:26.
Old 11th September 2009, 21:46   #34
BHPian

The sun blind protects defogger as there is possibility that sunfilm may get damage when you defogger is on.

Yajaman@ Thanks for uploading pic of sun blind. It looks like there is considerable gap between the side wall of window & sun blind edge or may be in actual one may not feel the difference.
Can you please put picture of it from outside?
Old 14th September 2009, 13:18   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
The sun blind protects defogger as there is possibility that sunfilm may get damage when you defogger is on.
Thats a big misunderstanding lot of people have. I have my neighbour who uses defogger at every rain and has a sun film, almost 5 years without even a colour change.

A good quality sun film can take lot of heat. I was in the Mid East for 5 years, the peak temperature is anywhere between 45 to 55 degress celcius. Majority of the cars are parked out in the open for over 8 hours in that temperature, few months in a row. Imagine the temperature build-up within the car when the outside temp is above 45 ! I guess it will be more than double. I have burned my fingers few times by touching the steering wheel as soon as I enter. A defogger may not heat the glass to that extend (specially when its raining on one side of the glass). Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by shajufx : 14th September 2009 at 13:20.
Old 14th September 2009, 23:08   #36
BHPian

Shaju@ I read it on BHP and people are suggesting to avoid sun films on rear window. there are 2 issues here -

1) The installer should be professional and know how to fix the sun film on rear window else there is possibility that he cut the defogger strip.
2) The film peels of if it gets heated and the only solution is to remove it. Now removing the sunfilm means that there is high risk that your defogger strip will also come out along with it.

There are people like you as well who never faced such problem but its always not possible to have good luck like you

Eventhough I also want to go for rear sunfilm but this issue confusing me to take decision.

Last edited by kumar7 : 14th September 2009 at 23:10.
Old 14th September 2009, 23:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Shaju@ I read it on BHP and people are suggesting to avoid sun films on rear window. there are 2 issues here -

1) The installer should be professional and know how to fix the sun film on rear window else there is possibility that he cut the defogger strip.
2) The film peels of if it gets heated and the only solution is to remove it. Now removing the sunfilm means that there is high risk that your defogger strip will also come out along with it.

There are people like you as well who never faced such problem but its always not possible to have good luck like you

Eventhough I also want to go for rear sunfilm but this issue confusing me to take decision.
guys, my 2 paisa on this discussion:

OEM defoggers fitted by manufacturers are integrated into the glass, i.e they are in between the 2 layers of the glass panels. so, there is no way on earth a film fixer can damage the defogger when installing and neither will the film get damaged because of the heating.

kumar, what you are referring to is aftermarket stick on defoggers, so installing and peeling off a sun film on them is a risky proposition.

As far as the heat is concerned, we are talking about 12 Volts and I am told it shuts off automatically if it gets over heated, and as the defogger is btw the glass on our fiesta's, it does not even affect the sunfilm!!
Old 15th September 2009, 10:08   #38
BHPian

Hey Raamki,

Thats an imp piece of info. Even i was a bit worried abt the sunfilm, but i guess i can now go ahead with the rear sunfilm. My dealer siad that once you have the rear sun-film (a good one), the rear sun-blind wouldn't be so essential.

Thanks
Old 15th September 2009, 16:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

I had my windows and rear glass installation of sun film done by the dealer itself. So, there is no fear of either sun film or defogger malfunctioning by any chance. I didnt know the strips were between the glass panels, if thats the case, there is no chance to fear about anything.

Evenif someone has an after-market fitting of defogger strips in any other car, how does the sun film cutting got to do with the situation ? They do all the shaping and cutting of the film outside the rear glass, not from inside. Once its shaped with heat gun its taken inside with the liquid solution etc. So, there is very rare chance of a blade entering the interior. So, dont worry about it anymore, go ahead and get it done.
Old 15th September 2009, 21:38   #40
BHPian

Raamki@ You won the deal and can take all paisa
That was good finding buddy and defiantly now one can go for sun film without any fear!

Last edited by kumar7 : 15th September 2009 at 21:39.
Old 16th September 2009, 01:48   #41
BHPian

no worries guys, go ahead and get those sunfilms fixed on the rear windshield without any second thoughts!!

btw, @rajesh - i ordered the fm modulator from ebay last evening, expecting to receive it in a week or so, cost be 374 incl shipping! thanks for the info on that!
Old 16th September 2009, 17:09   #42
BHPian

Fiesta Dressed in Stanley S-Tech

After shopping around it was a personal choice to go for the Stanley S-Tech option.
I did the booking today and would be getting the seats fitted on Friday morning.
The Package is as follows
1. Seast to be done in "Dusty Haze" S-Tech
2. Steering Wheel in Black Leather.
3. Door trims , gear boot and gear knob in matching leather.

Price: Rs 15.5K

I will be posting pics once the job is completed.

Go Fida
Old 16th September 2009, 20:40   #43
BHPian

Hey Yajaman, whats this S-Tech? Is it Art leather? Stanley fittings are supposed to be very expensive, though I've also heard that their work quality deserves it.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:20   #44
BHPian

@krish3, S-Tech is Artificial Leather. Looks like the real thing but not the real thing.
I agree their work is very good, just waiting for it to be seen on my Fiesta.

Go Fida
Old 16th September 2009, 21:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good upgrade for sure. So we can feast our eyes with some fantastic seats soon ! Some brands do their seat cover works at customer's place, does stanley follow the same ? I think majority of works are done at doorstep, unless there is a heavy machinery (like wheel balancing etc) involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks