Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 12:44   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nice seat covers
Good price - all work at Rs.15000 only - looks fantastic.
So what you did with the old (stock) seat covers?
Old 6th October 2009, 14:29   #62
BHPian

@nairrk - Thanks, the old seat covers are just put in a plastic bag and kept in storage.
Old 11th October 2009, 23:34   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@nairrk - Thanks, the old seat covers are just put in a plastic bag and kept in storage.
I thought they simply put new cover on stock seat cover. Why did they removed the original cover of your car?

Today I saw stanley seat cover kept for display at dealer showroom but strange thing I found is there was zip chain on backside of it. I thought there should not be zip as they stitch the seat cover! Correct me if its wrong.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:44   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
I thought they simply put new cover on stock seat cover. Why did they removed the original cover of your car?

Today I saw stanley seat cover kept for display at dealer showroom but strange thing I found is there was zip chain on backside of it. I thought there should not be zip as they stitch the seat cover! Correct me if its wrong.
+

Seat cover with zip chain - may be the one used to put on the stock cover ( instead of stitching)?
In my last 2 car's I have used the seat cover which was put on the stock cover and looked well fit and nice to see (less job, less expense?)
Thanks
Old 12th October 2009, 13:50   #65
BHPian

@kumar - The original seat covers are removed so the new ones fit perfectly, they call OEM Fit. As for the zip on the display piece you saw it could because of the type of design used or sinces its a display unit maybe they keep changing it.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:23   #66
BHPian

Quote:
@kumar - The original seat covers are removed so the new ones fit perfectly, they call OEM Fit. As for the zip on the display piece you saw it could because of the type of design used or sinces its a display unit maybe they keep changing it.
I understand that Stanley do job in very nice manner but if they remove the covers then again you are at risk of having single seat cover. Due to any reason if Stanley seats damaged then again we need to go for same process?

Do they tear of the original seat covers or can we use them again? If Stanley stitches the seat covers then the only way to clean is use vacuum cleaner.

I was planning to go for Stanley classic but looking at your seat covers (provided they don't remove original seats), I am also inclined towards Stanley Stech. I am planning to use Stanley Classic only for side trims, steering & gear knob.

There is no point in going for touch stanley seats (PU + leather) so its better to for Stech (Stanley PU) seats.

Still looking for other options

Last edited by kumar7 : 12th October 2009 at 23:28.
Old 13th October 2009, 01:06   #67
BHPian

Quote:
just wondering, obviously we are'nt going to be using the stock seat covers after getting the new ones right, any chances of a buyback @ stanley?
Old 13th October 2009, 09:02   #68
BHPian

Sorry for being OT but had a small query. My colleague bought a 1.6 Sxi last week. He was telling that in his car, there is no key hole on the front doors (on the outside) so that he can lock the car from outside . I was surprised that the car has no manual way of locking. Is it so ?

More over, once you get inside and start driving, how do you make the central lock make all doors locked ? Again, his complaint is, he can't find a button /switch which will lock all doors from inside. Now, what he does is, press the remote key and lock the doors.

Can any of the Fiesta owners clarify on these ?
Old 13th October 2009, 09:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Sorry for being OT but had a small query. My colleague bought a 1.6 Sxi last week. He was telling that in his car, there is no key hole on the front doors (on the outside) so that he can lock the car from outside . I was surprised that the car has no manual way of locking. Is it so ?

More over, once you get inside and start driving, how do you make the central lock make all doors locked ? Again, his complaint is, he can't find a button /switch which will lock all doors from inside. Now, what he does is, press the remote key and lock the doors.

Can any of the Fiesta owners clarify on these ?
+

Once all doors are closed, push the driver side door latch handle. You can see the handle goes little inside alongwith a locking sound in all doors.
(Only driver side latch will work for central locking from inside)

Thanks
Old 13th October 2009, 12:43   #70
BHPian

@joecherian - nairrk is correct but both the front side locks will activate the remote locking of all the doors. There is no automatic lock after a few meters of driving it has to be done manualy. Also if kids are there in the back seat please have them enable the 'child lock' feature. there is a key hole on the driver's side only.

@kumar - i agree there is only a single set of seat covers, but it being Art leather is easier to clean than the stock fabric seats. Now if there is physical damge it would depend on the extent of the damage which might inturn also damage the orginal cover. I have been driving around with the Stech for awhile now and "i'm loving it" to quote a fav food joint of mine. It has a great comfort feel.

@raamki - when i had gone to stanley they mentioned they would be giving the stockseat covers back. As they are fabric i guess they are of no use to them.

GO Fida
Old 13th October 2009, 12:55   #71
BHPian

yep, the driver side door release button has to be pushed inward to secure all the 4 doors (you normally would pull it towards you for the door to open).

am not really sure if there is a manual way of opening the doors using the key (no keyhole on the driver side door), probably because of ford's unique key design; the keys are security coded with the ignition system. the main key has the lock/unlock/boot lid open buttons embedded on it.

If it's there, it's got to be only on the door handle! i've probably never noticed it because am so used to pushing the button to lock/unlock it.

Last edited by raamki : 13th October 2009 at 12:59.
Old 13th October 2009, 13:07   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
yep, the driver side door release button has to be pushed inward to secure all the 4 doors (you normally would pull it towards you for the door to open).

am not really sure if there is a manual way of opening the doors using the key (no keyhole on the driver side door), probably because of ford's unique key design; the keys are security coded with the ignition system. the main key has the lock/unlock/boot lid open buttons embedded on it.

If it's there, it's got to be only on the door handle! i've probably never noticed it because am so used to pushing the button to lock/unlock it.
++
There is a keyhole on the drivers side handle.
Check it please
Old 13th October 2009, 13:33   #73
BHPian

driver door key

here is a pic , its crop from one of the pics i had on my harddrive.
hope this helps

Go Fida
Attached Thumbnails
The Ford Fiesta 1.6Zxi Booked & Delivered-driver_door.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 15:08   #74
BHPian

Quote:
here is a pic , its crop from one of the pics i had on my harddrive.
hope this helps

Go Fida
+1, if by chance you lost main key with remote functions, you have to use 2nd key manually as it doesn't have remote functions, but it has chip compatible with ECU.
Old 28th October 2009, 19:57   #75
BHPian

ODO over 2000 KM

Been a while since i update this thread.
The ODO has reached the 2000Km over the last weekend.
Also after nearly 7weeks i got RC Smart Card

Go Fida

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks